• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

huh, Colour me surprised that their actually doing (and already announced) a 6th season of Natsume Yuujinchou. Guess I need to catch up and watch season 5 already.

huh, Colour me surprised that their actually doing (and already announced) a 6th season of Natsume Yuujinchou. Guess I need to catch up and watch season 5 already.

Seasons 1 and 2, and then 3 and 4 were both split cour seasons, so it's not too surprising that 5/6 are going to follow the same pattern.

zulux21

Zootopia is clearly the winner.

I think I actually have to give the edge to Moana.

I think it goes
Moana > zootopia >>> kubo and the two strings.

not that kubo was bad, it just wasn't great.

I won't manage to watch Moana a second time to see how it holds up on a second watching though. Zootopia held up solidly.

Cornbread78

Cornbread please, I got destroyed last time I mentionned letting it in.
Well, I was told it wasn't fair to use just his or any other mods opinion, so...

6zwczfO.gif

I'll leave it on there (I'm ok with it either way), but I don't want to hear 1 peep from anyone or bear the wrath of angry jilted anime fans when their favorite piece of shit show gets beaten out by a puppet show, lol.

E89.gif

I swear this is like the 13th time you bring this up, lol.
Admit it, you're just jealous because it will rank higher than your favorite anime of the year!

Lol, EVERYTHING will finish ahead of my favorite anime this year. I just hope 1 of them finishes in thr top 10 to validate my anime fandom...

Narag

Well, I was told it wasn't fair to use just his or any other mods opinion, so...

You wanted to ask people that hadn't watched the show and god knows how salty you get when people bash KEYshit despite not watching it. It's almost as if watching something provides a certain perspective.

Cornbread78

Zootopia is clearly the winner.

Im voting for Hyouka.

Guess that means I can vote for Rogue One then.

See what I mean. The floodgates are open....

You wanted to ask people that hadn't watched the show and god knows how salty you get when people bash KEYshit despite not watching it. It's almost as if watching something provides a certain perspective.

Huh? Not sure what your even trying to say here...What does my Key love have to do with the community voting for something?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thunderbolt Fantasy being Japanimation or not doesn't matter when Love Live Sunshine is going to win anyway.

Kuromukuro 3 (Rewatch)

I really like how they used the temple monk - someone within a centuries-old tradition that directly links back to Kennosuke's time - to break down Kennosuke's resistance to the new world in which he's found himself. It's a good way of handling time displacement.

zulux21

Got this today. Too bad there's no Kindle version, but the book, like Kizu is nicely done.

http://i.imgur.com/AGmQezd.jpg?1[img][/QUOTE]

I got one of those
also got no game no life 5
sword art 9 I think
dungeon 7
and irregular at magic high 3.

Thud

Rose of Versailles 19

Oscar has to change her uniform five times per day at least. All those woman crying on her.

Joking aside this was a wonderful episode. It's an accomplishment that they made Polignac and Charlotte human beings. After all those devilish schemes, we see three women break down by the cruel fates that's laid out for them.

Somewhat ironic that Polignac pushed her daughter in a situation she might have gone through herself. You can understand where she might have come from. From losing it all to climbing her way up the social ladder with tricks and plots. Then that ending I knew would happen, still it crushed me. Bone breaking really.

Next episode plays a different song. After that one a short break as I'll work my way through some backlog.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
crunchyroll puts kabaneri all over its aoty list after they pick up home distribution rights for it. :thinking:

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Great Passage 1

The editing in this is really impressive. It feels like something out of an Aranofsky film. In fact, I really do get the impression I'm watching a live action film instead of anime.
crunchyroll puts kabaneri all over its aoty list after they pick up home distribution rights for it. :thinking:

:poop:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I guess one thing we can say for this year is that no anime had as bad of an ending as Netflix's The OA.

Thunderbolt is wonderful and fantastic and all, but I'd also like to see you transition into a certain super robot mecha show you started earlier in the summer and stopped three episodes in... :p
I know, I know. I still have that marked and haven't forgotten aha. The day I watch again I feel like we should fire some virtual fireworks.

Don't sleep on Thunderbolt Fantasy. Actually, don't even bother sleeping until you've started on it - it's a far better series than Westworld.

Really.
Jeez. Westworld is so damn cool though. I'm on episode 6 and it just keeps getting better and better.

Well, outside of here Erased was very, VERY popular with anime fans. Same with Re;Zero, although reception was better for that here.. If Mob isn't on the list then that is a clear mistake...
No it is, but the rest of the list is questionable. They were clearly going for what's popular or needed a push for their platform.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Having not watched Westworld at all, and thus remaining perfectly objective, I can confirm Thunderbolt Fantasy is better.

John Blade

Ahh....so many physical anime show. Just wish I got into it but didn't have enough cash to splash on it (mostly CDN currency is terrible). I know they is an anime site where you can buy anime stuff in CDN without getting kill in the currency issue here.

I know, I know. I still have that marked and haven't forgotten aha. The day I watch again I feel like we should fire some virtual fireworks.

The day you start again I'll be watching all my favourite parts all over again giggling like a child on Christmas morning in anticipation waiting for you to get to them. :)

I'm sorry it's just been so long since I've seen fresh TTGL reactions that I get unreasonably excited whenever someone starts it.

Clov

Ahh....so many physical anime show. Just wish I got into it but didn't have enough cash to splash on it (mostly CDN currency is terrible). I know they is an anime site where you can buy anime stuff in CDN without getting kill in the currency issue here.

Amazon.ca can be okay when ordering Funimation titles (especially early, since occasionally they accidentally price them lower than normal). Preordering Sentai Filmworks titles can get you decent prices too, but they all jump way up as soon as the title actually releases. I've also been able to get good deals on Discotek titles there. Titles distributed by RightStuf tend to be on the expensive side, but I've seen the prices for them drop every now and then.

Working retail during the Holidays

Someone please kill me.

Hozuki no Reitetsu 1-3
download.png

This is a good show. I appreciate how the comedy starts cool and then builds up. It helps that mixing various religious and spiritual figures makes for naturally amusing moments. I will admit that a few references went over my head.

If I had one real complaint, it'd be that I find the opening a bit weak. I don't think it really captures what makes the show enjoyable, and it's just kind of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom