• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the changing of the next episode preview to all gold and highlight Gold in the name of the episode (and Mori but idk why) for the last Diamond is Unbreakable episode I really hope they end it on a tease for Part 5.

Part 5 is the part I'm most looking forward to being animated (especially if its as good as DiU has been) because it gets kind of a bad rap from the Western fandom due to regressing back to being like Part 3, as well as the translation being total garbage. It has the most to gain improvement wise from an adaptation, Phantom Blood aside. Also I find Part 5 to be somewhat unique since it takes place in Italy and not Japan/America, aside from Part 2/3 which are globe trotting adventures.

The fights are amazing though, if Part 4 is when JoJo gets its defining identity for real Part 5 capitalizes on that. The main group in Part 5 is also a lot better then in Part 3.

ICDtXCv.jpg

Wheres the rings?

Jarmel

Banned
New show Re:CREATORS announced.

タイトル:Re:CREATORS(レクリエイターズ)
原作・キャラ原案:広江礼威
監督:あおきえい
シリーズ構成:あおきえい・広江礼威
アニメ制作:TROYCA
放送情報:2017年放送開始予定
公式サイト:http://recreators.tv/
Twitter:https://twitter.com/recreators_tv

Aoki Ei x Rei Hiroe? hope Aoki Ei don't mess up this time lol.
https://twitter.com/MangaMagJapon/status/809536770027057152

This is good. Aoki is a good fit for Hiroe but I need to see the rest of the staff before I'm that excited. Still though after all the trash that has been announced, this is a good animu announcement.

Eumi

They did the colour pallet they were supposed to. I was hoping for some small homage to that iconic cover and that was the best way they could have gone about it.

I love Kira's slow breakdown (breakdown) as things start to turn on him. The man is so delusional.

Also yeah part 5 confirmed. Like, there was no way they weren't going to at this point but I'm happy we're gonna see some of it next Ep by the looks of things. 4 to 5 has a really nice bridge. Wonder if they're keeping this art style in that case though.
Or will we get a hard artstyle shift once we see Italy?

Just T

Flip Flappers: 8

Episode was straight, reminded me of Ronin Warriors for a brief second. Nice to Yayaka come around a little bit but risky at the same time.

Also yeah part 5 confirmed. Like, there was no way they weren't going to at this point but I'm happy we're gonna see some of it next Ep by the looks of things. 4 to 5 has a really nice bridge. Wonder if they're keeping this art style in that case though.
Or will we get a hard artstyle shift once we see Italy?

Probably an art style shfit but not as hard as 3 to 4.

Has Re: in front. Isekai? Isekai.

What started the Re: trend? Is it just an extension of naming everything Revolution or Revenge or Reloaded

phaze

Bungou, no longer Stray, Dogs 24

So that's it then. Like with Haikyuu, I feel the denouement to the big fight should have come immediately on the heels of all the build up of the last episode, especially since they had the whole
Kyouka + Dostoievski* coming out of the woodwork thing still to play
but I guess that's just the reality 24 minute long slots for you.

Sadly the animation remained what it usually was, competent but with highs that don't exactly blow your mind and the Guild itself ended up as a bit disappointing antagonists, which I'd partly put down to the fast pace of this season, where even Fitzgerald has but a few moments to spell out his motivations and characterization but that very same thing made basically this whole season a thing with nay a dull moment. It even managed to surprise me with character arcs of Atsushi and Akutagawa that weren't as aimless that I thought them to be. Nice to see Kyouka finally get a conclusion to her arc too, she provided the most heartfelt moments in this finale.

Bungou Stray Dogs is this weirdly endearing show that I don't think I'd dare objectively good, not with its writing that ranges from garbage to decent, yet one that because of its myriad of assets I can't help but enjoy. Dem godtier Igarashi faces !

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What started the Re: trend? Is it just an extension of naming everything Revolution or Revenge or Reloaded

I don't know man. I just know it popped up once Isekai became le theme du jour. Suddenly everything was "Re".

BTW, Rei Ayanami is the reincarnation of Yui Ikari. Coincidence?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 38:

This does provide a nice contrast with how things ended at the end of Stardust Crusaders.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 38:

This does provide a nice contrast with how things ended at the end of Stardust Crusaders.
the contrast of super lit DiU vs. davidpro limping over the finish line on stardust crusaders....

Szadek

Soushin Shoujo Matoi - Ep. 11
Matoi's father has gotten a pretty likeable and relatable character during the last few episodes.
Hopefuly Matoi comes back alive, not only for her own sake, but to give him a happy ending as well,because he sure as fuck deverses it.
Some of the recent twists were pretty cool as well.
So yeah, it was a pretty decent setup episode for the final battle.

Finsihed S1 of Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
This was my first Gundam series as well as the first Mecha anime I watched since... probably Aldnoah Zero, which is kind of depressing.
In any case, it was pretty good.
My favorite part of the show got to be the character designs and they are kind of the reason why I watched the show to begin with.
I'm not a huge fan of Mecha battle in space and this series had a lot of them, but where also enough ground combats for me to enjoy.
As for the characters: The 3 main characters are pretty good and the supporting cast waslike able enough as well

Overall I think give the show an 8/10.
I'm not going to watch s2 right away, since the series seems to love cliffhanger, so I rather wait until the show is about to end before I catch up.

Chain Chronicle Movie 1 Ep 1 & 2

Chain Chronicle feels like a video game plot, especially the first half of episode 1, even the meeting the final boss yet failing with even all the friends. May not be the most original thing but I love that sort of plot. Then with Yuri regathering his friends and now meeting Aram who he seems to see as most valuable and a good friend, its taking off.

Enjoy the black enemies and also the wealth of great character designs all over. Attacks with the weapons imbued with the mana is fantastic.

Cz0lh_VXEAEvcLF.jpg:small
Cz0gol_UAAA1PnG.jpg:small

Cz0dqtoWQAAkr7V.jpg:small

Line_HTX

Dungeon OVA

hpV2p9L.jpg

Ryu Lion not even bothering to take part, lol.

bUsNvmQ.jpg

The carved Hephaestus in bloomers statue is forever a part of the hot springs.

And of course, as with every hot springs episode, there's the staring and then the shock...

EGR1wET.png

Sterok

Lostorage Incited Wixoss 11

At least Hanna has recovered. And now, the battle we've all been waiting for. The problem with not understanding the card game is that I can't tell who is supposed to be winning or losing at any point, so I don't know if sudden comebacks make sense or are stupid. Suzuko didn't even need Honest to get Chinatsu to spill her heart out. Not bad. Of course Satomi wanted more despair and less reconciliation. Next time, we find out if there's a season 2.

Toonami is gonna air Shelter this New Year's Eve.

Will nerds get angry because "it's not anime!"?

Probably.

But they can get bent just like before.

Just T

Flip Flappers: 9

Pretty intense episode with some nice action. Not really surprised with the Yayaka reveal just still interested in the why, also having the memories on the ice was neat.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless - The Complete Series

Can't really be bothered to review this……………………

Chain Chronicle Movie 1 Ep 3 & 4
Cz0sEwBUAAAEv5j.jpg:small

Episode 3 was kind of a drag but it did help to develop some of the characters. Episode 4 was quite intense
Brunhardto becoming a demon was sad especially for the girl who had told him to stay out of things. Sad.

Velnar and Aram are hilarious.
Cz0yekVXEAANMxq.jpg:small
Cz0yekPWQAAsvq3.jpg:small

would they really make Yuri turn into a Demon too next part?

Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season 12
That's that...still quite an underwhelming show when its focused on Atsushi which outside of the prequel first 4 episodes was most of this season. At least he feels a bit more tolerable this season around, though on the other hand The Great Fitzgerald was such a dumb ability in a series that has many dumb abilities. I should be liking this series, but the overall story just makes it hard to really enjoy the good art and music. Also we never saw the McGuffin book of revival boo.

Prequel first 4 eps 6/10, later 8 episodes 4.5/10, Overall 5/10 (Gave first season a 3/10).

BluWacky

Yuri on Ice 11

Hmmm. Not sure where I fall on this one.

I do like the portrayal of pressure in this episode, as dimb mentioned. Whether it was significantly different from that we've seen elsewhere I'm not sure, and JJ's character is so exaggerated that he didn't really earn much sympathy from me. It did emphasise that I'd have liked the show to have spent more time with Phichit and Otabek, at least; had we seen anywhere else, for instance, that Phichit has pet mice? Or anything that indicated Otabek had issues with feeling second-rate?

I don't think the show is going to go anywhere dark with its ending, but it becomes ever clearer that despite all the airtime devoted to it, the skating really is of very little importance in the long run - which is a good thing, if a little undercooked. Yuri is highly unlikely to win the Grand Prix, but that's not the point. He isn't the best skater out there - it seems as though Yurio is - but he will get to go out having done his very best rather than totally bottling it as he did previously, and retire from skating gracefully rather than in shame (we began the series, after all, with him thinking about retirement having finished university - presumably this is still on his mind). The show is clearly trying to bait us into thinking he and Viktor will break apart entirely from its "cliffhanger ending" to the episode, but this seems like far more of a professional issue (note all the lingering moments Yuri spends seeing Viktor caught up in the other performances) than a personal one.

Thud

Shine on you Crazy Diamond 38

Once again Kira gets rekt because he thinks he won.

DavidPro stepping up their endgame just like Araki.

Taruranto

Yuri on Ice 11

Hmmm. Not sure where I fall on this one.

I do like the portrayal of pressure in this episode, as dimb mentioned. Whether it was significantly different from that we've seen elsewhere I'm not sure, and JJ's character is so exaggerated that he didn't really earn much sympathy from me. It did emphasise that I'd have liked the show to have spent more time with Phichit and Otabek, at least; had we seen anywhere else, for instance, that Phichit has pet mice? Or anything that indicated Otabek had issues with feeling second-rate?

I don't think the show is going to go anywhere dark with its ending, but it becomes ever clearer that despite all the airtime devoted to it, the skating really is of very little importance in the long run - which is a good thing, if a little undercooked. Yuri is highly unlikely to win the Grand Prix, but that's not the point. He isn't the best skater out there - it seems as though Yurio is - but he will get to go out having done his very best rather than totally bottling it as he did previously, and retire from skating gracefully rather than in shame (we began the series, after all, with him thinking about retirement having finished university - presumably this is still on his mind). The show is clearly trying to bait us into thinking he and Viktor will break apart entirely from its "cliffhanger ending" to the episode, but this seems like far more of a professional issue (note all the lingering moments Yuri spends seeing Viktor caught up in the other performances) than a personal one.

Eh, I think Yuuri may still win. Yurio will probably exhaust himself during the next competition and pass out, they made a point during this episode with his mind going blank.

I'm kinda iffy about J.J choking. It just felt weird and came out of nowhere. It's not even the first time he reaches the finals, so uh.

[Flip Flappers] -11
This is actually some of the worst trash I've seen in an anime in a long time. This entire series has completely fallen apart.
The original series of 'FlipFlappers' ended around episode 8 or so. It's painfully obvious that the last few episodes share a completely different creative vision, and plot and even characters from everything that's come before. I've written extensively about shows being obviously re-written in the past, but signs in FlipFlappers are even more obvious than usual.
- The art direction of the show is completely trash now, all the good background art is gone, and everything else looks completely boring
- The tone of the series has abruptly changed from being a whimsical series into a dark, bloody series filled with murder, suffering and torment
- The mysterious, shadowy organisation that serves as antagonists are not only never properly explained, but they're literally written out of the series and replaced by a brand new antagonist who appears out of thin air .
- Every character in the cast suddenly receives a new backstory in a completely improbable manner which clashes strongly with all the logic the show has developed so far
- A bunch of incredibly dense and lengthy flashbacks suddenly appear to re-write the entire plot of the series. These flashbacks appear to feature literally a series worth of story squished into about 5 minutes
- We're supposed to care about a bunch of characters and events that happen in said flashbacks, even though we've spent zero time with these characters and everything is extremely rushed
- Nothing makes any sense
- What the hell is this character design, seriously:
- This show is trash
I felt bad about getting distracted off watching it at episode 4 and planned on catching up cause I really liked it... Now I'm thinking against it, I saw stray gifs and posts about it that made me wary that this might have been happening and this kinda confirmed it like a checklist of things that annoy me.

Thanks for saving me the time :(

Szadek

Todays episode of Drifters :
tumblr_oiapteOMP61u1l866o2_540.jpg

I felt bad about getting distracted off watching it at
episode 4 and planned on catching up cause I really liked it... Now I'm thinking against it, I saw stray gifs and posts about it that made me wary that this might have been happening and this kinda confirmed it like a checklist of things that annoy me.

Thanks for saving me the time :(
Episode 5-8 are still worth watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom