• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendrox

Euphonium Season 2 1+2

I somehow missed the start, but it's awesome that we get two episodes in a row (or rather one long one). Kumiko is a miracle of the universe.

@Michiyuki Kawashima and Kazunari Tanaka RIP. Will hear the Kiznaiver Opening today. :(

Edit: Urgh..Ukais voice actor... T_T7 Both of them also so young. Michiyuki Kawashima I knew, but Kazunari Tanaka is a bit sudden for me. :(

I visited the house of the wolf today :p

CudWz2-VMAQJKZk.jpg

CudW4hiUEAA0I8S.jpg

CudW9_LUkAQ8ZBw.jpg

CudXDgCUsAARmj6.jpg

JulianImp

Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku (Magical Girl Raising Project)

KcZMoJx.jpg

A new mascot has been born.

God damn it, why does Junko always have to be behind these kind of things...

Actually, I think I could have fun seeing just how many shows I could try and shoehorn her in as some secret mastermind and still have things make sense...

Eumi

God damn it, why does Junko always have to be behind these kind of things...

Actually, I think I could have fun seeing just how many shows I could try and shoehorn her in as some secret mastermind and still have things make sense...
Junko's in the basement.

Lain

Re: Zero 1-18

This show is insufferable. Subaru is pathetic and lame beyond belief. The lame acts in the beginning I could shrugs off, but the more the show goes on, the more the dude makes worse and worse decisions, never learning shit, making an ass of himself over and over.

Copper

This show is insufferable. Subaru is pathetic and lame beyond belief. The lame acts in the beginning I could shrugs off, but the more the show goes on, the more the dude makes worse and worse decisions, never learning shit, making an ass of himself over and over.

That's literally his character though. He even flat out admits it in an entire episode.

Cornbread78

yeah, the beginning of episode 18 he finally admits to himself what a piece of trash he is, then at the end of episode 18 he really proves how much of a piece of $hit he really is.
Fu(k Subaru for what he did to best girl....

Kudo

New seasons always feel so hectic, even though there isn't much more series now than last season I feel like somethings dropping constantly.

Line_HTX

Sound! Euphonium ep. 4-9
Show's been alright so far, will watch the first season at least. I haven't been turned into a super fan of this show yet though, might have dropped it if it wasn't so pretty to look and listen at. Also, without reading beforehand here, I wouldn't have noticed the yuri undertones. Sometimes I wonder I'm as dense as the densest male anime protagonists smh.

F, Karasuno shall fight even harder to respect him!

Sound! Euphonium ep. 4-9
Show's been alright so far, will watch the first season at least. I haven't been turned into a super fan of this show yet though, might have dropped it if it wasn't so pretty to look and listen at. Also, without reading beforehand here, I wouldn't have noticed the yuri undertones. Sometimes I wonder I'm as dense as the densest male anime protagonists smh.

That's because those supposed "yuri undertones" weren't actually there. People saw what they wanted to see, rather than what was staring at them straight in the face.

Oh wow very sad to hear. Both passed away very young, thats quite sad. Haikyuu won't be the same.
RIP said:
ukai_6442.jpg

For those who don't know who his character was
I'm sure that if there is another season they will revoice him but his delivery for the character was quite iconic, and distinct. I wonder who and how they will replace him (if they decide to continue the series that is)

TrueBlue

That's because those supposed "yuri undertones" weren't actually there. People saw what they wanted to see, rather than what was staring at them straight in the face.

With the way some scenes are framed and delivered, I'm not sure that's the case. At the very least, I don't blame most of the people who "see" it, as it were - the show does seem to be playing up some of the undertones. I watched the show for the first time last week, and I found the myriad of gifs/pics from the series didn't express how thick things are laid on at times.

That being said, I am a little sceptical on the whole thing, and I'm worried that it'll amount to little more than a distraction in the long run. I think it's best just to see how things play out more than anything.

Whether it's there or not is secondary to how annoying it is that this aspect dominates the majority of posts concerning Hibike! here. Like, I have stuff to write about it and S2 episode 1 certainly didn't change that but I'm not even mentioning anything thereof anymore.

Of course, the irony is that this comment tackled this topic now after all but I hope it'll be the last for the foreseeable future.

blurr

Nyanbo 03

Mike is pronounced Me-kay. Mikehattsu confirmed Japanese.

Mr Robot S2 02-12 END

Sequel had a lot of exposition along with a ton of surprises in coherence with the "what is reality" theme. The biggest appeal of this series for me was its depiction of various economic sections of society and how it dwarfs fears; all of which was shaken up as a result of the events of the first season. I'm always finding myself rooting for the hacker group but it's undeniable that there's only so much that they can do and whatever they have done has had more harm than good. One can let go but the desire for a change from how things were isn't dying down no matter what the cost is. This is the dilemma the show is reaching or has reached at some points, no clear conclusion yet but things aren't looking good to say the least.

I quite like what it scaled up to, looking forward to the next season.

Nothing wrong with people discussing what they see or think they see in something. You can argue they aren't there but your opinion is no more valid than their's. Besides it isn't as though other people like Thoraxes aren't discussing/reviewing the finer points of the show.

TrueBlue

Nothing wrong with people discussing what they see or think they see in something. You can argue they aren't there but your opinion is no more valid than their's. Besides it isn't as though other people like Thoraxes aren't discussing/reviewing the finer points of the show.

Aye.

I understand the sentiment though. There's a lot more to the show than just a "will they won't they?" thing - as I noted before it could potentially serve as a distraction more than anything.

I'm in the process writing a review for Season 1 and I fear I might get overwhelmed by all the stuff I'd like to mention: Characters, animation, music, relationships, themes, critiques etc.

Zutto Mae Kara Suki Deshita - Kohuhaku Jikkou Iinkai
or, you know: I want to let you know that I love you.

20 mins in and there was only one scene I liked (the tutoring/studying had nicely directed awkwardness). The premise is some very basic school romance involving a bunch of angsty teens, full with love triangle or an even higher polygon.

As there's nothing this excels it I've got no reason to continue further. Worst case it might end up being yet another Orange-tier shoujo.

Speaking of Orange, this has got to be the same character designer at work. Those vibrantly colored irises don't look very good. The art style doesn't really support that stuff.

blurr

Shocking.

Truth.

Gunslinger Girl 02-03

This show seems to have an extensive use of lighting on characters in multiple scenes which makes for visually impressive moments.

Episode 2 was mostly a retelling of the events of the first episode with somewhat of a closure. Guise extends a gesture of appreciation for what Henrietta did for him despite jeopardizing the mission.

The character arc episode 3 relieved one concern I had for the premise - not all the girls picked up for the project were under depressing circumstances to the same degree as Henrietta so it makes sense for her partner to develop an emotional attachment to her. This episode also revealed that this new life that they have, no matter how comfortable it is, comes at a price which of course is to undertake lethal missions and whose necessity for success extends to a point that they have to kill their own feelings over it which in this case: Rico had to kill someone she had feelings for, simply because he had become a witness. This is starkly in contrast with what Henrietta did although in a greater scale, it echoes the grim tone of the show and now I'm depressed thinking about it. Perhaps her attempts to learn violin with Henrietta was symbolic to her attempts to invoke emotion, Henrietta ends up having to hold her hands to guide her.

The OP has visuals showing the girls performing acts of violence fully animated with pictures of them living a normal life juxtaposed in reference.

Narag

Kuromukuro 4

One of the funnier culture shock episodes I've seen. Having the uncle being familiar with more traditional things helped Kennosuke out as much as Koharu hurt him by outright fucking with him regarding modern amenities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom