• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Thats part of the magical girl video they had on display for the Madogatari expo. It was a fun watch with how it explained stuff such as Hachikuji getting drills so she could plow though obstacles to find her way, but it was still kind of meh for me. I'm fairly sure Shinobu was in there as well.

Shinobu is everywhere, so I'd be shocked if she wasn't on a magical girl spin off thing.

JulianImp

Shinobu is everywhere, so I'd be shocked if she wasn't on a magical girl spin off thing.

Yeah, she was there with some kind of ninja vampire attire, which is the reason why I made that remark about her picture being missing.

She got chosen as Miss Madogatari after all.

On a random note, I love that her Japanese name (忍) is literally a heart (心) under a blade (刃).

The new Crunchyroll Apple TV update from a few weeks ago is absolutely garbage. Terrible UX and usability. The original design wasn't sexy but it wasnt a pain in the ass to find or resume shows.

Exalted

Looks like there might be another season of Drifters?
Don't know yet if i consider this good news or bad. :s On one side the story has just started to advance and get somewhat interesting in Drifters, while on the other side i was kinda struggling with the series , and just wanted to finish it and move on.

A/Z got good Christmas art
C0YB-gOXUAARzZz.jpg:small

phaze

Drifters 12

That was a thing.

Of which I watched 12 whole episodes.

In the past, I'd say that alone, means something but maybe it's time to face the truth. It doesn't.

-----

It surprises me how little they spend on explaining the historical backgrounds of characters. Hijikata in this episode basically gets none. Without some knowledge of Japanese history or a quick wiki look you're condemned to not having a clue what his whole beef with Shimazu clan was.

Also this episode was loaded with a quality and little of actually decent animation. And the latter has been the case for the most of the season. For a show that's all about big battles and historical people beating the brains out of each other, that's just not good enough.

Also lol, Toyohisa got a bucket of forks and stuff unloaded into his back and doesn't even flinch. That's some hardcore plot armor.

Bad show, don't watch it.

New? I remember how upset people were with the Blade of the Immortal anime.

Hot? I don't see an atypically high number of ugly manga adaptations coming in 2017.

Next season alone has two series which got massive negative flack for their anime character designs.

I'm not talking about anime designs getting streamlined for animations.

Puruzi

Banned
God the anime is not going to do the manga's artstyle ANY fucking justice but I'll watch it anyway.

Not to mention the manga is raunchy as FUCK so I expect many light beams and fog advisories.

yep. we can only hope that the fights will look good.

in the chapter where they were talking about it getting an anime there were jokes about everything being covered by beams

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 39 FIN

Comedic bit at the end with the picture was such perfect comic timing after all the intensity of the preceding eps. I'd forgotten the show could be that way.

Show ended as it began with the slick transitions and top tier production values. Definitely the best animated project to come out of the franchise so far and this is coming from someone that can watch the og ovas all day.

Qurupeke

Diamond is Unbreakable [END]

This finale was even more bizarre than I remembered. And I kind of feel bad for Kira.

Anyway, the adaptation had some disappointments around the middle episodes, but overall it was good. They did justice to the final battle and the main antagonist.

Part 5 when.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Diamond is Unbreakable END

Beautiful. Perhaps the most beautiful JoJo episode of all time. Not afraid to admit I teared up at the end with Great Days started to play. This is the complete opposite of The World from Part 3 where it ended weak, this ended as strong as it possibly could have. Its spectacular that not only was DiU able to recover from its 3-4 episode drop in quality around Highway Star/RPS Kid, it was able to come back stronger then ever and deliver a fantastic finale. They could've done a better job at showing Kira choose to dive under the ambulance to deny them the satisfaction of the kill, which is how I always say that final scene, but thats a minor personal nitpick.

Diamond is Unbreakable is a definite AOTY contender, and in a year without Rakugo or Mob Psycho 100 the lock for #1. For me the finale episodes made up for the slip in quality and I can firmly give this a 10/10. JoJo is my favorite manga of all time and Part 4 my second favorite part, but aside from Part 1 I can say DP has finally been able to handily surpass the manga. Things look bright for Part 5 and onward. Diamond is Unbreakable can be comfortable with being one of the greatest battle shonen adaptations of all time.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 39:

Yea, this was a much better ending then what wrapped up Part 3 but then again this season has been generally on a whole new level of the series. Not just talking about the source material but Jojo has never looked better in anime form, for the most part, this season had rough edges but yes this is going to be on my AOTY list.

Qurupeke

Yuri on Ice [END]

So, how many seasons have the fujoshis managed to fund? I'm pretty sure a S2 is coming in a year or two...

The series was certainly entertaining, I can't really say otherwise. I liked the (unfortunately, very repetitive) ice skating performances and the characters were generally fun, though most of them were caricatures with little to no development. I expected this to be a quality show, which it didn't manage to be, but at least it delivered in other ways.

Anyway, how the hell JJ managed to be 3rd? Does technical difficulty give that many points? I was sure Otabek or Pitchit would get the bronze.

Eumi

Perfect. I don't really know what else to say. I guess I'm most glad that DIU has now entered mainstream consciousness.

No part 5 tease was odd though. Like, even part 3 had the crew flying back to Japan.

Jarmel

Banned
JoJo- DiU End

I actually didn't like this episode that much. That's mostly due to how flat the sound direction was in the first half. Not to mention how sloppy this entire final fight was in terms of events happening because they needed to happen for plot reasons. For example
how the fuck did the group just let a woman stroll up to Kira like that knowing his ability?

MetroidPrimeRib said:
They could've done a better job at showing Kira choose to dive under the ambulance to deny them the satisfaction of the kill, which is how I always say that final scene, but thats a minor personal nitpick.

Wait wat? They did a piss poor job of showing that then.

Pokemon Sun and Moon 08

where lusamine

Wait wat? They did a piss poor job of showing that then.

Not an official thing at all, but its how I interpreted the scene since it almost looks like he is crawling to the ambulance's path

Looking at the manga now, its not even close to that, really. Its just the first time I read it, it was the idea that stuck in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom