• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Is this an alternate world where pairs figure skating can be with two guys?
Is skating an euphemism for something else? ;)
ZnBHq46.jpg

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So Yuri on Ice's plan is clearly to dump all budget into skating scenes and just string together the rest of the show with the $15 left over.

I think I'm ok with this.

Cornbread78

Saikano ep.6
Shuji is a douche. Talk about being selfish... Glad he got played himself after all that he put Xhisa through and indirectly killed a bunch of men in the process. That final scene was kinda cute, but damn, the tone of the show is drowning in pain and sorrow..

Cornbread78

All Out ep.1
Not bad, nut not sure how much of this I'll watch... I'll give it 3 eps and if it's still funny and entertaining, then I'll stck with it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Girlish Number
???
Why did nobody tell me this was one of the best shows this season?

duckroll

I heard a rumor that American AnimeGAFers who don't watch Shin Godzilla are getting mass banned soon. Don't know where that rumor came from, but better safe than sorry right?

Jarmel

Banned
I heard a rumor that American AnimeGAFers who don't watch Shin Godzilla are getting mass banned soon. Don't know where that rumor came from, but better safe than sorry right?

I thought King Trump was getting crowned in January though? Did he speed up the purgings?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
That's like casting death sentence on someone who has a poison debuff and the only cure is a MAX Ether.

Look, just to keep me safe nonetheless, I'll say it.

Thunderbolt Fantasy was the best thing that aired this year. It's better than Re:Zero, My Hero Academia, ERASED, and everything else.

I look forward to seeing a mecha show made with wuxia puppets.

JulianImp

Good thing "America" in English has somehow mutated to refer only to the United States rather than the whole continent with that name, otherwise I'd probably be doomed.

JulianImp

Nope, it means the entire new world in this case, including all islands.

Good thing I'm currently in Japan, then.

...Oh wait.

I'd go watch it in those 4D theaters, but it's a total budget-killer at ¥1800 a pop. That's about three days' worth of food and living expenses, or a kick-ass coat at a Book Off Bazaar.

Overall Autumn Feelings After At least 1 Episode.
3-gatsu no Lion - Very pretty and well done by Shaft (Will Keep Watching)
Ao Oni The Animation - Quite shitty, not a single chuckle so far (3 Episode Rule before dropping)
Bernard-jou Iwaku. - Feels like a bad Teekyuu, got one laugh (3 Episode Rule before dropping)
Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season - Huh.....you know can we just make this the main focus for the season instead of the shit MC from the 1st season? (Will Keep Watching)
ClassicaLoid - I'm okay with this, its weird, has Gintama's Director and has Gintoki voicing Beethoven. (Will Keep Watching)
Flip Flappers - Other then the unneeded robot groping, I have nothing but praise for this show. (Will Keep Watching)
Gakuen Handsome - I'm quite certain this show was drawn by a single person, it's nothing but still frames and character manipulation, the ending has the most animation! (Will Keep Watching, because it's 2-3 minutes an episode)
Keijo!!!!!!!! - I already read the manga, so I had no shame for a few years now (Will Keep Watching)
Kiitarou Shounen no Youkai Enikki - Quite shitty, that's all. (3 Episode Rule before dropping)
Natsume Yuujinchou Go - Still feels like a downgrade art wise compared to the previous season. (Will Keep Watching)
Nazotokine - Fuck this shit, I ain't wasting 7 minutes a week on this! (Dropped, 1/10)
Nobunaga no Shinobi - A well done short showing one of the nicest versions of Nobunaga (Will Keep Watching)
Occultic;Nine - Not really interesting, and fire whoever approved of C-Cup Girl! (3 Episode Rule before dropping)
Sengoku Choujuu Giga - Interesting art style if nothing else. (Will Keep Watching, because it's 2-4 minutes an episode)
Shuumatsu no Izetta - Not really even average, but not enough so far to make me fall off it yet. (Will Keep Watching)
Soul Buster - I can't, that fucking filter is beyond horrendous. (Dropped, 2/10)
Teekyuu 8 - Feels like a down season for Teekyuu so far, still okay. (Will Keep Watching)
Tiger Mask W - Just dumb fun with some iffy animation quality. (Will Keep Watching)
To Be Hero - Not sure how I feel about this.....(3 Episode Rule before dropping)
Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori - Ugh....just ugh. (3 Episode Rule before dropping)
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari - Cute Slice of Life, not much more needed (Will Keep Watching)
Workingwww! - Not really feeling it so far (3 Episode Rule before dropping)
Yuri!!! on Ice - Victor is into his Yuri's. (Will Keep Watching)

Will start some point this week: Hibike! Euphonium 2, Haikyuu!! S3 (Will be finishing S2 this week) and Gi(a)rlish Number.

I gotta say, this season (just like the others) looked so packed before I tried everything I wanted to out, and found that most of the new stuff wasn't for me. Pretty light season for me, which I actually appreciate.

I may actually give Thunderbolt a try during reading week. Now that I finished Stranger Things, I have that, TTGL and Luke Cage on my backlog. Oh and I guess Westworld, but I don't mind marathoning it when it's done.

Yeeeess. The Thunderbolt Fantasy hype was legit. It made me sad I wasn't following the show week-for-week despite the massive praise.

Also glad to see you returning to TTGL soon. ;)

Yeeeess. The Thunderbolt Fantasy hype was legit. It made me sad I wasn't following the show week-for-week despite the massive praise.

Also glad to see you returning to TTGL soon. ;)
Kinda crazy times for the next 2 or so weeks because of coop interviews and midterms, but I'm sorta hoping to catch up on my entertainment that week. I still haven't finished Cold Steel 2...

TheRancor

Oh shit, seriously? I guess I'll skip a few more then, lol.

Nevermind that, how did you even find that damn post, lol?
Yeah, as a result it extends to 30 episodes and at the time they had to release the last 4 episodes separately on DVD instead, technically making them an OVA.

Girlish Number 1

Yeah, I didn't enjoy this. Save for maybe this guy, everyone is too much of a giant gaping asshole to be funny, or even a character. (I'm willing to bet there is gonna come a point where these assholes need to be characters, and it's not gonna work.) I enjoy dark satirical humor, but it has to feel pointed and meaningful on some level, and nothing in episode felt a directed criticism of the industry. Like these two, what do they actually show about the anime industry? That these two just don't understand it or don't care? The episode doesn't really dive into the industry so much as it sets up cheap caricatures to knock down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom