• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Speacking of Kirito

AA3WBhL.jpg

1) Kirito
2) ?
3) ?
4) ?
5) Bastard Subaru

Girls:

1) ?
2) ?
3) Rem
4) Asuna
5) ?

Maybe I’m blind, but who are the others?

Sound! Euphonium S2 3:

This was an absolutely gorgeous episode with a lot to unpack in it. The conversation between Asuka and Kumiko was a great scene, with some fantastic lighting, and the concluding scene of the episode was really gorgeous as well. I also thought the fireworks scene was pretty nice, and some of the backgrounds there were really different from the normal art style of the series.

There was some heavy content here, between Asuka's revelation of why she isn't letting Nozomi come back and Hashimoto's conversation about Taki, and the episode treated these scenes with the appropriate weight. The scene with Kumiko talking to Yuko was a really nice one, too. There was some really nice character moments in there, and Yuko has pretty strongly established herself as a treasure now. I like how well the show is doing at balancing all of the important characters and storylines. The whole situation with Yoroizuka and Nozomi seems like it's going to be pretty difficult to resolve, and I'm not sure where anyone goes from here.

sasuke_91

Welcome back, Cornbread :)

Just reminds me only a few more months until:

tumblr_oefhh9jHFC1vgzd4so8_r2_500.gif

There'll be another season again? Can't wait to expect nothing and still be disappointed by this one.

I miss Cajun.

and Corvo.

I knew these two since I joined GAF. What happened to Cajun?

I just lost my mind laughing:

aWzy5kp.jpg

Oh shit I laughed more at this than I expected.

1) Kirito
2) ?
3) ?
4) ?
5) Bastard Subaru

Girls:

1) ?
2) ?
3) Rem
4) Asuna
5) ?

Seems like you haven't watched Koe no Katachi yet.
Or the Monogatari Series...

Cornbread78

Wolf's Rain ep. 21
vuR8vWc.png

I gotta say, watching the wolf bros completely destroy the soldiers with guns was pretty damn satisfying. IT sucks that we got, yet another, friggen kidnapping, but it was another really good episode with action and adventure.

Jex

Cardcaptor Sakura 01-09
I guess I did not entirely know what to expect going in to this, but the quality of the production kind of knocked me off my feet. There is a really strong sense of motion, whether it comes in the small scenes of Sakura skating around, elements being swept and directed through magic, or the swings between expressive facial animations. Just beyond that the cast feels multilayered and extremely likable in a way that drags me in and has me wanting to see more. Each episode's contained story feels well realized and creates strong ties between elements of reality and whatever magical cards happen to come into play. Really looking forward to watching more.

Yeah the animation for the first few episodes of CCS really stands out, especially compared to it's contemporaries. Unfortunately it really can't maintain that level of production throughout (it is mere TV anime, after all).

Likewise, the tightness of the early episodes storytelling slowly erodes until the series starts to feel rather fat and repetitive. This is especially noticeable when compared to something like Doremi which manages to tell satisfying one-off stories and develop a wider and more complicated cast than most Magical Girl shows

Cornbread78

You don't even recognize Araragi and Hanekawa?
cornbread

You don't recognize her after watching like + 50 eps of Mono ?

Damn, the images were small I couldn't see, but yeah, I should have known....

tumblr_o5cgywS5OK1rw29xmo3_500.gif

I really need to watch Kizu and finish the last couple episodes of Koyo (I think I forgot to watch them)

1)Welcome back, Cornbread :)
2) Seems like you haven't watched Koe no Katachi yet.
Or the Monogatari Series...
3)I knew these two since I joined GAF. What happened to Cajun?
3a)That's why you never post outside of Community threads I guess.

1) Thank you!
2) watched lots and lots of *monogatari, lol, but no Silent Voice yet.
3)/3a)Let's just say it actually happened in here and I hope it never happens again.... That was a bad day man, bad bad day... : (

Eupho S2 - 03

Yup, like season one this show varies from meh direction (ep1) to fantastic (this one), depending on the episode and thus largely episode director I want to say.

Didn't expect those tidbits about Taki's past and Asuka's reasoning concerning Nozomi's return had more layers to it than I originally thought.

Also appreciated having some more scenes focusing on the music and practice this time.

Jex

IShelter
That was an ok music video. Not something that would be very interesting longer than that though.

Was it though? Not only was there quite a bit of narration, but I can't say I was particularly enthralled by how the visuals were matched to the audio.
Tiger Mask W, One Piece and Dragon Ball Super all on Saturday now.

fucking toei

Wouldn't you rather have one day of sweet anime? That seems more convenient!

Cornbread78

i can't believe sound eupho is 4 eps in and i still haven't found the time to watch yet
what am i doing

You are not alone my friend... It's that 1hr first episode.....

Twin Star Exorcists ep.28
BSYJq02.jpg

(this isn't him)

Damn, the strongest of the 12 Guardian's is a complete OP badda$$. I mean, he tore through our "Basara of the week" in one shot! Still a good episode, but they have to stop teasing all these mysteries and start answering questions dammit! How many "filler" episodes in total will there be? Only 10, right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Eupho 1:
Fukken second years always starting shit. First years just wanna play music.

Ye0X5fP.png

sasuke_91

Nope. It was an incident in here that banned a lot of frequent posters.

Let's just say it actually happened in here and I hope it never happens again.... That was a bad day man, bad bad day... : (

Oh okay, guess I won't ask any further. It's a public forum, so I might be able to dig out and see what happened if I'm ever curious enough (I probably shouldn't).
Thanks for the answers.

What's the general consensus on Kiss Him, Not Me in here? The synopsis sounds like this would make for a decent comedy anime.

Cornbread78

Oh okay, guess I won't ask any further. It's a public forum, so I might be able to dig out and see what happened if I'm ever curious enough (I probably shouldn't).
Thanks for the answer.

*Summer of 2015*

I'm pretty sure Evilore deleted most of the posts, if that tells you anything...

Thud

Rose of Versailles 6

Marie went to Paris after two and a half years. So three years have past since episode 1 and none of the characters look older. Antoinette-san you can't keep looking like a 14 year old, they'll sue the king for being a pedophile.

Anyway the plot progresses smoothly. Orleans tries and Oscar intervenes, or actually it was Andre that noticed it. That kid probably dies in a few episodes or something. While that is going on, new characters are introduced that probably will change the equilibrium. That girl that thinks she's from a noble house, but it's actually her adoptive sister. For now we'll have to with that Fersen, finally someone with skills.

How many mirrors will survive, watch it next time on Mirror High School Z.

Joe Molotov

After watching anime for ~20 years, I've finally definitively confirmed that rural SoL anime is the best anime. I don't have anything else to add, just wanted to share this fact with the thread.

Yuri on Ice - 03

Comedy worked for me quite well this episode. Wish they were subtler with the yaoi but what can you do.

I continue enjoying the energy and pace of Yuri on Ice. And by this point I'm damn impressed by the amount of quality ice skating animation we're shown. I can't imagine they'll be able to keep this up but if it happens after all, I'm just the happier for it.

TUSR

Banned
After watching anime for ~20 years, I've finally definitively confirmed that rural SoL anime is the best anime. I don't have anything else to add, just wanted to share this fact with the thread.

I only have 1 episode of Non Non Biyori left.

Thanks for reminding me.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 3:

I don't think I am ever going to be a big fan of the humor of this show, still beter then 3 Lion in that regard though. Also, they need better montage music but outside of that this was another stellar episode.

Gvitor

Euphonium 03

I love this show so much. I'm liking this shift to the supporting cast instead of the other 2 "main" girls, like people have said before in previous episodes.

And the opening song really grew on me. It's really good. But the OP itself, man... what's with this weird effects in the intro, with framing and blurriness and all in black-and-white... =(

DiGiKerot

1) Kirito
2) ?
3) ?
4) ?
5) Bastard Subaru

Girls:

1) ?
2) ?
3) Rem
4) Asuna
5) ?

No4 dude and No2 lass are the leads from hit Makoto Shinkai film Kimi no Na Wa/Your Name.

6-10 for guys are Hayate Immelmann (Macross Delta), Guts (Bererk), Char Azable (Gundam the Origin), Hachiman (Snafu) and Jotaro (Jojo).

For girls, it's Reina (Sound Eupho), Saber (Fate/whatever), Yui (K-On), Senyogahara (monogatari) and Shinobu (Monogatari)

Euphonium 03

I love this show so much. I'm liking this shift to the supporting cast instead of the other 2 "main" girls, like people have said before in previous episodes.

And the opening song really grew on me. It's really good. But the OP itself, man... what's with this weird effects in the intro, with framing and blurriness and all in black-and-white... =(

Ishihara makes bad OPs (except for his Nichijou ones, which are OK). That's all there is to it.

Exalted

Mushishi Episode 3-5

All the stories have been great so far, and quite interesting. I'm actually enjoying this far more than Natsume ( curently on S4) which is also a supernatural SOL show, i think it's probably due to Mushishi just having an overall better pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom