• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was legit creepy.

1rrj2d.jpg

Drifters 01

Man this was a ride.

-Battle of Sekigahara, never seen that before
-Dude dies and ends up in some kind of afterlife where he's being judged by some suit?
-Gets sent somewhe- oh its a fantasy alt world zzzzz
-There are other dudes like him, this could be coo- Oh its just Nobunaga, never seen that before
-Really really bad humor that makes Yuri on Ice look great

Every time I felt like the show was going to make me interested, like clockwork something would happen that made me want to drop it. So I am.

duckroll

Drifters 01

Man this was a ride.

-Battle of Sekigahara, never seen that before
-Dude dies and ends up in some kind of afterlife where he's being judged by some suit?
-Gets sent somewhe- oh its a fantasy alt world zzzzz
-There are other dudes like him, this could be coo- Oh its just Nobunaga, never seen that before
-Really really bad humor that makes Yuri on Ice look great

Every time I felt like the show was going to make me interested, like clockwork something would happen that made me want to drop it. So I am.

Whoa. Sounds like they fucking nailed the manga. Such a faithful adaptation! There's a reason I own all of the Hellsing manga and most of the Hellsing Ultimate R2s, but never bought Drifters. Lol.

Chase17

Pokémon Generations 5-6
Two solid episodes. Liked the 5th more. Team Rocket remains hilariously goofy.

Haikyu is about to be back and that is all that matters.

phaze

Whoa. Sounds like they fucking nailed the manga. Such a faithful adaptation! There's a reason I own all of the Hellsing manga and most of the Hellsing Ultimate R2s, but never bought Drifters. Lol.

Is this a more or less broadly shared sentiment ? I enjoyed Hellsing and was hoping for something in that vein.

duckroll

Is this a more or less broadly shared sentiment ? I enjoyed Hellsing and was hoping for something in that vein.

Beats me. It's a lot less interesting compared to Hellsing because instead of feeling like a superhero action thriller starring Dracula-turned-good, it's a big messy war themed battle royale thing where a mysterious organization plucks heroes from throughout time to use as warriors in a battle between good and evil in a fantasy world. The villains being.... villains plucked from throughout history. It's conceptually done to death and it doesn't help that regardless of who they say the characters are, the mangaka can only fucking draw the same characters he did in Hellsing so everyone looks like a reharsh.

Cornbread78

Oh? I was reading all over that is's (Drifter's manga) over-the-topnesz was part of it charm.. I hope it's fun at least..

AIN'T NOBODY GONNA TAKE MY CAR 28

tNRFi3m.jpg

Enjoy the changes at the end of the new OP. Makes a gureato OP better.

That episode was stellar, I wasn't sure how well I Am An Alien and Highway Star would flow into each other but it worked fine. Glad we managed to get DAGA KOTOWARU in this episode. The next episode will probably be the deciding factor on where this places on my AOTY, the Highway Star fight proper is top tier A+ material.

Copper

Man this is so lame I can't finish Drifters, since I get this weird screen flicker at around 16:00...It's way to annoying.

I was getting the same thing, thought it was just me.

Drifters - 1

I was hearing a lot of good things about this so thought I'd give it shot.

It was an alright first episode. I liked the art style reminded me a lot of Jojo part 1. But I was disappointed in the shift during the comedy sections. I feel like this type of show would have been better without the comedy, it just feels kinda forced and out of place.

We didn't really get a lot of information here, just a lot names thrown at us that I don't recognize.

I'll try to give the 3 episode rule.

phaze

Beats me. It's a lot less interesting compared to Hellsing because instead of feeling like a superhero action thriller starring Dracula-turned-good, it's a big messy war themed battle royale thing where a mysterious organization plucks heroes from throughout time to use as warriors in a battle between good and evil in a fantasy world. The villains being.... villains plucked from throughout history. It's conceptually done to death and it doesn't help that regardless of who they say the characters are, the mangaka can only fucking draw the same characters he did in Hellsing so everyone looks like a reharsh.

The premise sounds silly but I dunno, it's about what I expected from the successor to the story about magical
Robo-
nazis, Vatican priests and Vlad Tepes duking it out in modern London.

Oh? I was reading all over that is's (Drifter's manga) over-the-topnesz was part of it charm.. I hope it's fun at least..

Lesson nr 666 of animegaf, never trust Jojo and Marvel stans.

They took took their time huh.

duckroll

The premise sounds silly but I dunno, it's about what I expected from the successor to the story about magical
Robo-
nazis, Vatican priests and Vlad Tepes duking it out in modern London.

Yeah it pretty much is. The only issue is that Hellsing was good because it had a ton of solid one on one match ups which was satisfying to read or watch. It was like a fighting game with story scenes inbetween the rounds. Drifters is more like... I guess a Musou game with a ton of characters, but other than some really nice spreads it's... yeah I dunno, I stopped reading. Lol.

Drifters 1

It's just like Hellsing and so it has the same problems has hellsing. Characters are ok, the actions while full of blood is kinda boring.

The episode did not have much more other then introductions, so I'll give it a few more episodes.

Probably one of my least favourite first episode so far.

Lautaro

Drifters 1

Good thing I played Shogun Total War so I could recognize a few names. I'll give a try to this show (my week is almost anime free at the moment).

Figured since they had the first two. Still waiting on that season 2 BD too!

I don't know why it takes them so long to release it...I'm still hoping deep deep inside me that the reason why they are taking their time is because they are re-releasing season 1 with a dub.

A man can dream right!
:(

Line_HTX

Wolf's Rain ep.13
The crew is back on the trail again to go get Cheza back, but with a new member joins them as Blue tags along. Also, what a cute was to reunite the OTP couple. (
copper and scientist)

Felt good for them, lol.

Love Blue. She's a neat character.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 28:

A surprising end to the dice game that I wouldn't have called and we gt the start of the next stand user battle.

Eumi

I think that might be my favourite pallet shift moment in the series.

Also oh my god, it's fucking Highway Star.

Haikyu S3 1

Haikyu is back baby! It starts strong too! Great first episode! We already know the best anime of the season(maybe year) folks! the debate is over.

My favourite opening for this season so far, it's soooo good. Just watching it made me happy. Really glad Haikyu is back.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Drifters Episode 1:

Yes, I am not sure about this program, I don't know the particulars of this period of Japanese history and that is proving to be a bit of a barrier.

Sterok

Lostorage Incited Wixoss 1

Alright, this seems to be an alternate universe from Selector. Which makes sense since the system was destroyed in Selector. The first major difference is that guys can be Selectors too, though the LRIGs are still all girls (it is kind of in the name). The next difference is that once they're chosen, they're forced to partake in battles. No running away, or you'll lose your memories. Seems crueler than the last system on the surface, and we're only on the first episode. Their coins keep track of their wins and losses, and they can apparently bet on them for some sort of power, like forcing your opponent to tell the truth. Suzuko seems like a meh protagonist so far, at least compared to Selector's Ruuko who was implied to have issues and really enjoyed battling. Chinatsu seems cool though. The LRIGs are composed of memories, which has some implications for jerk guy with the shy and nice LRIG. Not sold that this will be as good as Selector yet, but it's worth giving a shot.

Oh, and despite probably taking place in a different universe, Piruluk appears in the opening. Very curious.

Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru 1
This series is probably going to be more about the characters' relationships and dealing with their pasts than any meaningful story developments.
Light comedy and a lot of characters introduced just in the first episode. Despite that, lots of fan favorites haven't had screen time yet. Really curious to see how they're going to be brought in and if the show will continue with the current characters or if they're going to kill them off, since the episode established that permadeath is absolutely an option during the battles.
And I got a little choked up when Kashuu pinned back Yamatonokami's hair back. I hope this becomes more filled with fujoshi-bait than Free! was.

Did I do this right? I've never participated in AnimeGAF before. 😳

High Q S3 01

Ah so this match is five sets. That explains why its so much longer.

Weird first episode? Felt like the last season never ended and the 1st ep had almost no fanfare or anything. Match should be cool tho

Exalted

Drifters episode 1

Was ok i guess, wasn't really anything special , but it was mostly an introduction episode, so it still has some potential . It had some interesting scenes and the action was ok, so i will watch a few more episodes of it. Not really that much fan of the art style it has, characters don't really look good, and the comedy was a complete miss for me , the jokes were awful.

Line_HTX

Kiritobread is a violent ruffian, alright.

No Little Busters still. This 1st week has been too chaotic for me to watch anything at all, even when Crunchyroll secretly put removed shows back into their library, lol

T-Rex.

Banned
Haikyuu S3 #1

AOTY is finally here. I am so happy that Karasuno finally have fans in the crowd, although obvs they can't compete with the Shiratorizawa ultras. Pretty good episode overall, and it was a nice build up to the start of the match.

duckroll

B) LeSean Thomas and Crunchyroll team up for Children of Ether coming to Crunchyroll sometime next year.

CuHPyQmWgAEV2y3.jpg

Project Writer is Nicholas Thurkettle and main Animation Studio is Yapiko Animation (who worked on the Garo movie).

Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko & Hatchin character designer and chief animation director) and Mitsuo Iso (this dude has been MIA for a while no? He directed Den-noh Coil) are also involved with the project.

We have more info now!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...anime-unveils-plot-summary-more-staff/.107398

Thomas is directing the project at Yapiko Animation. The staff also includes character designer Hiroshi Shimizu (Michiko & Hatchin), storyboard director Shingo Natsume (One-Punch Man, Iron Man: Rise of Technovore), animation director Yûichi Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds, Comet Lucifer), and animator Mitsuo Iso (Den-noh Coil). British musician Mr Hudson will compose and perform the soundtrack. American comic artist Ronald Wimberly provided some early concept art.

Children of Ether follows Rhonda, a woman with a dark past and a mysterious power, as she is pursued by an unknown assailant after the death of her father. Aided only by her wits and a pair of orphans, Rhonda journeys through a decaying, dystopian metropolis populated by raiders, gangs, and the supernatural. As she struggles to survive in this harsh urban tangle, she meets both friends and enemies, and searches for answers about this power, "The Ether", awakening within her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom