• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Sound! Euphonium S2 #12

They skipped the performance entirely? What a letdown.:| All the leading up to this point, and it feels kind of half-assed when the performance wasn't shown at all, not even some bits of it to focus on. Alot of the aftermath was still nicely done, but still, pretty disappointing.

C0TyB3zVQAEDvST.jpg

Crab with black hair is just wrong tho

Sölf

Keijo!!!!!!!! 12 END

I don't have to post any screens, others already did this. Man, I thought this show would be great, but I never expected it to be so damn good. It's just totally bonkers, parts of the final episode felt like I was watching some JoJo. xD
Seriously, this is probably my favorite show of the season. I will definitly miss this one. I hope we get a second season at some point. Meanwhile, I can read the manga. :D

It was a nice animation cut but the motivation for all this action is horrible and uninteresting and it's structured like the final level in a beat em up where you face stronger versions of the bosses you fought through the game. That isn't exciting for a television show.

Pretty much, all Flip Flap has going for it at this point is some pretty scenes and some decent fights. Sadly the anime decided to dump horrible characters, horrid story and horrid motivation all over this so we are left with nothing good....

Grexeno

I basically reached a point late this year where I couldn't be bothered to watch any anime outside of JoJo. It kind of goes in cycles for me.

It's not like the FlipFlap characters are abysmal, it's just there isn't much too them. Cocona has like zero agency, which wouldn't be too much of an issue had they not turned the show into a narrative

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay I finished Y(a)oI.

It wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.

Next season is duets.

Hype.

Quasar

Great Passage 11 - And so it ends, super consistent as always.

Glad it did not end on a funeral, but still a bit bitter sweet. Probably could have done without the printing infodump though.

And I guess interesting that they did not have a whole gone gold scene. I guess we got the printer scene for something close to that.

Keijo!!!!!!!! END

Best ass and titties show of the season. I'd say it was best ass and titties show of the year but HxH just can't be topped with how fucking far they took it.

Flip Flappers 12

My biggest complaint about this would only be how Cocona was a fucking dead fish for 99% of the episode and how the other side characters, i.e. Salt and crew, are totally irrelevant. The twins are ok I actually like the side story going on with them. Also that punch at the end felt lame af.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's not like the FlipFlap characters are abysmal, it's just there isn't much too them. Cocona has like zero agency, which wouldn't be too much of an issue had they not turned the show into a narrative

It is also sad because Flip Flappers had some of the most profound episodes this season, using the Pure Illusion to actually tackle subjects anime doesn't usually examine and handle them well was very refreshing.

Chindogg

Looks like Crunchyroll has their anime awards up.

Or should I say farce since basically this is gonna be a YoI lovefest given who's on the panel of voters.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.36
I can't believe I forgot to watch this last week!
That was an excellent battle and episode from start to finish. Shimeon was a beast being paired up with Rokuro and using his 12 Guardian talisman to take on that basara!

Things are getting serious out there.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Keijo!!!!!!!! END

Best ass and titties show of the season. I'd say it was best ass and titties show of the year but HxH just can't be topped with how fucking far they took it.

Wait, what? HxH doesn't mean Hunter x Hunter, does it?

If so that's quite a shift.

Just T

3-gatsu no Lion: 10

Nice episode, didn't go over the top too much. Thought him letting it all out for once made for a good scene.

Flip Flappers: 12

Some scenes in the episode looked pretty good but I really don't care for how the story has turned out, disappointed.

Thud

Okay winter season looks pretty meh and I have two weeks off starting tomorrow. Looking for some recommendations (anime or manga).

Here's my MAL for reference.

Some notes:
- no cats
- no drama
- no kirito

Quasar

Okay winter season looks pretty meh and I have two weeks off starting tomorrow. Looking for some recommendations (anime or manga).

Some notes:
- no cats
- no drama
- no kirito

- Rakugo
- Barakamon, Non Non Biyori, Flying Witch, Sweetness and Lightning, Poco's Udon World (theres a trend there).

Admittedly Flying Witch does have a cat.

- Rakugo
- Barakamon, Non Non Biyori, Flying Witch, Sweetness and Light, Poco's Udon World (theres a trend there).

There's more than 1 cat in Flying Witch.

Oh, and there's some cats in Non Non Biyori in a few episodes as well ;p

Some notes:
- no cats
- no drama
- no kirito

Grand Blue for Manga, we on Mangagaf are still unsure if the manga is about Diving or getting drunk/full frontal male nudity (these two go hand and hand).

Thud

- Rakugo
- Barakamon, Non Non Biyori, Flying Witch, Sweetness and Light, Poco's Udon World (theres a trend there).

The cat thing is a joke. Just no weird hybrid furries like catgirls or so.

I'll look into those recs, thanks.

Grand Blue for Manga, we on Mangagaf are still unsure if the manga is about Diving or getting drunk/full frontal male nudity (these two go hand and hand).

You have my interest sir.

John Blade

Look like I got my 1st digital Vita game which is on sale. Muramasa Rebirth. Look like I will play this game for a while. Hope it's worth the 10 dollars it cost here.

AKB0048 Next Stage 13 (End)

The premise was ridiculous, most of the characters were one-note, the CG animation was only alright, and the worship over the real AKB48 was silly. Still had a ton of fun.

CDiggity

Flip Flap 12

Sure this looks great, but it has been really hard to invest in this. Maybe the finale will do something super amazing/insane or at least memorable in a trainwreck sort of way to overcome my apathy, but I doubt it.

Keijo!!!!!!!! 12 END

Yeah, that was a pretty standard ending, and a fair amount of the animation was rough as hell but once again it was made amusing in other ways because of course we needed things like a butt vice and a super robot reference.

This show was really dumb, like really dumb, but it was entertaining and memorable. It helps that the characters are likable and the moves are hilariously insane. They took a standard shonen sports anime, painted it with a ludicrous gimmick and managed to keep the gimmick going for twelve episodes without it getting stale. It's more than what I can say about a lot of other shows.

I actually will kind of miss it, but hey I guess there is the manga because I am curious as to how/if they will escalate things even further, especially given that a season 2 is extremely unlikely.

The Great Passage 11 END

This hit me a lot harder than I was expecting. The scene where Majime got the phone call was really well done; the use of silence and meaningful editing was powerful. Wow.

Overall, a strong wrapping up of the themes of the series. Matsumoto's speech on the benefit of having dictionaries privately funded instead of government funded - "words must be free" - presented a new dynamic for dictionaries that I hadn't considered before. And then Majime's talk with Araki and the closing letter colored the whole work with a particularly intimate, human touch. An excellent show that will stick with me.

Trickster Episode 8 EngDub

Kobayashi sounding all desperate and disappointed when Kensuke runs off after the roof sad.

But favorite dub part was Kobayashi and Inoue having a back and forth after letting Kensuke get away. Love seeing Inoue struggling to deal with Kobayashi.

Talents

Banned
God dammit. Just watched Your Name/Kimi no Na wa and I really really enjoyed it... up until the
5 years later time skip and how they forgot each other again then the movie cuts just before they acknowledge each other
. Legit took the movie from a really really good movie to really trash.

Kvik

Happy holidays AnimeGAF.

I have 3x Crunchy guest passes to give away. Quote to reveal.

Crunchy Premium+ Guest Pass 1 - Expires Dec 29, 2016
Crunchy Premium+ Guest Pass 2 - Expires Jan 28, 2017
Crunchy Premium+ Guest Pass 3 - Expires Feb 27, 2017

Go and watch Kaiju Girls or Miss Bernard Said, or something.

duckroll

Legend of Nishioka the Great - Episode 11 (End)

That was a decent ending. Wish they spent more time on the main character though, he clearly had the most interesting story. Not sure why they wasted all that time on side characters like Majime and that girl from Shirobako when their stories went nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom