• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Kuromukuro - Episode 14

Been waiting for the continuation of the cliffhanger forever. It's pretty exciting. A bunch of new elements added to the mix which makes the entire "what is going on" question more interesting. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

It was interesting. Still not sure what to make of Yuki and the Ogre and their motivations.

Exalted

Kuromukuro middle episodes are nice, but it really picks up in the last 5-7? episodes, the last few arcs are quite exciting.

Cornbread78

Sound! Euphonium ep. 1-2
Decided to start this one as its on crunchyroll. Liked Haruhi but hated Love Live. Fortunately this show feels a lot more natural and better than Love Live so currently I'm watching it without any problems. It's Kyoani so of course its pretty af.

It has pretty good romance too:

I can't wait until he finds out what kind of baiting romance really is in the show..

School girls and music? I dunno. lol

Exactly. Honestly Love Live kinda traumatized me for shows that involve high school and music. Maybe Sound! can heal that, it seems pretty good so far!

Sound! Euphonium ep.3

I liked how the instructor sensei was harsh on them, reminded me of my guitar lessons I took in my youth.

duckroll

Kuromuruko - Episode 15

Couldn't resist watching another one. Bittersweet tone. Too bad the way the series goes there's no way any of them will actually leave. They'll probably find a way to stay. The red-bean ice cream gag was good. I hate the streaming guy. He's getting worse and worse. Hope he dies soon.

SHarris78

Been waiting for episode 13 of love live sunshine, only just realised episode 12 was the end of season, nooooo.

Plus I've just finished the final episode of Amamchu.

I've only got the 'second season' of non non boyori remaining of my feelgood programs, though I am enjoying Euphonium.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Been waiting for episode 13 of love live sunshine, only just realised episode 12 was the end of season, nooooo.

Er... there is a 13th episode:

Love Live! Shakespeare!! 1

Well this certainly is an interesting spinoff to say the least.

KVtR4ey.jpg

nXpcgRI.jpg

CPkr9QI.jpg

pbayne

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 2

Really good. I initially thought the app stuff was gonna be gimmicky and tacked on as fuck but they've actually taken a lot of care to incorporate it into the digimon designs and their powers. Some real creative stuff so far and i hope they keep it up.

Of the "kids"" shows so far id say Digimon is the strongest ive seen. Though Monster Hunter has been very good so far too.

Jesus that sinking feeling when the standard tv show looks better and is more competently made than your special anniversary movies though lol.

Tiger Mask 2

I wonder how money NJPW is kicking into this.

Sölf

Lostorage incited WIXOSS 01
The suffering is back! It's bee a while since I watched the other two seasons, so I probably forgot quite a bit. What's definitly interesting is the fact, that the selectors are forced to participate and that the whole thing is already darker in the first episode. I am not really sure if this is an alternate universe. It could simply be a few years later or earlier. The girl in the beginning when Homura became a Selector as well as the place where it took place were definitly from the other seasons.

Also, male selectors, huh? Well, let's see how much despair we get this time. I also still have no idea how this game works. xD

jgminto

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters 2

Really good. I initially thought the app stuff was gonna be gimmicky and tacked on as fuck but they've actually taken a lot of care to incorporate it into the digimon designs and their powers. Some real creative stuff so far and i hope they keep it up.

Of the "kids"" shows so far id say Digimon is the strongest ive seen. Though Monster Hunter has been very good so far too.

Jesus that sinking feeling when the standard tv show looks better and is more competently made than your special anniversary movies though lol.
The market potential for a new children's show is a lot higher so it makes sense they'd give that more attention. A fairweather audience driven largely by nostalgia is unlikely to see the same translation into toy and other tie-in sales.

Wandering son, yes. Kampfer, hellllls no, lol.

Pupa has the lowest rating I thing I've ever seen on MAL for a series (3.8) damn.. everyone hates it, lol

Since it's almost Halloween, the Let's Watch should be a horror anime.

I suggest Shiki for its ridiculous hair and actually unsettling atmosphere.

Ascheroth

Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters #2

Yeah, I'm really liking this. The smart-phone angle seems very well thought through and gives opportunity to more creative powers and fights than simply 'muh fireball is bigger than yours!'
Got a glimpse of the pink haired girl as well, looks like she's an idol?
I found the 'threat' really cool. It's very minor in the grand scheme of things, but the effects of having a navigation-app go haywire are easily relatable.
I wonder how the Appli Link works. With Messemon it was just tacked on, but with Navimon it was a proper fusion. I'm alos curious whether Gatchmon will have normal evolutions as well, but that will probably still be off for a while.
But sheesh, the sound effects during the link are absolutely terrible. Terrible. Please change that or I fear for my sanity.

In any case, it's leagues better than Tri. Leagues.

Line_HTX

Bloodivores 01

Chase scenes are alright as long as there's no dumb, cheesy rock music accompanying it.

Sham trials, lol.

Emptying your entire clip... overkill much?

And what the fuck is up with that chyron headline on the news? They're blaming the symptom and existence of those vampires on medicine IN GENERAL instead of something specific, hahaha

Clov

I don't think it's boring at all. The characters are interesting, even if their development is more gradual. I appreciated that it took a slower and more subtle approach to it. It's also very beautiful to look at at times; it's definitely KyoAni's best looking TV work.

You know it's a slow day when the most productive thing people can do here is just throw pointless bait posts at each other and hope it evolves into an argument.

TrueBlue

I need to give the second episode of Izetta a watch. The first episode was really good, though some comments on the second episode have me worried it may have already reached the peak.

Exalted

Trickster episode 2

Was ok i guess, still not really anything special.The entire episode focused on a new case , that the detective agency and our loner MC that later joined them solved in the end. So guess this show will be case of the week for the most part. Hopefully there will be better cases later, this one wasn't really that intriguing.
Didn't really make sense for the lady to hire the agency to investigate her murder attempt, well she wanted to frame someone else by this, but still.

phaze

Keijo 01

Not that I subjected myself to many Xebec shows of this sort but this is about the first where I don't find character designs vomit inducing. Progress.

Overall this was better than I expected, okay cast and the ridiculousness of it all certainly brings a smile to the face. I lost it when the too fast to see one butt knockouts started too happen.

Can't believe they put GoB in the OP

Oh and I hope Niintendoman is watching this cause it's literally everything he wants out of sport shows.

Exalted

Exhalted is going to be my Trickster guinea pig still undecided if I want to watch it.
I can already tell you this show is not great and probably never will be. But depends entirely on you if you can get some entertainment from a show like this. The detective parts and the themes still have some potential for later on.

March Comes in like a Lion 1
download.png

I see Shaft's strange usage of CG continues...

CG snark aside, I thought this was easily the best episode of the season so far. The show shows in fantastic terms just how depressed Rei is. His isolation, his robotic nature, his quiet emotional turmoil. His depression has reached the point where his natural reaction is push people away in gentle terms. Talking cats aside, I don't think the latter half of the episode was too big of a shift. Rei's character doesn't fall out of focus in the second half, rather it just shows him in a different light.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
the bard just can't compete
To Nico Nico Ni, or not to Nico Nico Ni. That is the question.

Exactly. Honestly Love Live kinda traumatized me for shows that involve high school and music. Maybe Sound! can heal that, it seems pretty good so far!
But Love Live is good!

Plus I've just finished the final episode of Amamchu.

I've only got the 'second season' of non non boyori remaining of my feelgood programs, though I am enjoying Euphonium.
In recent memory, there's Hanamayata. But Aria is the best.

Qurupeke

I need to give the second episode of Izetta a watch. The first episode was really good, though some comments on the second episode have me worried it may have already reached the peak.

It's more of the same, though the focus is on the witch. Nothing drastically better or worse.

TrueBlue

It's more of the same, though the focus is on the witch. Nothing drastically better or worse.

I see. I got an impression by some that said witch is a little annoying, and considering she's one of the two main leads at the very least, that'd be a shame.

Good to hear the quality is around the same level though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom