• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I probably would have hated KLK, but something about it clicked. Maybe it was its self awareness, idk. Could also have been because I was at a different stage in terms of entertainment consumption. Why did I watch KLK but I'm not watching Keijo now, or rather why don't I even feel compelled to check it out at all?

My winter watch list is anything that looks cool and his successful in passing my first episode test.

But things I'm sure will be good are

Blue exorcist impure king arc
elDlive
Tales of Zestiria the X s2
Chain Chronicles

Hopefully elDLIVE gets its manga resumed here.

My Winter

AKiba's Trip: The Animation
ACCA:13
BLue Exorcist
Chaos;Child [post apocalypse is up there with high school setting for best setting
GranBlue Fantasy
Hand Shakers
Konosuba 2
Marginal #4 [KENN!!!!]
Rakugou
Super Lovers 2
Tales of Zesteria The X02
YowaPeda
elDLIVE
Chain Chronical
Nanbaka 2
Chō Shōnen Tantei-dan NEO

All Out
ClassicaLoid
Gundam IBO 2
Puzzle & Dragons Cross
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Cardfight Vanguard G NEXT
Future Card Buddyfight:DDD [Triple D]
Monster Hunter Stories Ride On
Trickster

Aki-at

Kill la Kill is great and lots of fun. TEAM #Senketsu

My winter watch list is anything that looks cool and his successful in passing my first episode test.

But things I'm sure will be good are

Blue exorcist impure king arc
elDlive
Tales of Zestiria the X s2
Chain Chronicles

You know...

It's Chain Chronicle as in a singular. I hope you enjoyed this funfact endorsed by SEGA GAMES LIMITED.

Hopefully elDLIVE gets its manga resumed here.

My Winter
AKiba's Trip: The Animation
GranBlue Fantasy
These are also things I really like the look of, but it's mainly ony because of the MC designs, so hopefully they are good. If I enjoy the anime, maybe i'll try the game after.

As for elDlive, it never went pass the jump start phase right? I would gladly want to add it beside my Reborn collection.
It's Chain Chronicle as in a singular. I hope you enjoyed this funfact endorsed by SEGA GAMES LIMITED.
I like to add *s* to my anime titles, makes them sound edgier.

Wait were getting an S2 of DreamFes? More TrafficSignal I hope.
CzzSeuHVIAA2YFy.jpg:small

Bungou Stray Dogs Episode 24 [END]
Czz1vamXgAEtiHi.jpg:small
Czz6Vb0WQAA5Ta6.jpg:small

Akutagawa and Atsushi on the same side is the best thing. Really fantastic way to close the anime and also to give hope for the future. Kind of want to read the manga now just for more. Season 2 has really been much much better than S1 which only really took off at the end, while this one was pretty high the whole time. Ill miss it. 8/10

If you're looking for fun, you'll certainly find it in Kill la Kill.

If you're looking for fun but also a legitimately great show with fantastic characters and a fantastic story all the way through, you'll find that in Imaishi's previous work Gurren Lagann.

Normally I probably would have hated KLK, but something about it clicked. Maybe it was its self awareness, idk. Could also have been because I was at a different stage in terms of entertainment consumption. Why did I watch KLK but I'm not watching Keijo now, or rather why don't I even feel compelled to check it out at all?

If I had to guess, I think you watched KLK because it had a large amount of hype from the anime community for a while due to Imaishi working on it and how people basically thought it would be Gurren Lagann 2.

But it could never be that, and I noticed that the more I watched it. In fact, KLK honestly made me appreciate TTGL more for the way it told its story and how much better it was.

Winter Watch List, RSM (Read Source Material)

Will Watch
Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen (RSM)
Demi-chan wa Kataritai (RSM)
Gabriel DropOut (RSM)
Gintama 2017 (RSM)
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maidragon (RSM)
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
Little Witch Academia (TV)
Onihei
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen

Might Watch
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
GRANBLUE FANTASY The Animation
Masamune-kun no Revenge (RSM)
Youjo Senki (Depends how bad the edge is)
Yowamushi Pedal: NEW GENERATION (If I can stomach finishing the previous season)
ēlDLIVE (If I can forget about the beyond horrid manga ending of Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Same mangaka) by the time it starts or ends...unlikely.)

The Winter 2017 TV anime I'm interested in at this point:

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen - More Rakugo.
Granblue Fantasy? - Interested in fantasy adventure, not confident this will deliver the goods.
ACCA 13? - Interesting people involved but has the strong potential of ending up lackluster.
Dragon Dentist - Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the expansion of this Animator Expo concept.
Demi-chan wa Kataritai - Heard good things about the manga, PVs appear pleasant.
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - The thing most like Nichijou that KyoAni has made since Nichijou.
Little Witch Academia series - I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but the effects animation looks spectacular and there's potential for the concept expanded into a full series.
Onihei? - This is kind of under the radar, but the source material sounds interesting and the preview footage I saw a while back looked to have solid action cinematography.
Urara Meirochou - I have to watch something with such bright, colorful art direction.

Wanderer5

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 END

Well that is that. The arc wrapped things up nicely and I think this was a great ending point for the time being while also giving some hints of future stories. Whether they come back with another season or not (and that would probably be a while if so), at least the ending here felt quite satisfying.

So yeah damn, this show became quite something. The first cour was definitely rough in ways, but was able to pull through with the last few episodes, and yet here comes this cour that was pretty great throughout the whole thing. The concept of characters and their abilities being based on authors is pretty cool, and quite a few interesting and good characters came out from it, with Dazai being one of my favorite characters from this year. I should check out the manga sometime, even through it is not published in the USA from the looks of it.

duckroll

Fune wo Amu - Episode 5-6

Majime is a real klutz but he's adorable in that way. I like where the story is going, and while there's quite a bit of "drama" and misunderstandings in these two episodes, they were handled without being annoying and the issues were resolved fairly quickly because the characters act like adults rather than dragging on a bad subplot like high schoolers in anime tend to.

Episode 5 in particular had some really, really good sound direction. Effective use of music, and even better use of silence, allowing sound effects to have a stronger impact on the intent of the scenes. Great stuff.

ibyea

Banned
The Winter 2017 TV anime I'm interested in at this point:

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Sukeroku Futatabi-hen - More Rakugo.
Granblue Fantasy? - Interested in fantasy adventure, not confident this will deliver the goods.
ACCA 13? - Interesting people involved but has the strong potential of ending up lackluster.
Dragon Dentist - Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to the expansion of this Animator Expo concept.
Demi-chan wa Kataritai - Heard good things about the manga, PVs appear pleasant.
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - The thing most like Nichijou that KyoAni has made since Nichijou.
Little Witch Academia series - I'm not a big fan of the franchise, but the effects animation looks spectacular and there's potential for the concept expanded into a full series.
Onihei? - This is kind of under the radar, but the source material sounds interesting and the preview footage I saw a while back looked to have solid action cinematography.
Urara Meirochou - I have to watch something with such bright, colorful art direction.

Oh wow, they made the dragon dentist short into a show? I am in!

DreamFes Episode 12 [END]
Cz0AKmFWQAAQ4Qh.jpg:small
Cz0DCK9WEAAbg-2.jpg:small

BN Pictures take on a male idol anime proved to be pretty awesome. Some parts were rocky at the start, but over time PLEASURE FLAG, TrafficSignal, Kurofune, grew on me. I loved the idols starting from the bottom to work their way to the to plot turned out. The concert was so worth it, loved every minute of it even the full PLEASURE FLAG performance. I need more. 10/10.

Cz0E-6rUsAA_gPH.jpg:small

Wanderer5

So the impressions I got were that Bungou Stray Dogs S1 was meh but S2 was good?

S1 was like meh but then good near the end, while S2 was great all the way through really. S2 might have been at its best with the first 4 episode via the arc that deals with Dazai's past, but the arc that covers the rest of the season was still great.

Exalted

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 End

That was a nice ending to a great show. Didn't really expect before the start of this season that this would actually become one of my favourites of this whole year. I enjoyed this so much more than S1.

Fune wo Amu - Episode 5-6

Majime is a real klutz but he's adorable in that way. I like where the story is going, and while there's quite a bit of "drama" and misunderstandings in these two episodes, they were handled without being annoying and the issues were resolved fairly quickly because the characters act like adults rather than dragging on a bad subplot like high schoolers in anime tend to.

Episode 5 in particular had some really, really good sound direction. Effective use of music, and even better use of silence, allowing sound effects to have a stronger impact on the intent of the scenes. Great stuff.

Episode 7 is really well directed, too! Enjoy.

e: Just watched that confrontation scene again and it's sooooo goooood.

Kenstar

As if titles could kill anything... at least it's better than My Light Novel Adaptation Title Can't Possibly Be This Long and variations of overly-verbose titles that nobody in their right mind would remember consistently. That was worse because one of the things you kind of need for brand identity is a catchy name, and jamming a full paragraph into your series' title certainly doesn't lend itself well to being catchy or anything.

At least LN Titles get cool 4 character nicknames
OreImo Haganai Konosuba DanMachi WataMote

jonjonaug

New show Re:CREATORS announced.

タイトル:Re:CREATORS(レクリエイターズ)
原作・キャラ原案:広江礼威
監督:あおきえい
シリーズ構成:あおきえい・広江礼威
アニメ制作:TROYCA
放送情報:2017年放送開始予定
公式サイト:http://recreators.tv/
Twitter:https://twitter.com/recreators_tv

Aoki Ei x Rei Hiroe? hope Aoki Ei don't mess up this time lol.
https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809536770027057152
Is this actually being written by Hiroe or is this AldnoahZero all over again?

Also re: Black Lagoon I think he said a little bit ago that it'd be coming back in the first half of 2017, but we've heard that before.

Is this actually being written by Hiroe or is this AldnoahZero all over again?

Also re: Black Lagoon I think he said a little bit ago that it'd be coming back, but we've heard that before.

Aoki and Hiroe are jointly credited for series composition, but of course we have no idea yet who is writing individual scripts.

Exalted

Sölf;226711169 said:
So, did Stray Dogs become any better? I didn't even like the first episode back then.
I would say that yes it got better, S2 especially. But if you didn't like Ep1 at all, there is little chance that you might like the latter stuff.

if japanese people read right to left

why don't their 2d side scrollers do the same?

Because they know we're right. And we go right. Wake up Japan sheeple, start reading the right way.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 38

Jesus this has been such a wonderful wild ride. Also
Okuyasu
holding smol Stray Cat was adorable. Really glad this show lived up to the hype the manga fans had for it going in.

Thoraxes

You're already tainted my friend.

Welcome to our den of depravity.

Just T

Flip Flappers: 5-7

Still confused and enthralled at the same time. The art in this is so neat. The Iro episode was an interesting look into her past, at first I thought it was something personally going on with Cocona though. The plot seems to be building up a bit with this mention of Mimi so wonder how that focus is going to turn out.

Thoraxes

So the impressions I got were that Bungou Stray Dogs S1 was meh but S2 was good?

Season 1 was good, but more about the main cast and establishing their dichotomy. It's very Ouran in portions of S1, something I quite enjoyed, but is a little more impenetrable for more people.
Season 2 is where motivations, backstories, and a fucking cool set of conflicts come up between the major players, and is satisfyingly done. The tone of everything gets more serious as a result which is the stuff generally more people seem to like.

Basically, like all stuff Igarashi and Enokido work on, I love it all. The Taku Iwasaki music is totally on-point like always.

You're already tainted my friend.

Welcome to our den of depravity.

I think it's more anime not doing new things that kills me more than fan service. But I'd say the two fall under the same category, and shows that I probably would have given a try a few years back, I wouldn't even touch with a 1 foot pole today. My tolerance only gets worse as I watch more and get older.

Taruranto

Trickster needs more love, its only Taruranto and I watching. :(

Well, I'm watching it, but I don't know about loving it.

I actually felt let down by the Yuri on Ice impressions here from last week. I understand that the presentational focus of watching the same on ice performances over and over again can be wearing, but the tone of the show last week was wildly different only to elicit a number of responses about how nothing is changing. The context of this last performance being the culmination of their effort and work just bears a crushing weight that some of the characters just break under. And they cannot really just look forward and up to another shot at refining their work, instead it stands beside the overwhelmingly remarkable output of their peers who have taken dozens of strides forward. The tone of the series could seem like it was heading for a goofball kind of romantic and uplifting ending but the last episode set everything down a very bleak track where these skaters and coaches find pieces of themselves unchanged or still lacking in spite of hard or promising work. I am very interested to see which way the show winds up leaning as it comes to an end.

Honestly my issue was not primally because of the repetitive performances, the whole episode just felt overall poorly directed and didn't do a good job at hyping the final episode. The whole episode just felt... lazy? Can't think of a more fitting adjective. Even the cliffhanger didn't work for me.

The fact that 4 of 5 performances were rehashes certainly didn't help, but as far I understand, that's just how Ice Skating works.

This is good. I wonder if Yurio and Otabek will get one.
CzyVAUHUQAAxi8f.jpg:small

ICDtXCv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom