• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
91 days 1 dub

Hey this is a great dub! I really liked Avilio and Fango's VA, they both fit very well. Loving the accents too.

If I had one hick it was kid Angelo/Avilio's voice, but ir wasn't anything bad really.

Rewatching this first episode was great fun, that first episode was ace. Give me a few episodes and I'm sure I'll end up finding the dub better then the sub. Happens 90% of the time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Girlish Number - 3
4klmubTl.jpg

Chitose is love.

Eovirf9l.jpg

I really hope they go into the "art" of anime acting at some point. It seems to be a plot point with Shibasaki, but I wonder if it will actually become a thing they bring up. Certainly it reminds me of the divide between theatre actors and film actors in terms of who is more "serious" at their craft that gets presented on screen over and over again (it was a key plot element of Birdman, for example).

SOLDIER

So I saw a webm on Twitter about a certain scene from Vivid Strike.

Did the Nanoha series just become unwatchable trash after StrikerS? I wasn't even the biggest fan of the third season for the way it crammed a billion characters down our throats, but I really liked the first two seasons.

So I saw a webm on Twitter about a certain scene from Vivid Strike.

Did the Nanoha series just become unwatchable trash after StrikerS? I wasn't even the biggest fan of the third season for the way it crammed a billion characters down our throats, but I really liked the first two seasons.

Thankfully, we're getting Nanoha Reflection next year, starring the cast as they were in A's.

JulianImp

While Dimension W wasn't very special it had cool robots/androids and an awesome opening.

...Man, I forgot this show was a thing... I remember watching it up to episode nine or ten and then forgetting that it ever existed. It mostly was a paint-by-the-numbers dystopia from what I remember, but it also had some pretty unfortunate male gaze on the teenage-looking robot girl protagonist in some scenes.

The overall coil subplot never felt like it really mattered, even though I remember the MC having survived some crazy coil-powered catastrophe and losing his lover in the process or something. Things often felt way too rushed and barebones with the guy with the disfigured face never really amounting all that much despite being shoved down our throats on the final episodes, and the big megacorporation that was obviously hiding the problems their technology caused appeared to be more of a background element that happened to kick-start the plot and did some stufff every now and then than a key player in the show (I don't think we ever got to look into the organization or the big guys who ran it at all).

It was probably just an excuse for the costume designer to come up with lots of different clothes for Mira, anyway.

Cornbread78

Occultic;Nine ep.3
Much better than the last 2 episodes! It's good that the show is getting better and better as we go along primarily because the little tid bits of story they (shittily) introduced in ep.1 are finally coming into play! Hopefully, they keep building up the mirder mystery part of the show, which some really good potential.

Fairly good actually. The cast is mostly well balanced on almost all fronts from piloting to commanding. I never actually considered it but now that you bring it up that is somewhat unusual. The women don't feel like just love interests and there's an actual character arc for Maya in Exodus which is pretty interesting.
Ooh, that sounds very promising thanks. :D
I'm one person and I am looking for quality storytelling.
I was using the singular "they", to be gender neutral. Sorry for the snark.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans S1 - 01

With the second season already airing I might as well watch the first as I've heard generally positive things about it, I never watched a Gundam show, and it's been really long since I've watched a good mecha.

This episode was hype as fuck, animation top-notch, no character came off as an annoying trope, and music was nice. Hope it lasts throughout the series.

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep. 54
Happy!!!! No, Happy no! Give me my mascot back dammit! Who cares about lost arts girl; I need my Happy! Oh man, the next episode could be as all the groups are getting jumped by different dark guilds, and Jellal!?! Wait, what, isn't he also
the other Sr. member of Fairy Tale that just died because of Laxus' crap?
dis could get crazy...

Fairy Tail ep. 54

Happy!!!! No, Happy no! Give me my mascot back dammit! Who cares about lost arts girl; I need my Happy! Oh man, the next episode could be as all the groups are getting jumped by different dark guilds, and Jellal!?! Wait, what, isn't he also
the other Sr. member of Fairy Tale that just died because of Laxus' crap?
dis could get crazy...

I can't wait to see your reaction to the Edolas arc.

Oh, is it good or maddening?

I need to start watching more of this show again rather than an episode here and there.

It's all right. It has some plot decisions that I find questionable nowadays, but I like it overall.

It actually has one of my favourite fights and OSTs in the show, if that says anything. I think you'll like it.

Happy does gets a badass moment in it.

Jarmel

Banned
So does anyone have a timeline of how long it roughly takes to produce a show? The more examples the better. I'm not talking so much the preproduction which can go on for essentially forever but the actual production side.

duckroll

So does anyone have a timeline of how long it roughly takes to produce a show? The more examples the better. I'm not talking so much the preproduction which can go on for essentially forever but the actual production side.

You can't exclude preproduction because how much preproduction is done before production starts directly affects how smooth the production process takes. There is no fixed formula for this but in general I'll say a brand new series tends to take about two years from greenlight to release.

ClassicaLoid 3

This show is at its best when everyone is tripping balls on Musik, mainly because outside of those scenes, it's pretty fugly.

I'm mainly sticking around for the gyoza plot.

blurr

Much praise for Kuromukuro, maybe I should watch it after I get around to Grimgar and Tanaka-kun.

Last non-airing mecha I watched is Gunbuster I think lol.

Started a free trial for Funimation's streaming service for Fafner and a few shows. They don't have Fafner subbed in HD, only the dub. ._.

Exalted

What's the consensus on Bungo Stray Dogs btw? now that S2 is airing right now.

S2 has been great so far, the first arc of S2 BSD has been one of my favourites in this year. I enjoyed the mafia and drama themes in it far more than in 91days. S1 is another story, it's ok, but not really something special, it has a unique style of humour that not everyone is fond of.

phaze

There is none?

Would say it's decent to good with S2 so far being easily one of the best things this season. (Though now that the flashback ended, it's likely to go back to what it was)

Cornbread78

Much praise for Kuromukuro, maybe I should watch it after I get around to Grimgar and Tanaka-kun.
Last non-airing mecha I watched is Gunbuster I think lol.

Uggh, I couldn't even finish S1 of Bunghole.

Grimgar is a decent watch; hopefully we get s second season in the near future.

Szadek

I should really stop watching some really shitty anime just because one of the girls has pink hair. That's always how they get me.
The most recent example for that is Trickster.

Anyway, I watched s1 of Bungou Stray Dogs and, even though it's supposed to be good, I just don't give enough fucks to watch season 2.

Okusama ga Seitokaichou! S2 04

Hayato is quickly getting to the point that he will have felt up Rin's tits more than Ui's. You dog you.

Shuumatsu no Izetta 04

Maid just did all of that to show off Izetta's Izettas. Think her revealing her weakness to all of them was a mistake though. Screams something that will result in a betrayal.

WWW.Working!! 04

Daisuke is a better character than Souta ever was because he simply does not want to be bothered with anyone's shit at all and puts his foot down a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom