• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Is Wick Cross S1 and S2 worth it?

Wixoss? It's enjoyable if you like Okada's despair and drama writing.

Stella no Mahou 1

Cute girls in a club making a doujin game. It's not funny, and I'm skeptical on how far they'll really delve into making a game (though they do go a little into it), so I doubt this will be worth following.

Cornbread78

Indeed, instead of a mascot you clearly have the makings of a tyrant as you respond to lack of support with violent imagery.

Kiritobread is a violent ruffian, alright.
No Little Busters still. This 1st week has been too chaotic for me to watch anything at all, even when Crunchyroll secretly put removed shows back into their library, lol

Bullies, all of you!

SHtsurp.gif

duckroll

The synopsis sounds... standard, but there's some good talent attached at least.

Yeah I dunno, hope it's cool

The french announcement on Crunchyroll has a full staff list: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ll-annonce-la-production-de-children-of-ether

STAFF
Auteur, réalisateur : LeSean Thomas (Cannon Busters)
Character Designer : Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko & Hatchin, Space Dandy)
Storyboard : Shingo Natsume (One Punch Man, Space Dandy)
Assistant-réalisateur : Jin Tamamura (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
Directeur de l'animation : Yûichi Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds, Macross Frontier)
Animateurs Seniors : Yûichi Takahashi, Mitsuo Iso (Dennô Coil), Atsushi Tamura (Le Royaume des Chats, Gundam Reconguista in G), Antoine Antin (Space Dandy), Jamie Vickers (Black Lagoon)
Animateurs : Cedric Herole (Lupin III – Fujiko Mine), Alexandre Ulmann (Wakfu), Eddie Mehong (Lupin III – Fujiko Mine, Space Dandy), Yann Le Gall
Animateurs Juniors : Etienne Guignard, Myriam Fourati
Animateur 3D : Jean-Louis Vandestoc
Conception des décors : Benoit Maillochon
Direction artistique : Saina Cisse (Galilei Donna, Fate/kaleid liner)
Layout : Yann Le Gall (Basquash! Bodacious Space Pirates, AKB0048)
Chef coloriste : Azusa Sasaki (Sword Art Online, Mushishi)
Studio d'animation : Yapiko Animation
Producteurs : Jean-Louis Vandestoc, Eddie Mehong
Directeurs de production : Severine Varlette, Tomoko Kumada, Airi Takekawa
Studio (intervalles et mise en couleur) : Studio Graphinika
Studio (compositing) : Ph Studio
Traducteurs : Tomoko Kumada, Yayoi Dreisker
Design du concept original : Ronald Wimberly
Musiques originales composées et interprétées par : Mr Hudson
Teleplay : Nicholas Thurkettle
Développement additionnel : Brandon Easton

Gvitor

Hypekyuu 01

God this was so fucking good. Obviously just a setup episode, but all be damned if I wasn't shivering with hype the whole way through. OST was perfection and I don't remember the introduction to the players in the manga, that was also pretty hype.

OP is fantastic, the OP song itself can become quite annoying though. The intro part, before the logo shows up, it's perfect. It builds to something. Then the song kind of falls apart by the amount of ヒカリアレ.

Other than that everything was better than I expected, and I expected greatness. This is the match, guys. It's going to be epic.

10/10 AOTY

Ascheroth

Drifters #1

Yeah, not particularly impressive. The action was alright and it certainly had gallons of blood, but outside of that it's pretty underwhelming. Premise is pretty generic so far and the comedy was a complete miss.
Might give it another episode maybe.

JoJo #28

One of the best episodes so far. So hyped for next week.
Highway Star is amazing.

Haikyuu!! S3 #1

This show. This fucking show. It's way too good.
This match is going to be the hypest of hype.

B.O.O.M

OMG didn't know they were making a Drifters anime!!!! Holy shit. Don't think I've been this hyped for an anime in a long time. First episode was absolutely gorgeous

BluWacky

Flip Flappers 1

There's not much iI can say that hasn't already been said; there's some great use of colour, the music is appropriately quirky, the animation and world design are excellent for a first episode, and it offers a suitably swift introduction to our central characters with some juicy undertones (while the Shady Organisation isn't of much interest to me, the pulsating brain inside Bu-Chan certainly was...)

With that said, and this is probably a consequence of me not watching so much anime these days, but did we really need the quasi-molestation from Bu-Chan? Or the somewhat tediously teasing shots framed like almost kissing? I'm willing to accept Papika's infantile characterisation as a byproduct of both being in an anime and her clearly being somewhat alien in nature, but normally this sort of stuff is saved for characters who are at least in high school...

jgminto

Diamond is Unbreakable 28
Highway Star, arguably one of the greatest shounen fights ever put to page is getting animated, what a time to be alive.

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru 1
Did I do this right? I've never participated in AnimeGAF before. 😳
More or less, I'd recommend more sarcasm and criticism of others' favourite anime but that will come in time.

Taruranto

All Out with Man-asses#1

0.02 seconds in. Impressive!

Yeah, not feeling this one. I'll stick with Lesbians on Ice and Haikyuu. It even has a short main character too!

Still need to check Drifters and... Nanbaka? It's not the kind of show I usually follow, but I usually rather like Takamatsu comedies.

Man, this is a busy season.

Flip Flappers 1

There's not much iI can say that hasn't already been said; there's some great use of colour, the music is appropriately quirky, the animation and world design are excellent for a first episode, and it offers a suitably swift introduction to our central characters with some juicy undertones (while the Shady Organisation isn't of much interest to me, the pulsating brain inside Bu-Chan certainly was...)

With that said, and this is probably a consequence of me not watching so much anime these days, but did we really need the quasi-molestation from Bu-Chan? Or the somewhat tediously teasing shots framed like almost kissing? I'm willing to accept Papika's infantile characterisation as a byproduct of both being in an anime and her clearly being somewhat alien in nature, but normally this sort of stuff is saved for characters who are at least in high school...

Not to say I don't share a similar hesitance with your qualms, the language they were using in the school segments sounded like they are the equivalent of high schoolers. Cocona's ennui over where she wants to go in life, whether its her career or what college was present early on. This looked like a case similar to Kiniro Mosaic where the designs don't quite match their ages.

turmoil

Banned
Keijo!!!!! 1

I read the manga some years ago only to drop it after a few chapters. Without a doubt it feels strange, they cut a lot of manga off, leaving out some ch development, and before that they were already a little dull... I hope the sportish aspect delivers

nice booties

All Out!! 1

All the highschoolers in Japan get bullied by their upperclassmen on the first day of school? I'm tired of this trope. I like the characters, maybe the tall guy is annoying being too much of a coward but I hope he will get some development in that regard. I want this to be good, to watch rugby is a lot of fun.

nice booties

Haikyuu S3 - 01
We basically picked up right from where we left off. There are only 10 episodes available for this arc so I guess they had to go right into it as quickly as possible. They basically made a 30 second intro to remind us of where we last were to present time. Animation was pretty damn good, but that's to be expected of this series by now. OP was not as good or memorable as the previous ones, but that's a minor gripe of mine. Anyway, it's good to have this show back once more.

GOOD WRITING (tm)

Its not an unwarranted flashback tho.
Its about Eren's father and what the world outside the wall is like. Looks to be at least late 19th century tech wise, post Industrial Revolution with film photography, blimps, factories etc and this was a decade or two ago at least

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Its not an unwarranted flashback tho.
Its about Eren's father and what the world outside the wall is like. Looks to be at least late 19th century tech wise, post Industrial Revolution with film photography, blimps, factories etc and this was a decade or two ago at least
Yeah, duckroll told me about it.

Details aside, I'm sure the one thing people want to see
is someone read a diary that conveniently serves as exposition for the audience. lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Flip la Flap this season's Shin Sekai Yuri??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom