• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
dril-zero-difference.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc.. It is not available in your country.

Foiled.

I'm still team crab but Reiketsu might tip me over.

It'll be a sad day if Kira loses villain of the year.

Seriously. Easily the best on that list. Not even sure the rest deserve to be there honestly (Shigaraki maybe if we consider how he grows in the manga, but since we only see his intro in the anime so far I don't feel like that's a fair consideration. And he's still leagues behind Kira)

Exalted

Please rig the voting so Rem doesn't win. Thanks in advance.
I mean Rem is obviously the best girl from that very limited list of candidates there. Or do you really think Mumei should win or that annoying Nico or that girl form MHA that no one remembers :p

Hero Aca, Mob, Kabaneri, are over represented in their polls. Kiznaiver being in several categories is really baffling too.

No Haikyuu representation or game anime representation is very offensive. Why cant CR just stream anime?

Qurupeke

I mean Rem is obviously the best girl from that very limited list of candidates there. Or do you really think Mumei should win or that annoying Nico or that girl form MHA that no one remembers :p

I'd swear Rem is the most forgettable character on the list. ;)

zulux21

Please rig the voting so Rem doesn't win. Thanks in advance.

but rem is the only decent girl on the list?

both mumei and nico are horrid and ochako is completely forgettable in the anime.

though nico is far less horrid then mumei...
mumei belongs on a worst girl list, I don't think nico was quite so bad that she needs to be on that.

I'd swear Rem is the most forgettable character on the list. ;)

I get the joke, but alas I am willing to bet more than 90% of people who watched my hero academia won't even realize that gravity girl is named OCHAKO URAKAKA :p

she makes zero impact with in the anime (and I don't recall her making a huge impact in the manga either)

Frog girl deserves to be on the list far more (tsu I believe it was)... at least she has a following :p

Haly

Yeah i'm confused now as well.

casandra wrote:

I really, really love this idea, but it kind of sucks that I can't watch half of the nominees like My Hero Academy and Kabaneri.
This is a good point. Why is Crunchyroll presenting series they don't have?

Yeah i'm confused now as well.

I mean Crunchyroll will probably get MHA soon due to their Funi deal. But I think the main reason is becauses the judges weren't all crunchyroll people. And honestly, I think it's ok that this acts as more than just an ad for Crunchyroll even if popular vote is going to shit up some of the categories

Qurupeke

but rem is the only decent girl on the list?

both mumei and nico are horrid and ochako is completely forgettable in the anime.

though nico is far less horrid then mumei...
mumei belongs on a worst girl list, I don't think nico was quite so bad that she needs to be on that.

I don't really disagree that the list is bad, but Nico was great and she certainly has the most personality out of the four. Though I'd prefer to see Chidori instead of Nico, but Nico's probably more popular with the masses...

Joker Game for anime of the year?

That was popular?

I'm actually surprised there's no 91 Days but there's Joker Game...

Exalted

I tried to remember the names of some of the other girls from Kiznaiver apart from Nico, like the childhood friend, but i can't :( Nico is the only name i remember , probably because she mentions her own name every fucking single time she had a line.

zulux21

Sorry but Midoriya is not best boy material and annoying Ochako is not even the first person to come to mind for best girl in HeroAca.

she isn't even top 5 in MHA I think lol.

I am noticing the awards are lacking quite a bit of variety, and they really really want to pimp out attack on trains @_@

re:zero opening was way better than the attack on trains opening

and magical girl raising project had a way better ending than attack on trains

I mean I enjoyed my watch of attack on trains and look forward to season 2, but it shouldn't be in half the stuff it is.

I don't really disagree that the list is bad, but Nico was great and she certainly has the most personality out of the four. Though I'd prefer to see Chidori instead of Nico, but Nico's probably more popular with the masses...

nico was likely the best girl of the bit of the series that i bothered to get through (like 3 eps), which is impressive given I hate that character type... but best of a cast I complete hated where if there was a worst character list most of the cast of kiznaiver would be on it for me isn't saying much >.>

I tried to remember the names of some of the other girls from Kiznaiver apart from Nico, like the childhood friend, but i can't :( Nico is the only name i remember , probably because she mentions her own name every fucking single time she had a line.
No person named Nico has ever been a bad character.

Kansoku

AoTY: Mob
HotY: Mob or Deku
VotY: Tomura by elimination
Best Boy: Reigen
Best Girl: Nico or Uraraka
Fight Scene: Mob
Animation: Mob
Heartwarming: Erased, maybe Flying Witch
DotY: Rakugou
Couple: Erased is not a couple, Kiznaiver by elimination
Comedy: KEIJO IS SPORTS. Luluco by elimination
Action: Mob
Opening: Mob
Ending: Luluco

But yeah, not a lot of variety, lots of weird choices.

zulux21

I'm pretty sure MHA will be added on the 22nd for their last anime unboxing. I don't know for Kabaneri though.

kabaneri is most likely because crunchy owns home video rights to it.

no doubt it is in so much stuff because they are trying to promote it and get people interested in it.

overall quality aside, the show has tons of great clips and thus is easy to get people interested.

AoTY: Mob
HotY: Mob or Deku
VotY: Tomura by elimination
Best Boy: Reigen
Best Girl: Nico or Uraraka
Fight ceneS: Mob
Animation: Mob
Heartwarming: Erased, maybe Flying Witch
DotY: Rakugou
Couple: Erased is not a couple, Kiznaiver by elimination
Comedy: KEIJO IS SPORTS. Luluco by elimination
Action: Mob
Opening: Mob
Ending: Luluco

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just haven't watched Jojo yet

Haly

Best ending is yuri on ice it's not even a contest.

Second best is Mob.

Szadek

So far I though that this years wasn't too bad for anime, but Crunchyroll makes a pretty good case for the contrary.
I mean, Biba and that asshole from erased are nomiated for Villain of the year!!!

Wonder why they chose Deku vs Kacchan and not All Might vs Noumu for the best fight. Anyway it's still my favorite from that list, but still I'm curious on why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom