• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Pretty good? That ED is a literal foggy slide show of still images of the girls sleeping. The only animation in that ED is a slow-motion seven second bit of the MC holding a candle.

Compare with the Flip Flappers ED, which on the top half of the screen has vivid fantasy artwork while on the bottom half you have the two leads demonstrating their personalities with cute small chibi animations.

There's really no comparison.

Artistically, it's not close, however, the song is much better than almost anything airing.

I by no means attempted ti initiate an ED war.

But I don't really have any ponies in this race. I guess the only one I somewhat like is the www working one, but the OP and ED is a downgrade compare to the previous show

To Be Hero 1

I can watch anime for years and still be taken completely by surprise. How does a lewd show about a flirtatious toilet seat designer who falls into a toilet one day and transforms into a fat slob OPM-esque "superhero" exist, and why does it have bizarrely good animation?

Copper

Pretty good? That ED is a literal foggy slide show of still images of the girls sleeping. The only animation in that ED is a slow-motion seven second bit of the MC holding a candle.

Compare with the Flip Flappers ED, which on the top half of the screen has vivid fantasy artwork while on the bottom half you have the two leads demonstrating their personalities with cute small chibi animations.

I think we're forgetting 3 Gatsu no Lion ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiCWbfjf8Tw

not the actual ending but a full version of the audio.

ibyea

Banned
To Be Hero 1

I can watch anime for years and still be taken completely by surprise. How does a lewd show about a flirtatious toilet seat designer who falls into a toilet one day and transforms into a fat slob OPM-esque "superhero" exist, and why does it have bizarrely good animation?

This is the first time I am hearing about this show, and just from your words I am also surprised.

Cornbread78

I watched that once.
I don't know what I expected.

Let it stay that way.

LMAO, Kampfer. At least the student council president was amazing, so haha.

Never heard of Pupa

Pupa or Kampfer

OMG...

WTF is this trash?

Synopsis:
Waking up transformed into a beautiful girl might be the stuff of some guys' fantasies, but when the suddenly effeminatized Natsuru is informed by a stuffed tiger that he's now a Kampfer, a mystical fighter who has to fight other Kampfers in female form, his life becomes a living nightmare! Putting aside the obvious "plumbing" issues, Natsuru's best childhood friend turns out to swing the other way and SHE has a crush on his new female body. Not complex enough? Natsuru's school has separate sections for boys and girls, so he and she are now double enrolled. The rumor-mill has it that he's dating herself. And there are other Kampfers attending the school who want to take her out, and he's not sure which ones mean "on a date" and which ones mean "permanently." Oh, and did we mention that some Kampfers use swords and guns?! Hormones, fists, and other body parts will fly as the daring, new gender-blender defender must become a contender or die!

hey you can't leave us hanging there!

I don't have the energy to write up a long post about it, but suffice it to say that it's my favorite premiere from this season that I've seen. It slots exactly into my kind of anime.

Its amazing isnt it

It's too pervy for me to fully enjoy, but it certainly is a marvel. Didn't realize that Excel Saga director Shinichi Watanabe was still active in the industry; last ran into him on random Silver Link shows several years ago.

This is the first time I am hearing about this show, and just from your words I am also surprised.

Just look at this madness.

Never heard of Kampfer, but Pupa is some of the worst and most disturbing shit I have seen on my computer screen, and let me tell you, this screen has seen a lot.

Real life is depressing me AnimeGaf. Whats good so far this season?
If you are asking that automatically means sequels are out, or you would know of those, and that's 4/6 of the stuff that I am watching currently lol. So there's, March Comes In like a Lion which everyone is giving a lot of praise to, but it is a bit of a sad show. The main character is quite depressed, although there is some light and heartwarming moments in there. The Great Passage looks great, will be airing soon.

Line_HTX

I thought Kiritobread watched Kampfer before, no?

Also, there are definitely WAY TOO MANY premieres to sort through just from this past week alone. It's too chaotic, lol

Qurupeke

Hmm, it's more one sided than I expected. Flip Flappers was the show that surpassed my expectations the most, but I found 3gatsu no lion and Euphonium pretty much perfect too. The season's start is just fantastic for me.

Also, I hope that someone abused the poll rather than 9 different people voted for Keijo.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11395553/r

Finally found the best ED of the season (musically) up on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/CemuoowT3ZA

Sounds good. Brownie points for the English vocals not sounding awful and for actually making sense.

Wow this is fantastic and kind of...unsettling? I can't describe it. Probably one of the more entertaining endings I've seen so far visually next to Drifters and 3 lion.
Hmm, it's more one sided than I expected. Flip Flappers was the show that surpassed my expectations the most, but I found 3gatsu no lion and Euphonium pretty much perfect too. The season's start is just fantastic for me.

Also, I hope that someone abused the poll rather than 9 different people voted for Keijo.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11395553/r

Keijo's 1st episode was stupid entertaining. Not gonna lie if there wasn't a wrestling anime, I probably would have voted for it.

Thud

One does not simply play with lions.

That one Tiger Mask W vote tho, keep being awesome.
No, it wasn't me.

ClassicaLoid 1

Hmm, good enough to stick around for another episode. Don't really have a feel on any of these characters...

Made me want some Gyoza.

Kvik

Kaiju Girls 1-2

Kinda cute. I don't think they'll fight any Ultramen, though. Just kaiju girls doing..er.. kaiju stuff. Probably not a worthy replacement for Fudanshi Kokoseikatsu, but it'll do for now.

Szadek

Owarimonogatari - Ep. 2
Sodachi Oikura really doesn't like Koyomi, does she?
Senjougahara was also fantastic this episode.

Day Break Illusion - Ep. 2
It's very hard to not call the series a Madoak rip-off when like half the plot points are directly taken from it, but that doesn't matter to much for me.
While it's far from the best looking show I have ever seen, I do like the character and monster designs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GkViyEwl.jpg

Peripherally anime related, but I was just looking for a movie to watch and came upon this... and of course it immediately reminded me of Yamada-kun, but I figure the gender-body-swap isn't a completely original idea. Still, I just found it funny that there are basically no original ideas ever, and that two people who have probably never met and have heard of each other could basically come up with the same concept of kids swapping genders through magic and then having your standard "I'm in the wrong body" comedy of errors hijinks.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume there's a lot less sexual hijinks in the Disney version of the trope.
Yeah, I'm only half watching it because I just need background material and Netflix is really running dry, but they swiftly avoid the "OMG I CAN GO TO THE BATHROOM AND LOOK AT GIRL PARTS" gags that come from Yamada-kun and other gender-swap animu and just rely on generic gender stereotypes to do the body humor stuff - boys stink, girls have to wax their legs, etc etc.

wbEMX

Didn't watch Yuri on Ice yet, but I was told that the OP is amazing. So I watched the OP.

IT IS SO FUCKING AMAZING. I must see this show.

Sound! Euphonium ep. 1-2
Decided to start this one as its on crunchyroll. Liked Haruhi but hated Love Live. Fortunately this show feels a lot more natural and better than Love Live so currently I'm watching it without any problems. It's Kyoani so of course its pretty af.

It has pretty good romance too:

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Love Live? Bit of an odd thing to bring up. It's not even the same studio as Haruhi or Euphonium.

Because it's also set in a school?

kasane

I finally watched iron blooded orphans, feels like this is the best gundam in forever. Well tbh i didnt even give build fighters and Reconguista a chance. Last gundam i remember fully watching was 00.

duckroll

Kuromukuro - Episode 14

Been waiting for the continuation of the cliffhanger forever. It's pretty exciting. A bunch of new elements added to the mix which makes the entire "what is going on" question more interesting. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom