• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

Sölf;219868379 said:
Occultic;Nein

I still have hopes that the next 1-2 episodes make more sense. Maybe it becomes good. At least I don't want to drop it now (unlike all other people in my stream).
Well, they literally already adapted 1 entire novel in epsiode 1.
If they keep the current speed up they are out of material by the end of episode 3.

THE LAND IS CLOAKED IN DEEPEST BLUE

THE SHADOW OF EAGLES ACROSS THE MOON

ENDURE THE PAIN, IT'S EASY NOW.

IN WORDS CAN I SAY IIIIIIIT?!?!?

WHOOOOOAH WHOA OHWHOOOOAH WHOOAH.

Line_HTX

This synopsis is pretty vague, but whatever. I'm kind of curious what this "BIG EVENT" in Occultic;Nine is supposed to be if it's a series of little events leading up to it.

This is going to get super derailed, isn't it?

Cornbread78

Sölf;219868379 said:
Occultic;Nein

I still have hopes that the next 1-2 episodes make more sense. Maybe it becomes good. At least I don't want to drop it now (unlike all other people in my stream).

Well, they literally already adapted 1 entire novel in epsiode 1.
If they keep the current speed up they are out of material by the end of episode 3.

Yeah, that first episode was a joke. The premise sounds interesting, but hopefully, they slow it down and start making sense going forward.

Taruranto

Ranpo anime that has nothing to do with Ranpo #2

yWiBs4I.jpg

Lmao, what kind of mystery was this?? This was even worse than those stupid Pycho Pass self-contained episodes in the first half.

phaze

Nobunaga no Shinobi 02

Is Nobunaga shooting at Hideyoshi with a rifle some kind of popular tale/history snippet ? It's in 2 of 3 Nobunaga shows so far. Gotta keep my eyes out for something of the sort in Drifters. Though there too already, Nobunaga is pictured with a rifle.

Lain

yeah, the beginning of episode 18 he finally admits to himself what a piece of trash he is, then at the end of episode 18 he really proves how much of a piece of $hit he really is.
Fu(k Subaru for what he did to best girl....

Not only did he do what he did to her in that episode, but all the gruesome deaths he put her through before. Shameful, truly shameful.

Re: Zero 19-25

Well, after the pits of episode 18, Subaru managed to get back on my good side (only thanks to Rem) but that end felt somewhat weak to me. Happy ending and all but I'm left with too many questions.

Not only did he do what he did to her in that episode, but all the gruesome deaths he put her through before. Shameful, truly shameful.

Well, after the pits of episode 18, Subaru managed to get back on my good side (only thanks to Rem) but that end felt somewhat weak to me. Happy ending and all but I'm left with too many questions.

Buy the LNs?

Aki-at

Occultic;Nine - 1

So this was like 6 episodes in one played on fast forward. So much material that should have been stretched out over several episodes, there were loads of things I enjoyed, there's a bit of that early Steins;gate feeling in it, loving the colours too but the fast paced nature made it hard to appreciate it and the characters that it became hard to stomach it (and that one girl...) Still I'm going to stick with it for the absurdity and hopefully they'll slow it down.

Wonder what the professor's
code was though.

Gvitor

Sölf;219885461 said:
If you really want to know ("Spoiler" or so, I guess):

Emilia:"Who is Rem?"

Ohhh

Yeah, I knew about the events that sentence implies, but damn that would be a nice cliffhanger

Ohhh

Yeah, I knew about the events that sentence implies, but damn that would be a nice cliffhanger
No one would buy merch for that particular character though. It was a smart business decision, and something they can use at the very start of the potential season 2 as a great kick in the nuts for the audience that doesn't know about this (although by now, I'm sure mostly everyone and their mother that watched has read something about it somewhere).

Ascheroth

ClassicaLoid #1

This had Sugita and mechs, which might make it a better mech-show than IBO by default, since that has mechs but no Sugita.
The ridiculousness of this all was pretty amusing, like starting right with a dramatic scene of Beethoven cooking Gyoza, accompanied by Freude schöner Götterfunken. Very intense.
Not sure what this is supposed to teach though. Maybe that music can summon mechs? I dunno.

Nobunaga no Shinobi #2

Short anime are best anime. Continues to be a very nice watch.

Gvitor

No one would buy merch for that particular character though. It was a smart business decision, and something they can use at the very start of the potential season 2 as a great kick in the nuts for the audience that doesn't know about this (although by now, I'm sure mostly everyone and their mother that watched has read something about it somewhere).

While I agree that it can work as a nice way to kick off a potential season 2, I really don't see that affecting merch at all.

I mean, Rem is best girl regardless, everyoneknows that

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
This reminds me of Transformer characters who got taken off the toyline.

Szadek

Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Ep. 3-4
It continues to be pretty strong.
A lot of the poltical stuff goes a bit over my head, though. I get the basics, but not much beyond that.
Kudelia continues to be a strong character as well.

Smile Precure! - Ep. 10
The comedy in this series is on point. This time the Big bad wolf got kicked out of restaurant, because the customers we afraid of him.
In another episode the evil witch lost her magic rings and went to the lost-property office to find them.

Shiki - Ep. 1-2
Not a bad start at all. The show certian does a good job at setting up a mystery.
Another thing the show does really well is the eerie atmosphere.

Line_HTX

ClassicaLoid #1

This had Sugita and mechs, which might make it a better mech-show than IBO by default, since that has mechs but no Sugita.
The ridiculousness of this all was pretty amusing, like starting right with a dramatic scene of Beethoven cooking Gyoza, accompanied by Freude schöner Götterfunken. Very intense.
Not sure what this is supposed to teach though. Maybe that music can summon mechs? I dunno.

Gotta wait for what conspiracy Bach has planned!

Clov

I've seen this going around on my Twitter feed today, and I thought some people in here might be interested in it. It's a blog that's just started up, and it's focused on feminist critiques of anime. They have a few reviews of the first episodes of some of this seasons new shows. I'm really interested to see more of their work, and I hope they eventually review some older shows as well.

Aki-at

Kotoura San - 1

I haven't even finished either Lovely Complex or My Love Story why am I starting another romcom?!

The absurdly depressing origins to Kotoura had ne laughing at how tragic it was but Manabe's first thoughts of pink... stick sausage people sold me on the show. An enjoyable first episode, well see if the comedy stays strong, only so many gags you can pull with mind readers.

Copper

This covers near the end of Arc 3 which is about 1/4 of the overall story.

If you are interested in reading what happens someone is fan translating the web novel right now. Some pretty crazy stuff happens at the end of Arc 3.

the web novel is free and available to the public so I imagine it will not get taken down.

Does anyone live there?

Seems when the owner died it was turned into a rest house and then after the movie was made they made it into a tourist attraction. The house itself is still owned by the family of the original owner I think, but don't think anybody lives in it.

Narag

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable 25

huh there was a lot more to this ep than the internet led me to believe with oldmaninpicturepilotingbird.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I got tickets for Shin Godzilla in two hours. Duckroll better not have let me down.
Did you preorder? I arrived like an hour before the theatre was to show and it was sold out. Luckily i live in a city and have more options than one to see it.

Think I have one more shot for today. Is there like an official OT for shin godzilla?

I should probably go see Shin Godzilla, but that means I gotta go to a movie theater...

Movie theaters are awful, and I've always hated them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom