• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 086

C0K2HpNUAAA6r9L.jpg

Very useful image.

Jarmel

Banned
Michael Proffitt, the OED’s first new chief editor for 20 years, said the mammoth masterpiece is facing delays because “information overload” from the internet is slowing his compilers.
bigly to become real

Quasar

Natsume Yuujinchou Go 11 - Nice final? episode. Liked seeing a episode focused on these guys. Thats one of the aspects of this season I;ve really liked getting episodes focused on other characters. Shame I didn't get a Hinoue episode though. But man..Natsume has the weakest constitution in anime.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't believe someone's last name is Proffitt.

you guys remember when wikipedia came in discs

and was called something else

and if you didn't find the answer in there you wouldn't finish your homework?

Someone should make an anime about that.

Kiss Him, Not Me Ep 7 On a Journey to the Holy Land of Kachu Rabu engdub

NanaShino arguing over the best place to date at the end is amazing, i love them arguing and just imagining shino showing up 1 hour early fir his date with nana is hilarious.

I was too lazy to change my avatar for years and then when I finally tried people complained. I guess I'm doomed to forever be tuna.
I instantly know you by avatar though, it's pretty memorable lol. Same can be said about most of the folks on here with permanent avatars, or those who stick to a theme.
Not ready to change this avatar yet.

Not until I get more people watching Majin Bone anyway.
You should get yourself one of those dope Eva avatars, you know the ones.

Caught up with The Great Passage, with that my AOTY list is pretty much semi-set unless something big happens to it's or Girlish Number's ending (I will try to start and finish Kuromukuro soon since the general praise it getting)

1. Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu (Nothing will outdo this, first time in a good 4 years I had to really consider giving an anime a 10)
2. Mob Psycho 100 (Bones did Mob justice, after what they pulled with MHA's adaption I was scared)
3. Jojo Part 4 (If the animation and storyboarding didn't fall apart for those 6 or so episodes of the towards the end it may of passed MP100.)
4. Fune wo Amu (Don't see it falling apart, nor anything rising above it so its spot at 4 is safe)
5-7. Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko: Everything Flows
5-7. Uchuu Patrol Luluco
5-7. Gi(a)rlish Number
8-9. Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
8-9. Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
10. Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
10. Flying Witch
10. Natsume Yuujinchou Go

Still just undecided what gets the last spot, I have a feeling I'm going to give it to Flying Witch in the end....

I just watched Kimi no na wa / Your Name

Based off the trailer I saw, I assumed it was a take on the age old body switch-eroo movie like Freaky Friday. I realise it's way more complicated than that now.

Really enjoyed it though. Very touching love story, I can see why it's so big now in Japan.

I do have one issue though that really annoys me about the film.
Why did they never notice, throughout all of their switches, throughout all of the diary writing and day to day at school, why did they never notice the difference in years?

I can only guess that the writer hadn't considered it or they just forget it every time they switch back.

Problem is - nobody knows what Majin Bone is, and thus nobody recognizes your avatar.

I can almost hear nintendoman's teeth grinding.

I'm not giving up.

I should put a link to Crunchyroll's stream of the show in my twitter description.

It's an underwatched show that deserves more attention.

You should get yourself one of those dope Eva avatars, you know the ones.

Uh, I actually don't know the ones, lol.

Branduil

Once I learned the Crunchyroll "panel of experts" was seven people with varying quality of qualifications the terribleness of those nominations made sense.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i'm a very tough grader. ping pong: aggressively ugly. tale of princess kaguya: drawn with crayon. these are the kind of glaring flaws that stop masterpieces from happening, so i can only give a nine out of ten.

problem is nobody cares about Majin Bone

i mean I appreciate the garage punk rock ED, But it was forgettable

Nobody cares about Majin Bone because nobody bothers to watch a 52 episode sentai show that's based off a children's mobile game.

At first I think that's understandable, but then I see people flocking over to sit through 24 episodes of boring Fafner stuff thinking that the next series they're going to watch is going to be super good.

i'm a very tough grader. ping pong: aggressively ugly. tale of princess kaguya: drawn with crayon. these are the kind of glaring flaws that stop masterpieces from happening, so i can only give a nine out of ten.

Tale of princess kaguya I gave a 5......I just found it absolutely dreadfully dull outside the amazing visuals. I guess the length didn't help that issue either for me.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

We tried to sell Thunderbolt Fantasy with "Even dimb likes it".
Tale of princess kaguya I gave a 5......I just found it absolutely dreadfully dull outside the amazing visuals. I guess the length didn't help that issue either for me.

We can't be friends.

ibyea

Banned
Girlish Number: 5
"You really are trash."

Haha, Chitose really does suck, I wonder why he keeps managing her despite her terrible personality.

Favorite moment has to be the director just being completely broken down.

duckroll

The Great Passage - Episode 7

Watched this yesterday. I like how they spent an entire episode focusing on Nishioka. Feels like he's going to be leaving the show soon after this. Sad. The narrative balance in the show feels weird though. Like, for a show that seems to be about Majime, and partly about his relationship with other people, there's a weird lack of focus on his relationship with thegirlhelikeswhohesatinaferriswheelwithonceiforgothernamebutsheisplayedbymaayasakamoto. In fact, considering how the previous episode ended, it's really weird there's no follow up at all other than the implication that they are dating now.

The Great Passage - Episode 8

Erm. Wut? Did I missed 4 episodes of the show inbetween or something? I don't even know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom