• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

KyoAni doing a show about dragons next then:
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/93926

Wikipedia said:
One night, an office worker named Kobayashi comes across an injured dragon named Tohru who had come from another world. Wanting to repay Kobayashi's hospitality, Tohru starts living with her as a maid, soon attracting the attention of other dragons who come to the human world.

This will be the first Kyoto Animation show without a student protagonist since the second half of Clannad After Story.

/XX/

So does anyone have a timeline of how long it roughly takes to produce a show? The more examples the better. I'm not talking so much the preproduction which can go on for essentially forever but the actual production side.
The supposed Bamboo Blade production schedule timetable:

nakatp.gif
http://bakudon.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bb-sched.gif

This is the translated version of the original timetable from the leaked archive written in Japanese, and present on one of the articles compiled by Mandoric about economic matters of the animation production business in Japan (http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124638479&postcount=7476). Time after time in the past, many people have assumed this schedule as sole baseline for that kind of question; due to the lack of further disclosure from production teams, and at a time direct communication of the fandom with entities like those was more unexpected.

You could also check SHIROBAKO's Exodus! ideal and the "struggle-bound" revised schedules too... they certainly have some basis on reality after all, isn't it? :p

Jarmel

Banned

This is the translated version of the original timetable from the leaked archive written in Japanese, and present on one of the articles compiled by Mandoric about economic matters of the animation production business in Japan (http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=124638479&postcount=7476). Time after time in the past, many people have assumed this schedule as sole baseline for that kind of question; due to the lack of further disclosure from production teams, and at a time direct communication of the fandom with entities like those was more unexpected.

You could also check SHIROBAKO's Exodus! ideal and the "struggle-bound" revised schedules too... they certainly have some basis on reality after all, isn't it? :p

Thanks a lot, I'll burn through that later today!

blurr

Wow, very cool.

/XX/

Thanks a lot, I'll burn through that later today!
Wow, very cool.
Even though I think there isn't enough information available about these production matters, because of how inadequate they find to air the many times stressful and unpleasant working conditions, some recent 'making of' documentaries have been more in-depth lately than I would have imagined they would share years ago.

We shouldn't be using lone and ancient examples of leaked schedules to illustrate such fundamental points, anyway. If only animation production companies gave as much information about schedules as production support ones like Studio Wanpack do...

JulianImp

Genre:
Comedy, Yuri

Somebody get SDBurton on the phone......

So, "My little dragon maid can't possibly be this into me"? Sounds like wholesome fun for the whole family, I reckon!

Also, my trusty McDonald's hotspot betrayed me for some reason, so no anime watching for me today, either...

e_i

I hope KyoAni keeps the Saikawa and Kanna scene from the manga in the TV version iof Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

Cornbread78

Hell yeah, only a couple months away!!!

So, "My little dragon maid can't possibly be this into me"? Sounds like wholesome fun for the whole family, I reckon!

Also, my trusty McDonald's hotspot betrayed me for some reason, so no anime watching for me today, either...

No good, that blows brotha. You need to get that internet fixed!

3-gatsu ep.3
oCrzDbV.gif

Something felt off here, but not really in a really bad way, just felt different and I can’t place it. I really appreciated the use of color to depict mood, the tone, the ambiance and the artistry of episode 1. Episode 2 took a step back from that and then this episode mixed everything together from those two. I was trying to find the correlation between balloons and the angst and or discomfort of the match with his long standing rival, but couldn’t, unless they are just trying to say, he is happiest when he is playing Shogi, especially against the big guy? I didn’t mind getting introduced to one of his childhood rivals, however, I’m not completely sure but I’m not sure what imagery they were trying to obtain there. T

With that being said, the ending was emotional and very strong artistically. While I don’t understand the “holiday” they were celebrating (like a non-military Memorial Day), they did a really good job with the middle aged daughter and her emotional struggle without her parents. It was also really well done that where Rei couldn’t not find a way to support her verbally because of his own issues, but still made a presence known physically. His general apathy while she was balling her eyes out was also pretty sad to watch, and the artwork was beautiful and dark.

She's
9MKT6z5.gif

6EUXDtM.png

Damn.... Dude is broken as hell..

blurr

March comes in like a lion 03

Thank you Kiriyama for the detailed analysis and narrative exposition for what I can see clearly with my eyes. This aspect of the show is holding it back from being more impressive than it is.

Towards the end of the episode I can sort of see where the story is going which is very interesting.

Qurupeke

Flip Flappers 3
How many episodes have I missed...?

The show can certainly be eccentric and throw in so many random elements. The concept of pure illusion gives so much freedom that every episode so far keeps surprising me. A mysterious snow world, a rabbit themed industry-forest fusion and a Mad Max-esque desert planet. And that lewd villainess, I have no idea if she was part of the latest illusion or the bigger picture. Tbh, I don't even know if I want to see a more proper plot, the mystery and the atmosphere are just perfect as they are. I guess it's inevitable they'll delve more into the "origins" of Pure Illusion, the mysterious evil organization and Dr. Salt, but I'm really enjoying the girls' misadventures even without context.

JulianImp

Me, 5 years ago

That's all fine and dandy, but I didn't expect to come across an internet connection this bad in Japan nowadays... it's horrible for nearly everything, ranging from Amazon shopping to watching CR to playing any kind of online game... it's pretty despair-inducing.

Flip Flappers 3

How many episodes have I missed...?

The show can certainly be eccentric and throw in so many random elements. The concept of pure illusion gives so much freedom that every episode so far keeps surprising me. A mysterious snow world, a rabbit themed industry-forest fusion and a Mad Max-esque desert planet. And that lewd villainess, I have no idea if she was part of the latest illusion or the bigger picture. Tbh, I don't even know if I want to see a more proper plot, the mystery and the atmosphere are just perfect as they are. I guess it's inevitable they'll delve more into the "origins" of Pure Illusion, the mysterious evil organization and Dr. Salt, but I'm really enjoying the girls' misadventures even without context.

Same here. I fear the whole plot will get in the way of the girl's random misadventures, and I really don't care about the evil cultists that will probably be forcing Dr. Salt's hand in having the girls make haste in the race for the McGuffins.

blurr

That's all fine and dandy, but I didn't expect to come across an internet connection this bad in Japan nowadays... it's horrible for nearly everything, ranging from Amazon shopping to watching CR to playing any kind of online game... it's pretty despair-inducing.

Seriously? aren't there a lot of plans available in Japan for good internet

JulianImp

Seriously? aren't there a lot of plans available in Japan for good internet

Seriously. I thought I misread when the host wrote 25 KBps, but hey, he was right!

The best part is we need decent internet to work on the game we'll be relasing in a couple weeks, so we've been visiting McDonald's regularily for their Wi-Fi (too bad plugs and internet connection appear to be mutually exclusive in most of their stores).

blurr

Seriously. I thought I misread when the host wrote 25 KBps, but hey, he was right!

The best part is we need decent internet to work on the game we'll be relasing in a couple weeks, so we've been visiting McDonald's regularily for their Wi-Fi (too bad plugs and internet connection appear to be mutually exclusive in most of their stores).

haha, looks like I'm not the only one with the 2 week deadline for game release :p

funny thing is, internet's stopping you of all the things but for me it is my health, haven't been to work for 3 days

kewlmyc

Dragonball Super 47-63

Wow. Other than silly time travel bullshit (
There being a total of 3 different Zamasus in the plot
), this arc has been fantastic so far. It's easy to pick up on everything despite me only having seen Battle of the Gods and Resurrection 'F'.

Qurupeke

Euphonium S2 3
Euphonium continues to be excellent. Not much to say other than praise, I just hope they won't drag the drama for the whole season, but I'm certain they won't, as there's still the competition that will undoubtedly be the focus of the last few episodes. I was fond of Natsuki and Yuuko, so I'm glad they have more prominent roles this season, while less interesting characters like Sapphire and Hazuki are taking a backseat. And more importantly, even if Reina has little to do with the current plotline, she still has plenty of screentime, the director surely knows which characters matter.

I should also mention (for the millionth time), how much I like Kumiko. The voice acting couldn't be any better and she's still a lot of fun to watch. The scenes with Reina are especially good, just perfect chemistry.

I'm reading the manga right now and goddamn they bumped her breast size up a few numbers.
Yeah that's the other thing I noticed, her boobs in the manga are a bit more modest. I mean when she takes off the outfit she's certainly not small but when she's in her normal maid outfit her boobs don't stand out at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom