• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

What's the best non-seasonal TV anime you guys have seen this year so far? I think mine's still Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls season 2.

Uhhhh Arakawa Under the Bridge ? I don't quite keep track of what I'm watching.

Gundam Wing is so fucking bad. I get upset just thinking about how much of an idiot everyone is and how everyone is an unlikable ass.

You don't get say that since you chickened out after like 10 episodes at most. You have seen but an outline of the rabbit hole, of the unfathomed depths of stupid Wing descends too.

To Be Hero 02
020829ddsw4.jpg

Oh the horror.

Still quite good and funny even if not on par with premiere.

Taruranto

The Legend of Erin #23

Ah yes. Good old fantasy racism.

When I watched the preview, I thought this episode would have been stupid stuff with old men yelling at the clouds.jpg, but it was actual fairly solid. These people have a fanatical, almost religious devotion to the queen
lol are they British
, so it would make that they would freak out when this girl comes and does the same thing only the Queen can supposedly do.

Next episode is POLITICS, so I bet episode 25 will have another time-skip. Not too much they can do with teenager Erin anymore.

Jex

What's the best non-seasonal TV anime you guys have seen this year so far? I think mine's still Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls season 2.

I think this might be the first year in a long time where I haven't actually watched many, if any.

I am re-watching G Gundam, which doesn't count.

I am also about 5 episodes into Shonen Hollywood, but I can't really assess it at this stage.

JulianImp

All of the problems in my life come from watching Black Bullet.

But, there's lolis that are older than they look in an edgelord post-apocalyptic world that would make Shadow the Hedgehog look like a Porygon 2 in comparison... and the opening even starts exactly like Attack on Titan's!

Let's face it, you wish you had a sempai and two lolis lusting after you like Ren "da boss" taro.

It's sitting nicely alongside Dangaronpa 3 on the list of anime series I wish I could un-watch somehow.

blurr

Uhhhh Arakawa Under the Bridge ? I don't quite keep track of what I'm watching.

Yea, I get the feeling, by the end of the year I check what all I saw through out the year on MAL but end up clueless if it was this year or last year lol. I wish it even told the dates at which they were added.

phaze

lol Saw that Bungou OP on youtube few days back and thought for sure it was fake. I guess we will get a more proper one once this flashback arcs ends.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I dunno. To Be Hero seems pretty rotten to me. It's like the bad brand of adult swim grossout humor that went out of date ten years ago. It's not really clever...it just seems like a bad excuse for jokes about sexually harassing your daughter.

From the shorts I've seen Ninja Girl & Samurai Master/Nobunaga no Shinobi is surprisingly good if not very straightforward. Not even a very good year for Teekyu yet either tbh, but still okay.

Sölf

I dunno. To Be Hero seems pretty rotten to me. It's like the bad brand of adult swim grossout humor that went out of date ten years ago. It's not really clever...it just seems like a bad excuse for jokes about sexually harassing your daughter.

So it's standard Nabeshin then.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do people really wear shirts like this?

I bet on 2ch, at some point, someone made this exact comment about some shirt an American was wearing with Japanese on it.

Sound! Euphonium Season 2 2:
Another great episode. Getting the backstory on Nozomi and finding out what happened last year in the club was really good. I feel like I can sympathize a lot with everyone's point of view on this, although I'll be interested in getting Asuka's perspective next week.

Natsuki and Yuko scenes together were great, and I want to spend more time on their dynamic, because it's hilarious.

Hibike! Euphonium - 2

Need I explain more?

Pool scene was shorter than I thought. But we got this so It's okay.

The scene that was entirely about Reina talking about how she's in love with Taki?

Hibike! Euphonium S2 - 02

Liked this episode quite a lot. Most of the dialogue felt much more natural than the one we got in ep1 and I wanna say there were more interesting shots, too. Still room for improvement, though. I could've done with less flashbacks this time around, that's for sure.

Oboe-san is quite the oddball and even puts Reina to shame in that regard. Makes for fun Kumiko encounters. Reina getting competition for Taki sensei was fun and quite frankly, that lady should put Reina out of competition. Not like she was ever in if Taki sensei is sensible.

I'm not sure if I'm liking that sempai/previous year drama much and it's getting a lot of focus. It's not bad per se but I'd prefer a bit more focus on the music.

Jex

I've only ever seen a single episode of Euphonium so can you people just confirm - is this how about lesbians or not?

blurr

Hibike Euphonium S2 02

Aw yes, we are already at the meatier part of the drama (excuse the pun) even though I had low expectations for this episode.

I love Kumiko's attempt to help Nozomi - might be an obvious thing to do, she even sort of regrets saying that but I still love the gesture. Something she can't simply ignore especially when things aren't adding up. Holy shit was I scared when she approached Asuka to ask, actually glad this was moved to the next episode, I don't think I could take it.

Yoroizuka's internal dilemma relayed through video game pause screen:

JulianImp

I've only ever seen a single episode of Euphonium so can you people just confirm - is this how about lesbians or not?

It isn't. There's some odd yuri bait in it, but the main thing (at least from S1) was the whole "try hard and aim for nationals!" goal everyone was striving for.

I won't be able to watch S2 for a while, but I seriously hope things don't swing too hard towards romance (yuri or otherwise) this season.

Exalted

Bungou Stray Dogs S2 episode 2

Still focused on Dazais flashback arc and his times with the Port Mafia, which i don't mind since i'm enjoying this arc so far, it has quite a different tone to what we got last season.

TheRancor

Yuri!!! On Ice

It's interesting to note that the opera heard during the first episode is actually an original piece and debut of 25 year old composer/conductor Taku Matsushiba.

http://picosong.com/aRnF/

It seems that Matsushiba will probably be handling the orchestra pieces that play during the ice skating segments. Further supported by this recent translated interview about the show's costume designs https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/10/12/behind-the-scenes-of-yuri-on-ices-costume-design/

Most of the music used for the performances would be original for the show.

The rest of the BGM/score seem to be handled by the other composer, Taro Umebayashi.

Matsushiba is a new employee of Piano Inc (which employs Yoko Kanno) and was hired earlier this year after obtaining his masters from Tokyo University.

So yeah, pretty cool I guess. Shout out to other opera pieces this season like the one in Izetta by MICHIRU, Hayato Matsuo supposedly has one in Drifters going by one of the PVs, Iwasaki going to break one out for Bungo? lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sound! Euphonium Season 2, Episode 2:

Well then, this episode left me thoroughly pissed, though not for the usual reasons. This Nozomi sub-plot is now pissing me off, didn't care for it last episode but it got infuriating here as it keeps getting shoved down the throat and yet I have had not had a reason to be sympathetic with her. In fact, I agreed with Asuka, why should she be let back on to the team after she up and quit because she wasn't getting her way and also let us be honest here because they are actually engaging in her desire? That sounds really fucking selfish and Nozomi hasn't offered up recompense for her past transgressions or even provided evidence that she wouldn't do this again.

TrueBlue

Sound! Euphonium Season 2 2:
Another great episode. Getting the backstory on Nozomi and finding out what happened last year in the club was really good. I feel like I can sympathize a lot with everyone's point of view on this, although I'll be interested in getting Asuka's perspective next week.

Natsuki and Yuko scenes together were great, and I want to spend more time on their dynamic, because it's hilarious.

This pretty much sums up my opinion too. It was much better than I thought it would be. I do question the necessity of a pool setting considering how quick they were to move on, but considering the focus on plot - no, really - that's a minor quibble.

Reina's reactions to the new sensei were amusing as well.

Yuri!!! On Ice

It's interesting to note that the opera heard during the first episode is actually an original piece and debut of 25 year old composer/conductor Taku Matsushiba.

http://picosong.com/aRnF/

It seems that Matsushiba will probably be handling the orchestra pieces that play during the ice skating segments. Further supported by this recent translated interview about the show's costume designs https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2016/10/12/behind-the-scenes-of-yuri-on-ices-costume-design/

The rest of the BGM/score seems to be handled by the other composer, Taro Umebayashi.

Matsushiba is a new employee of Piano Inc (which employs Yoko Kanno) and was hired earlier this year after obtaining his masters from Tokyo University.

So yeah, pretty cool I guess. Shout out to other opera pieces this season like the one in Izetta by MICHIRU, Hayato Matsuo supposedly has one in Drifters going by one of the PVs, Iwasaki going to break one out for Bungo? lol

The aria in the first episode of Izetta is actually from Mozart, not an original composition.

blurr

Frankly, as a 15 year old I've done some stupid things around the same level as Nozomi but that's just how I'm justifying it for myself I suppose. Like mistakes happen, more so as a teenager. Natsuki also chimed in simply because she was "in the moment", quite telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom