• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Kuromukuro - Episode 17

Oh boy, wasn't expecting that upgrade.
Too bad the aerial combat scene isn't as good as the one Garo had. But then again, they both survived so we'll probably have a rematch later on. The backpack has to be Skull Knight right? Pretty badass. Wonder what else is going no behind the scenes.
Not really a fan of how they're still dragging out the alien mystery, but at least each episode has something fun in it.

jonjonaug

Yuri on Ice 2: I adore this show with every fiber of my being.

I heard a rumor that American AnimeGAFers who don't watch Shin Godzilla are getting mass banned soon. Don't know where that rumor came from, but better safe than sorry right?

I've had my tickets since they went up, gonna go see it on Saturday.

TUSR

Banned
But, there's lolis that are older than they look in an edgelord post-apocalyptic world that would make Shadow the Hedgehog look like a Porygon 2 in comparison... and the opening even starts exactly like Attack on Titan's!

Let's face it, you wish you had a sempai and two lolis lusting after you like Ren "da boss" taro.

It's sitting nicely alongside Dangaronpa 3 on the list of anime series I wish I could un-watch somehow.

oh i meant just watching shitty anime

FMA: Brotherhood EP 54

Envy died like a bitch

That armstrong vs sloth fight was pretty cool

kinda digging this part over the first anime adaptation

TUSR

Banned
But there's shitty anime, and then there's Black Bullet. To me, not even Cross Ange and other such awful shows I've watched come close to being as dumb and creatively bankrupt as it.

I ended up not watching anime for nearly a decade outside of casual shows. Black Bullet was one of the first things I watched when I started to watch again.

You know, they need to make a horror anime with that Aku no Hana rotoscoping, a big problem with horror in animation is that the aesthetic still looks so damn pretty/neat and clean. Aku no Hana looks "ugly" and unsettling, would be great for horror.

Kantai Collection Kancolle 01-03

NjkrswK.png

Taking a break from my Gundam only life to watch some less intense anime/more colorful fun stuff. Starting with this since I keep seeing its characters everywhere. Also this opening is way to damn good for this show.

It's stupid so far but I'm giving it at least 5 episodes of attention before moving to something else unless something interesting happens which I highly doubt will happen.

Theres no way they would kill a character in this right? Have one more episode to make me convinced.

Hibike! Euphonium S2 02

Cuo1gvuWIAAnLgA.jpg

I prefer her with glasses.

I get the feeling this second year drama stuff is just played up because otherwise there would be nothing but multiple practicing episodes back to back to back until the actual competition.

Yuri on Ice 02

Tsundere Yuri the best. Anywho, another great episode, more of a training/setup episode than anything else but it least we now know the direction the story will be taking.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kantai Collection Kancolle 01-03

Theres no way they would kill a character in this right?
Heh!

Hibike! Euphonium S2 02

I get the feeling this second year drama stuff is just played up because otherwise there would be nothing but multiple practicing episodes back to back to back until the actual competition.
So Film Crit Hulk is going to complain about the death of episodic anime?

Qurupeke

Life sucks. I feel so terrible.

Yuri on Ice 2

The humor is kind of obnoxious, but I really love how fast the pacing is and the more lighthearted nature of the show is certainly delightful. I didn't expect I'd enjoy the show so much. The two Yuris and Victor are some great protagonists and the secondary cast is rather fun. Also, this is some A+ level of teasing. Victor kept asking Yuri if he had any girlfriends, like this is the important question there. heh

Aki-at

Kotoura-san - End

Series started off strongly but went off a cliff somewhere on the mid point, after which the laughing dried up as the same gags were repetitively used and all that was left for me was a heavy handed approach at drama. 5/10

Yuri!! on Ice ep.2
Not into the yaoi side of things but overall this show keeps on being watchable.

Thunderbolt Fantasy ep.4
OP is pure gold! A gripe of mine is though that the names on the subs don't seem to match what they say so sometimes it can get a little bit confusing.

JulianImp

Help guys, I can't watch anime due to my dial-up-tier internet connection at my AirBnB apartment, and I think the anime deprivation's getting to me (not depravation, mind you). If only Crunchy would be more general with their buffering and actually had a crap-tier video setting like YouTube's 144p, then I might've been able to actually watch anything, but as it is right now I'm even forced to skim through most posts in here to avoid spoiling myself.

I ended up not watching anime for nearly a decade outside of casual shows. Black Bullet was one of the first things I watched when I started to watch again.

...Oh... You have my condolences.

It must've been a rather rude awakening to see such a PoS show such as Black Bullet after a long hiatus from anime as a whole.

Cornbread78

Mob Psycho ep.3
wiNl5D6.jpg

My goodness did he just completely fu(k that guys day all up. I guess he is able to show some emotion, lol. That ending was great and I really will I could have found an image of that ghost's circular hole in it's body, because it was perfect with the backdrop.

Good stuff.

blurr

Started reading Kizumonogatari novel, looking at the pace at which I'm reading I might finish it soon. Pretty excited to watch the movie afterwards.

Some first impressions: I have heard the movie is more on visuals than words which is something I'm glad about going through the book;
he literally spent nearly 5-10 pages on or relating to Hanekawa's panties - it went from funny to down-right frustrating.
Much of his monologues are more bearable in the anime than in written form thanks to coherent visuals and/or typography. It's not that they are particularly bad, they are funny at times but when it's not, it's just frustrating.

JulianImp

Started reading Kizumonogatari novel, looking at the pace at which I reading I might finish it soon. Pretty excited to watch the movie afterwards.

Some first impressions: I have heard the movie is more on visuals than words which is something I'm glad about going through the book;
he literally spent nearly 5-10 pages on or relating to Hanekawa's panties - it went from funny to down-right frustrating.
Much of his monologues are more bearable in the anime than in written form thanks to coherent visuals and/or typography. It's not that they are particularly bad, they are funny at times but when it's not, it's just frustrating.

The movies pulled off the impressive feat of doing without a single internal monologue while retaining their series' identity, so they're definitely must-watches if you end up liking the light novel.

I'd seriously recommend not watching the first movie until you can watch the second right after though, because the first ends in one hell of a cliffhanger, while the wait from the second part to the third is more bearable in comparison.

Flip Flappers - 2

I lost it when
the green rabbit mascot thing turned into a muscular dude. I hope it does that every time they go to Pure Illusion.

blurr

The movies pulled off the impressive feat of doing without a single internal monologue while retaining their series' identity, so they're definitely must-watches if you end up liking the light novel.

I'd seriously recommend not watching the first movie until you can watch the second right after though, because the first ends in one hell of a cliffhanger, while the wait from the second part to the third is more bearable in comparison.

Yep, my initial intention was to wait until all three movies are out while reading the book but I might just succumb and wait for two of them at least.

Watching sport anime YoI without being a fujoshi it's like going out to dinner and skipping the cake.

With all the shows I like (Gintama, Haikyuu, Osomatsu) I'm like halfway to fujo status already

Why does my cartoon look so cartoon-ish? I can't believe they are giving a massive series like Pokemon such a small budget. I wish Madhouse or Ufotable would just do all anime, then we wouldn't have this problem.

People complaining about Pokemon Sun and Moon's looks remind me of when the Sonic fanbase complained about Sonic's eyes being green back when Sonic 4 was announced.

I mean, yeah Sonic 4 deserved all the criticism that it got, but you would not believe how much of it involved people yelling about "GREEN EYES" in some way or form.

Keijo - 02

Full of simple close-up shots. Just a complete visual bore.

I did have a laugh or two at the supremely stupid butt-exercise regimen, though. Ass-tronomy ain't bad either.

But yeh, it's just so boring to watch. Dropped.

People complaining about Pokemon Sun and Moon's looks remind me of when the Sonic fanbase complained about Sonic's eyes being green back when Sonic 4 was announced.

I mean, yeah Sonic 4 deserved all the criticism that it got, but you would not believe how much of it involved people yelling about "GREEN EYES" in some way or form.

They are Sonic fans for a reason.

blurr

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou 02

This show strongly reminds me of Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan on DS. It carries the same vibe.

Some cool visuals towards the end when Agetarou finally gets to play.

Girlish Number 01

Very natural and fluid initial moments leading up to the intro credits with the song-dance performance. I was really impressed by that. The sense of confidence in the way it handles itself extended to most of the episode with dialogue work and character interactions. Rest assured, it had my attention through out. I was internally monologuing about how natural it felt. Visually ranged from some very good shots to some noticeably awkward character art at times. Animation had little stand out moments, there was definitely room for a lot of good character animation through body language. Instead we get brief moments of reaction faces and voices making for some fun little moments but I could definitely take more than that.

Much of its appeal is its characters of course but in terms of characterization they're not the sort you would like very much as a person. I'm willing to accept that despite them making some irksome comments, more so, since they are aware of how harsh they can be. The cat fights will be worth it.

Producer and investor trying to exploit cheap labour to make something that hinges almost solely on popularity to make a quick buck?! how ridiculous! Despite the sketchy sequences between them I honestly can't really say it's not entirely realistic. I have seen something at least close to this degree of ridiculousness be discussed seriously. Clearly this is heading somewhere I care for.

Cuqd4IpUEAE1gaW.jpg

BEEN THERE

Exalted

Keijo!!!!!! episode 2

That ass training segment was ridiculous. Butt gatling and vacuum butt cannon also got a chuckle from me.

Occultic;Nine 1

So I decided to check this out against my better judgement.

I don't know if the director knows this, but finishing an episode shouldn't feel like a herculean task.

phaze

So they're animators.

That's a thick brush you're using.

Pretty sure I'm only currently watching march comes in like Tony the tiger and working

Pls watch Bungou 13, it's a start of standalone flashback arc, you don't need any prior viewing of the show. (Just don't drop it when "that" scene arrives, I swear it's the only one of the kind in that ep.)

Flip Flappers 02

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . The character dynamics (and the rest of the script truthfully)in this are dull as dishwater. Next episode I'm gonna take a shot everytime a needless "Cocona !!" is spewed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom