• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we just talking about just shows that aired this year? In that case, it'd have to be All Might's shining moment in MHA episode 12, and the crazy magical girl sakuga in Flip Flappers episode 3.

Otherwise, from the shows I've watched this year it'd be:

Shougo's speech in the last episode of Majin Bone. The last time I remember hearing words so genuine and resonating from an anime MC would probably have to be from Simon during the climax of Gurren Lagann.

I really, really, really don't want to spoil Majin Bone and go into specifics of what this speech was about, so I'll just say this: You know those really serious character moments where all is quiet and it's just two characters talking, and the particular moment in question is a moment where quite literally everything the show was building up to matters? It's like that.

Please watch Majin Bone.

Jarmel

Banned
C0RQKAgUsAANUtq.jpg:large
Director: Tsuyoshi Nagasawa
Script Comp: Kenji Sugihara
Art Director: Masatoshi Kai
Production Studio: Xebec
Broadcast Date: Spring 2017

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ime-reveals-staff-cast-april-premiere/.110238

I was sort of expecting Bones for this. Oh well.

Koro Sensei Quest! Episode 1 – The E Class and the Big Bad

C0S5FvkXgAErSfd.jpg:small
C0S7JhRXgAE6JX6.jpg:small

Wow they still kept Maehara and Isogai together and still kept Isogai poor :(

Assassination Classroom world works good in the magical school world, its awesome and hilarious. I also like the middle episode scenes, Gakuho Asano reading letters needs to continue each episode.

ED theme was fantastic. I need the full version.

Quasar

I wonder if I should make a MAL account again? I think there's a script that can help transfer my Hummingbird list over. It seems more people use MAL over here these days.

Whether MAL has all the Pripara related anime is going to be the deciding factor.

You know I'm finding myself using the rebooted hummingbird much more now, even in its beta. I think because it's re-implemented some of its main features more.

Syrinx

Aikatsu! Stars 37

So ends the world's dumbest subplot. At least I hope.

What bothers me so much about how they handled this "power" shit that was stupid to begin with is how instead of telling Yume to not be overly dependent on her natural talent or else she'd never be as great as she wanted to be, they told her not to depend on her natural talent at all. or else she'd be kicked out of school because that makes sense. The show is basically celebrating her overcoming her own natural talent. What the fuck even is that?

Majime is too pure for sex!

But yeh it's disappointing that there seemingly hasn't happened that much in 14 years, dictionary progress aside. Majime even got a similar cat again! It feels like there could be done more, at least with scenes involving Kaguya. For instance they could hint at why they don't have any kids (both too busy I assume?).

Kaguya ended up taking over ownership of the restaurant she had started out as an assistant chef at, so I assume she's busy with that and Majime is busy with being the leader (and practically sole member) of the dictionary editorial team for 13 years. They both seem pretty committed to their jobs, so it's understandable why they wouldn't have children.

Also, I wonder if Nishioka married Miyoshi or someone else. And does he have kids? Argh, gimme all that Nishioka info!

Episode 11 just came out, and you are in luck!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just inject vampire blood right into my veins.

/XX/

Well, well... the next number of ANIMESTYLE Magazine releases December, 27 (http://animestyle.jp/news/2016/12/22/10873/) featuring an exclusive interview with Mr. Kameda and production materials from Mob Psycho 100, among other things. Problem is this being so close to C91 my wallet is going to be hurting for months. Between this and the art-book about Tadashi Hiramatsu it feels like Yūichirō "animesama" Oguro wants me to suffer for sure!

And I'd want Noha's translations of these features to be a regular thing too, please! :-D

I admit, it better for me if it's not crazy and hectic and I can say more at this pace, haha
Yep, definitely better. I somewhat miss those times, though. :'-)

Exalted

Keijo!!!!!! END

This was a fitting finale for such a crazy show. Didn't think before the start that i will enjoy this show so much, it was really fun. Those crazy super attacks really made the show.

Flip Flap Flop 12

C0Tcy2QUQAAFdfA.jpg

yeah same

The show looks great but man I don't give a shit about any of this unearned drama. Its not compelling to watch Cocona sit and stare blankly into space for 90% of the episode either, and then to just beat the last boss in one punch.

Jex

[Flip Flappers] - 12

I can't believe it gets worse every single week.

I can't believe how boring this episode was.

I can't believe this show has the gall to run for 13 episodes.

Szadek

Flip Flap Flop 12

The show looks great but man I don't give a shit about any of this unearned drama. Its not compelling to watch Cocona sit and stare blankly into space for 90% of the episode either, and then to just beat the last boss in one punch.
Well, hopefuly Mimi is the final boss, so that scene was just to show that they now have a chance against her.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Flip Flappers Episode 12:

Earned or not at least one show this season stepped up to do a love confession. Anyway, it is just downright depressing how typical this show has gotten, in video game terms this would that one boss you fight through a whole bunch of remixed landscapes.

Kuromukuro 11 (Rewatch)

This episode is so good, nailing the tension in Fusnarie's attack and the warmth in the subsequent quiet time between Yukina and Kennosuke. I'm really looking forward to finally watching the back half of the show, so I can find out
what's going on behind Fusnarie's claims that Kennosuke has had his memories altered

Sterok

Flip Flappers 12

We've got Yayaka confessing her love for Cocona, Papika loving her best friend's daughter in a creepy way, and Cocona now responding to them because? I still don't see any reason for her to care about them. Lots of pretty stuff happening that I don't care about, and so much time dedicated to side characters I care even less about. I'll give the twins a pass, but the others should have been exorcised from the show. They never contributed anything. Time for one of the most obvious disappointments to come to a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom