• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy

Banned
Kamisama Hajimemashita 7

Nanami realized her love for Tomoe pretty fast didn't she? Also that definitely wasn't a 100% rejection by Tomoe.

Yuri on Ice 12

This ending did feel a little rushed, but it was still enjoyable. Yurio got the best performance and imo was a better character then the MC duo. While YOI wasn't anything special, it was still an overall enjoyable experience.

If there is a Yuri on Ice season 2, it better be about duo skating. I wanna see a Yuri/Yurio combo just like in the OP.

---------------------------

8 hours in FFXV and so far this is freaking amazing!

Kuromukuro 9 (Rewatch)

zRTP8zU.jpg

A powerful example of how the Internet and social media warps minds.

duckroll

The Great Passage aka Kai-chan - Episode 10

Finally the eyecatch gag and the actual show's narrative have fused into one and the same. Hope the final episode is told from the perspective of Kai-chan as he finds success as a stupid ass merchandising mascot.

I can't believe it has been 13 years and Majime doesn't have a kid. Is he firing blanks?

I really hated the flashbacks used in this episode to show Majime's comparison of "then" and "now" because again it reminds me how shallow and lazy the time skip was. By presenting it the way they did, it suggests that the only worthwhile memories Majime had of the past were of the few months or so depicted in the earlier part of the series. It's really insulting to the concept of a decade long work. Why not show a more gradual and meaningful series of memories over the years? Were the 13 years they skipped literally worthless and devoid of any importance in their work or lives? What a disgrace in narrative direction. *vomit*

Narag

I love how everyone is up in arms because two gay guys didn't kiss or whatever, but no one cares that the Dictionary show skipped 3 seasons between episodes randomly just because. AnimeGAF has amazing standards. Always thinking of the important things.

It's true. It's why Miss Bernard said. is so popular here.

Am I really the only person with the achievement for a sub-5 mean score?

Nope, 4.44 here. Will probably go through my list to see if there are any series overall I was to harsh on (or to nice with) and adjust some scores after this season ends. But the biggest shift I can see this adjustment causing is up to 4.5...

Jex

I think they both respect/rely on her too much for that.

Also Crunchyroll got Giant Gorg. Expand that back catalogue.

Cool. Now everyone can join me in recognising that it's not actually a very good series and was only hyped up by the unreliable denizens of /m/.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. With the MAL talk, was going to make athe usual Hummingbird joke, only to find it's now called Kitsu. Goes to show how often I sign into my account…

EDIT: Wait, they got rid of happy face rating system!? That was the best part of the site!

Ascheroth

Wait for To Be Hero, (finale spoiler)
was Ossan actually going to clubs/sleeping around or was he being paid to be a host?

This rabbit hole...

Edit: Oh shit apparently the To Be Hero broadcast version was incomplete for Japanese audiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeXv2UGR3ig

This is the Chinese version and there are some scenes at the end that help with the transition.

AOTS

2nd Edit: Wow at that OST. Wow. We got gimped.

Oh shit, if we consider what Yamada said about
him working 8 part-time jobs, then I'm inclined to believe it's the latter.

And damn, that chinese version was indeed better. It's way better without the phoned-in multiverse joke the japanese version has. And yeah, dat OST :O
Now I feel kind of let down.

Man, I'm so close to rewatching the whole thing because this ending changed the context of probably nearly every scene.

The Great Passage aka Kai-chan - Episode 10

Finally the eyecatch gag and the actual show's narrative have fused into one and the same. Hope the final episode is told from the perspective of Kai-chan as he finds success as a stupid ass merchandising mascot.

I can't believe it has been 13 years and Majime doesn't have a kid. Is he firing blanks?

I really hated the flashbacks used in this episode to show Majime's comparison of "then" and "now" because again it reminds me how shallow and lazy the time skip was. By presenting it the way they did, it suggests that the only worthwhile memories Majime had of the past were of the few months or so depicted in the earlier part of the series. It's really insulting to the concept of a decade long work. Why not show a more gradual and meaningful series of memories over the years? Were the 13 years they skipped literally worthless and devoid of any importance in their work or lives? What a disgrace in narrative direction. *vomit*

Majime is too pure for sex!

But yeh it's disappointing that there seemingly hasn't happened that much in 14 years, dictionary progress aside. Majime even got a similar cat again! It feels like there could be done more, at least with scenes involving Kaguya. For instance they could hint at why they don't have any kids (both too busy I assume?).

Also, I wonder if Nishioka married Miyoshi or someone else. And does he have kids? Argh, gimme all that Nishioka info!

Wow. With the MAL talk, was going to make athe usual Hummingbird joke, only to find it's now called Kitsu. Goes to show how often I sign into my account…

EDIT: Wait, they got rid of happy face rating system!? That was the best part of the site!

They should have your avatar in a rating system.

Brave Witches 11

It was nice to see the regular army actually play an effective role in battle rather than just kinda being there as cannon fodder. I see where Hikari gets her badass from, their whole family has pure badass running in their veins. Takami: "The cannon is broken? LET'S JUST PICK UP THE GIANT BULLET AND THROW IT AT IT."

Qurupeke

Flip Flappers 12
8mLeK8g.jpg

"Don't talk to me or my daugther ever again."
Not really story heavy, but I'm barely sure what happened. Best girl transformed though. Also, animation was SICK. Probably the series' best episode on that aspect.

Clov

I wonder if I should make a MAL account again? I think there's a script that can help transfer my Hummingbird list over. It seems more people use MAL over here these days.

Whether MAL has all the Pripara related anime is going to be the deciding factor.

/XX/

How can you make the magnificent car chase scene on Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro (by Kazuhide Tomonaga & Co.) even better? With a '4D' cinema:

ホントにクラリス救出気分!? 1月上映、動くシートの「ルパン三世 カリオストロの城」MX4Dを体験 - AV Watch
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1036311.html

As expected, it seems like the highlight of the presentation! If those seats can simulate even a fraction of the crazy movement on display in those film's cuts it must be so cool.

Araragi's abs are now the new golden standard for manservice.
Although they were ashamed at first to have created such golden standard... ;-D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Number one on my "why did I finish this show" list.

When I was looking back at what I watched this year I realised I watched a lot of garbage like that and Big Order.

No wonder I've dwindled down to just four shows this season.

I think I'm going to go back to how I used to watch shows. Being lttp on everything.

How can you make the magnificent car chase scene on Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro (by Kazuhide Tomonaga & Co.) even better? With a '4D' cinema:

ホントにクラリス救出気分!? 1月上映、動くシートの「ルパン三世 カリオストロの城」MX4Dを体験 - AV Watch
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1036311.html

As expected, it seems like the highlight of the presentation! If those seats can simulate even a fraction of the crazy movement on display in those film's cuts it must be so cool.

Although they were ashamed at first to have created such golden standard... ;-D

The world wasn't ready for Araragi's perfect body.

BluWacky

I don't get it, is there something unusual about the video gamey premise?

Child experimentation/torture, it seems.

The 4chan thread seems to be making it out to be absolutely horrific and grim dark. I suppose I am jaded, but none of what is shown in the scans people are posting seems that bad; Indiana Jones, for instance, is a hugely popular family friendly adventure franchise that also features flesh melting and hearts being ripped out of people's chests, so I'm not that concerned.

One comment made me smile about how few "light adventure" anime get made these days, saying that it wasn't since Last Exile they'd seen such a thing. Leaving aside that Last Exile got a sequel that was almost universally ignored, that's not exactly how I remember Last Exile playing out...

Naruto Shippuden: Season 17 Episode 487 – Naruto Shippuden, Sasuke’s Story: Sunrise, Part 4: The Ketsuryugan

Could have had more Sasuke, but once again the ninja world treats those who can help others badly once they leave :( Sad backstory.

Shergal

Child experimentation/torture, it seems.

The 4chan thread seems to be making it out to be absolutely horrific and grim dark. I suppose I am jaded, but none of what is shown in the scans people are posting seems that bad; Indiana Jones, for instance, is a hugely popular family friendly adventure franchise that also features flesh melting and hearts being ripped out of people's chests, so I'm not that concerned.

One comment made me smile about how few "light adventure" anime get made these days, saying that it wasn't since Last Exile they'd seen such a thing. Leaving aside that Last Exile got a sequel that was almost universally ignored, that's not exactly how I remember Last Exile playing out...
From what I could glean, the 'dark' and gross part of the plot is
There's an underground cult that captures little kids, rips all their limbs off and stuffs them inside a backpack-sized cartridge that they use while travelling the abyss in order to circumvent some sort of 'curse' that is basically mutated decompression sickness
; the manga seems to revel in depicting some of this stuff in all its gory detail, which is.. er.. questionable, and I'm not sure how it will translate to a TV broadcast.

I also feel like cheesy 80s effects somehow have a lesser impact for this kind of stuff than drawings which retain the same 'tier' of reality as the rest of the content, but that might just be me

Cornbread78

Just thinking about this past year, what have some of your favorite moments been? Post an image or gif (400x225 preferably) of one of them (non story spoilers please)

Mine:(Qualidea ep.5)
http://i.imgur.com/rZ9HR4n.gif[img][/spoiler]

Ultimate "WTF just happened" moment, lol

Just thinking about this past year, what have some of your favorite moments been? Post an image or gif (400x225 preferably) of one of them (non story spoilers please)

Mine:
http://i.imgur.com/rZ9HR4n.gif[/ig]
Ultimate "WTF just happened" moment, lol[/QUOTE]

Says non story spoilers, shows gif of a massive story spoiler/episode cliffhanger :(

Mine:

Ultimate "WTF just happened" moment, lol

The only worthwhile part of that show. And this would be my favorite I think.

Ajin-Episode-13-Gif-1.gif

Anyway, my wife and I I think finally settled on our Anime of the Year picks, baring any final episode surprises next week.

Winter:

Showa Genroku - Best
Konosuba and Ajin - Runner Ups
Spring:
My Hero Academia - Best
Kabaneri and Luluco - Runner Ups (We kinda felt Spring was lacking)
Summer:
Kuromukuro - Best
ReLIFE and Mob Psycho 100 - Runner Ups
Fall:
Yuri on Ice!!! - Best
Saiki K and Girlish Number - Runner Ups

Best of the Year: Showa Genroku
Best Short of the Year: To Be Hero
My Personal Pick of the Year: Keijo
Wife's Personal Pick of the Year: Erased

Status
Not open for further replies.