• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: Whoops misread

But yes I did saw the credit to Mozart in Izetta's credits, perhaps I should rephrase as adapted? or included?

It's the original aria in its original orchestration, so MICHIRU didn't have anything to do with it. As you can tell from the other music in the episode MICHIRU's style is more along the lines of Ar Tonelico's soundtracks.

What's the best non-seasonal TV anime you guys have seen this year so far? I think mine's still Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls season 2.

Just gonna reiterate.

Majin Bone
Danball Senki
Mawaru Penguindrum's pretty good but I still need to finish that.

Gundam Wing is so fucking bad. I get upset just thinking about how much of an idiot everyone is and how everyone is an unlikable ass.

Should've watched the dub.

Yuri on Ice 02

g2Et1J1.jpg
GP7GtGc.jpg
uYKJx9s.jpg
S42mgsF.jpg

If I were a fujoshi this show would be my fuel

TheRancor

It's the original aria in its original orchestration, so MICHIRU didn't have anything to do with it. As you can tell from the other music in the episode MICHIRU's style is more along the lines of Ar Tonelico's soundtracks.
Ah okay, my knowledge in these pieces aren't extensive, thanks for clearing that up!

Line_HTX

Frankly, as a 15 year old I've done some stupid things around the same level as Nozomi but that's just how I'm justifying it for myself I suppose. Like mistakes happen, more so as a teenager. Natsuki also chimed in simply because she was "in the moment", quite telling.

I've done some stupid things myself at that age. You don't really think about consequences.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.27
jE8Y0Tm.jpg

Yes, and episode about Ikaruga and Mayura! I hope to God that they try to ship these two so we don't get any stupid love triangle crap later on. I mean, the episode used te same formula that has been done for the past month, but it was great having different characters involved and it worked really well!

Also, I really dig the new OP and ED!
yXwXHxW.gif

phaze

Bungou 14

Thought this was a distinct stepdown from the exquisite premiere in pretty much every department. That ending felt too conniving with Mimics betting on
their own guy 1:getting rescued in the first place 2: surviving the blasts.

I wonder how long this flashback arc will last, didn't expect it to get its own opening but I can't see it not ending in the next ep. So i guess we might get proper OP&ED in the #4.

Sound Euphonium 02

I need to drop this show or I will descend into the pits of waifuism.

I'm glad that KyoAni listened to my advice and nuked Hazuki and especially Sapphire into irrelevancy. Not having too suffer through the scenes of the latter is a substantial improvement.

I'm glad that KyoAni listened to my advice and nuked Hazuki and especially Sapphire into irrelevancy. Not having too suffer through the scenes of the latter is a substantial improvement.

They stopped pretending like they were important characters to the show like halfway through Season 1. It seems like only the ending animators haven't gotten the memo.

Cornbread78

Overwatch character.

Overwatch.

On Hazuki in Euphonium - I actually quite liked the focus on her and Natsuki in the extra episode. It was cool to see what her and the others who missed out on the competition got up to.

Midori on the other hand, was always meh at best.

Oh... Overwatch, huh? I would actually need to turn my PS4 back on.... I've been playing Tales of Xillia 2 since August, lol.

Line_HTX

Overwatch.

On Hazuki in Euphonium - I actually quite liked the focus on her and Natsuki in the extra episode. It was cool to see what her and the others who missed out on the competition got up to.

Midori on the other hand, was always meh at best.

Honestly, I never saw any point in having Midori around. It just feels like after the rejection that was going to be it and nothing more.

Yuri on Ice - 02

I like how energetic and fast paced this feels. That said, this episode turned the comedy up another notch where it became a bit much for my liking.

They did some changes to the OP btw. Increased color saturation, added more color, in particular those swirls and towards the end there's this blue outlined stadium background. I wonder if they keep working on it.

TrueBlue

Honestly, I never saw any point in having Midori around. It just feels like after the rejection that was going to be it and nothing more.

At the risk of sounding silly, Midori feels like the most "anime" character there, if you get me. Moé/cute tendencies and little else, which is a shame.

Hazuki at the very least has the viewpoint if a newbie going for her, as well as her time with the Monaka peeps. I also quite like her relationship with Shuichi post-rejection. It's obviously awkward, but I can dig the camraderie that resulted. No vilification on either end as well, which was nice.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't know how it's done across the pond, but in America we put our instruments in cases, not girls' chests.

Jarmel

Banned
So apparently the Yuri on Ice Op was indeed not finished. It's not totally different but the ending does feel more complete.

Quasar

Natsume Go 2 - Another nice episode. Nice to see Sasada, wish she'd be around more, though my understanding is she was quickly writren out of the manga moving away I guss thats tricky. Another episode where I'm sad for youkai and how they interact with humans.

Next week looks to be more connected to previous stories. Looking forward to this. This is great, given me such a great snuggly warm blanket this show does.

Yuri!!! on Ice 2:

Another good episode to back up the first one. The cast dynamic is becoming clearer in this episode, with both of the Yuris as well as Victor and the supporting cast. Everyone has some really good moments here. I thought there was a lot of really good comedy throughout the episode, and the visuals remained quite impressive, too. While there was no moment on par with Yuri's performance from the first episode, I'm definitely enjoying the show a lot. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of performances they come up with.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #26

I'm getting a bit tired of the Basara of the week storylines. They managed to make all of them feel different in one way or another, and also have different Heavenly Commander show up and all, so they're technically varied enough, but it still feels a little repetitive.
The new moves were pretty cool though, and the 'family' scenes are always nice.

Now onto 27. I've watched the OP already though. I'm liking it a lot.

That's a ripoff of Mercy there, Kiritobread.

;P

I'm fairly sure Twin Star Exorcists has been around longer ;P

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2:

Still not a super-fan of the humor of this show but I can manage. Anyway, this series is already a big contender for AOTS as fujoshi bait aside, I like the story it is trying to tell here as well as the interpersonal dynamics.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists #26

I'm getting a bit tired of the Basara of the week storylines. They managed to make all of them feel different in one way or another, and also have different Heavenly Commander show up and all, so they're technically varied enough, but it still feels a little repetitive.
The new moves were pretty cool though, and the 'family' scenes are always nice.

Now onto 27. I've watched the OP already though. I'm liking it a lot.

I'm fairly sure Twin Star Exorcists has been around longer ;P

Pretty nuch the same formula for ep.27, but with sone very nice changes.

Yuri!! on Ice 2
edit: damnit Kuwabara! Although I put that pic ironically, as an example of shit I would eliminate from the series.

All animeisms here really hurt the series, from the too humorous tone that at this point is a cliche to the gratuitous yaoi baiting to the unrealistic, exaggerated characters (like the other younger Yuri), or the triplets, which server as the equivalent of mascots in other animes. Otherwise it could be a fine sports series, as the other scenes are good.

Ehh this season seems to be weak, except for 3-gatsu. I think i will drop Izetta if it doesn't improve in the next two episodes, and the same with Yuri.

Line_HTX

At the risk of sounding silly, Midori feels like the most "anime" character there, if you get me. Moé/cute tendencies and little else, which is a shame.

Hazuki at the very least has the viewpoint if a newbie going for her, as well as her time with the Monaka peeps. I also quite like her relationship with Shuichi post-rejection. It's obviously awkward, but I can dig the camraderie that resulted. No vilification on either end as well, which was nice.

Yeah, I'm happy that there were no ill feelings anywhere at the end. Probably the best result to happen from a rejection.

jgminto

Yuri on Ice 2
I want Victor to call me piggy.

That was a really fun episode. It had great energy and Yurio adds another fun dynamic to the show. I loved how social media is a realised element in this show, it gives it real world grounding that you don't get in a lot of anime while also making for some great jokes. I'm pretty sure it also referenced G Gundam so show of the season.

TrueBlue

Yeah, I'm happy that there were no ill feelings anywhere at the end. Probably the best result to happen from a rejection.

Aye. I also liked how Shuichi was firm in his rejection. Nipped any potential misgivings in the bud.

Hell, I can actually quite liked the guy throughout Season 1. Sacrilege maybe, but I thought he was decently developed considering his limited screentime. Some of his scenes with Kumiko were pretty great as well, particularly in Episode 12.

Gvitor

Euphonium 2 x 02

Welp, thought the pool scene was going to be longer. Almost all of it was in one conversation, we barely got any time of the "main" (if we can call it that, at this point) gang.

But the second part was pretty good as well. Kumiko acting like a protagonist and meddling in everyone's problems. Though why in the world would you tell Reina to go after Taki now? At least graduate first, girl. Or change schools, at the very least.

Thoraxes

Well it sure did a poor job of it then since I watched the entire thing and could barely tell what the heck was going on or why most of the time.

It can't just be because it's Tomino show since while there where a few minor things I had trouble with in the orginal Gundam movie trilogy I could understand most of it just fine.
I'm not blaming the show and I understood it all just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom