• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
C0U1tGVUQAAsWFR.jpg:large
The authors of Konosuba and Re:Zero are releasing a collaboration/crossover book
https://twitter.com/MF_bunkoJ?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Jarmel

Banned
They really don't look CGI to me. Not that I would complain about 3D (Akito/MJP/Fafner Exodus all ruled in that regard).
The shot of the Lancelot opening its wings and falling backwards does to me. The model movements in particular stand out for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
After just mainlining Code Ge-ass for the first time in nearly a decade I'm really curious to see how they top the already insane reboot that was season 2 and run back the incredibly bo-nan-nas ending that the second season had.

JCG

The shot of the Lancelot opening its wings and falling backwards does to me. The model movements in particular stand out for me.

I wouldn't agree there either. If anything, it shows the difference between high quality 2D (that scene) vs. high quality 3D (Akito).

But the book will only be closed on this issue after a proper version of the PV comes out...which apparently won't happen until Spring 2017.

After just mainlining Code Ge-ass for the first time in nearly a decade I'm really curious to see how they top the already insane reboot that was season 2 and run back the incredibly bo-nan-nas ending that the second season had.

Based on the PV contents and title, this sequel doesn't look like a reboot at all (and early S2 was less of a reboot than a remix, to be honest).

Even the end of the 2nd season didn't mean the world would be forever at peace. It never gave me that impression then and still doesn't now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Not bizarre enough by half. Watch the last episode of season 1/first episode of season 2 again sometime. That is quite the comeback. Aliens can't match that, and that's not even getting into the bizarre shit that goes down at the end of the season. Yeah, it's in a world where mass memory/time manipulation is possible. Yeah, they could even do an alternate dimension in this case. But I expect something truly wonderful with their BS explanation.

Lain

Bloodivores 1-12

This gets my worst show of the season (I watched) award. Bad animations, bad acting, bad characters, bad plot, bad pacing, bad story progression and to top it all off, it ends with a non end to at least close off some of the plot shown thus far?

JCG

Not bizarre enough by half. Watch the last episode of season 1/first episode of season 2 again sometime. That is quite the comeback. Aliens can't match that, and that's not even getting into the bizarre shit that goes down at the end of the season. Yeah, it's in a world where mass memory/time manipulation is possible. Yeah, they could even do an alternate dimension in this case. But I expect something truly wonderful with their BS explanation.

Whatever craziness they come up with may or may not match your fancy...but it's still worth mentioning that they just got rid of the "new" time slot used by the second season, which is what led to an otherwise inexplicable bait-and-switch with the cliffhanger. They're even making proper recap movies of the TV series next year, to bring in new audiences and so on, so that sort of S1-R2 shift probably won't be necessary again.

EDIT:
I notice something

Why Suzaki stop being Zero? I thought Lelouch geassed into become Zero forever

Nah, that was mostly rhetoric. The masked figure running and jumping along the factory area at the start is way too agile to be Lelouch. Suzaku does wear another outfit towards the end of the PV, but that might be related to the accident/explosion they showed there.

One thing I hadn't actually thought about until I saw that PV was whether or not they would try and scale back on Knightmare Frames, in terms of upgrades. They pretty much evolved from skating bipedal tanks to flying death machines that shoot beams from its wings. Where to go from there?

Aura Battler Dunbine 1

So a dude gets summoned to a fantasy world alongside two others, and pretty much blackmailed into piloting bug-themed mecha in order to conquer a nation before they're allowed to go home. The world itself is a bit interesting in that other people who were summoned previously created all the fantasy-tech that exists, but everything else felt rushed with tons of names and terminology just thrown out.

The Great Please - 11

What a beautiful letter. Got me a bit teary eyed even.

A show I'll remember for sure. I suppose it'll struggle with Mob Psycho 100 for my AotY 2nd place with Rakugo still clearly at the helm.

Thud

Nanomachines.

Rainy

Banned
Kamisama Hajimemashita 13 (END)

This was a cute shoujo that I didn't think I would enjoy so much. Onto season 2 tomorrow.

Szadek

One thing I hadn't actually thought about until I saw that PV was whether or not they would try and scale back on Knightmare Frames, in terms of upgrades. They pretty much evolved from skating bipedal tanks to flying death machines that shoot beams from its wings. Where to go from there?
Space?

gargles

Flip Flappers - 12

I'll have to rewatch this one later next year. It looks amazing, the battle scenes left me satisfied and they've tackled some interesting subjects (Episode 6 was great). But despite those strong points and all the praise I've read about this show, I can't decide if this is indeed great or just good. There's something that's leaving me disconnected from the story and from the characters (Mimi, Salt...). It's disappointing. Luckily, there's just one episode to go. Probably won't change my opinion (closer to "good"), though.

Taruranto

The whole R2 was just a dream of comatose Lelouch.

Moaradin

Flip Flappers - 12

This shit is stupid and makes no sense. Nice animation though.

TO BE HERO 12

This was probably the most surprising show this season. It was a lot better than it had any right to be. Watched the Chinese version right after, and yeah, that was a lot better.

Flip Flappers - 12

This shit is stupid and makes no sense. Nice animation though.

TO BE HERO 12

This was probably the most surprising show this season. It was a lot better than it had any right to be. Watched the Chinese version right after, and yeah, that was a lot better.

Did someone translate the Chinese version?

Bloodivores 1-12

This gets my worst show of the season (I watched) award. Bad animations, bad acting, bad characters, bad plot, bad pacing, bad story progression and to top it all off, it ends with a non end to at least close off some of the plot shown thus far?

I cant stop replaying the ED song.

I think the ending to the anime helps to make people want to check out the comic.

I also wonder if this is getting a bonus episode in the disc release.

JulianImp

For the people who asked for a Monogatari Magical girls spin-off!

Thats part of the magical girl video they had on display for the Madogatari expo. It was a fun watch with how it explained stuff such as Hachikuji getting drills so she could plow though obstacles to find her way, but it was still kind of meh for me. I'm fairly sure Shinobu was in there as well.

Paltheos

... what exactly is accomplished by bringing Lelouch back though? His character arc is done. Maybe not as the main character? That then would leave allot of questions as to why he's here though and what he's supposed to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom