• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

I kind of want to go back and look at the reactions to the first episode of mha since I recall people here being fairly negative to it and we've seen how it's exploded.

In terms of raw sales yes, but One Piece/Oda hasn't surpassed Toriyama. He still is attached to Dr. Slump, Dragon Ball, and tons of video game series, most notably Dragon Quest.

Oda can probably get there in a decade or so. He already makes something like 2,000,000,000 yen a year in royalties. Hes like sacrificing his health for dreams, just like Luffy!

It's sad that Medaka Box was a underrated series.

Line_HTX

I kind of want to go back and look at the reactions to the first episode of mha since I recall people here being fairly negative to it and we've seen how it's exploded.

Pretty sure even some of the biggest fans on this site acknowledged that Season 1 wasn't handled well to say the least.

Maedhros

It's cookiecutter shonen battle manga, but it's pretty good.

The reason why I think it's better than the rest is because it hasn't passed its expiration date yet.

I agree. I feel it's pretty innofensive so far, at least in the manga. There are even some good things there. But I can see myself trashing it very fast if the author fuck up at some point.

Black Clover, Episode 1 - So I'm thinking I will wind up sticking with the dub once Funimation starts it because the MC's voice here was super obnoxious. Didn't help that he was constantly yelling all of his lines.

First impressions were pretty meh. The show feels like "Discount Naruto" so far, so I'm hoping it actually branches off into it's own identity.

download.png

He's innocent!

INNOCENT I SAY!

Daemul

I guess it was only a matter of time before Black Clover got it's anime debut and got introduced to the non-manga reading world, especially after that stealth OVA it got last year. Though Crunchyroll may be going overboard a bit here.

Lets see how it does.

With some male cast? lol it won't. All girls or bust.

Tfw 3 out of the 5 top selling anime of the summer season are ones with all female main casts and a healthy dose of yuri involved.

Life is good.

Chase17

Food Wars! The Third Plate 01
So either there was an OVA covering the meeting with the elite ten that I missed that they recapped or they just sped through. Not a great way of introducing them here lol.

The new op song is probably the best of the series so far. Show seems to be continuing the s2 pace. Some weird looking cg.

Kuga was good!

I'll give this to Black Clover: it certainly looks better than My Hero Academia in terms of visual design (not that that's hard, of course).

Shokugeki no Soma: Third Plate, Episode 1 - Erina's new VA does a spot on impression of her original, so that's good. It's a bummer they relegated the Elite 10 introduction to being an OVA.

black clover manga isnt actually half bad. It's clearly not going to be the next big thing if they don't shake things up, right now it feels like it's taking ingredients from every other successful shonen action with spices from other throwaway manga and made a property out of it.

I guess I'm not watching Black Clover!

Then again, Jexhius or CorvoSol haven't posted impressions of it yet so...

GoldCrusader would be proud.

Jūni Taisen looks pretty competent and well-made with some nice close combat animations, though right now it kind of lacks the witty dialogue one would expect from Nishio.

Thud

black clover manga isnt actually half bad. It's clearly not going to be the next big thing if they don't shake things up, right now it feels like it's taking ingredients from every other successful shonen action with spices from other throwaway manga and made a property out of it.

Yeah.

It has dungeons like Magi had so Duckroll should watch it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
...there's more Himouto? But why? I'm surprised it was even popular enough to get another season given that the premise doesn't involve Umaru trying to get with her own brother, which is apparently how you sell blu-rays these days.

I haven't watched Black Clover, so I can't really comment on its quality, or the lack of it.

I will say, it has some pretty backgrounds tho.

DLOh_Dwv_WAAIHt_Im.jpg

DLOh_Ev2_Xk_AIt_Ccw.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So based on Soma's opening, I'm guessing a 2 cour since I doubt they'd be able to fit all the material hinted at in 1 cour

I don't think there's enough source material for a 2 cour, much less any kind of logical stopping point.

This is going to be the season where people get pissed off, I think.

Black Clover 1

I will agree with everyone the direction for Asta yelling was terrible, the va does a much better job the few times Asta is quiet at the end of the episode. Like MHA I don't understand why they chose to only adapt half of the first chapter when the audience has barely seen any of the action that is supposed to be the main draw of the series. If you enjoy shonen action then I suggest sticking with Black Clover, though if you only enjoy the few cream of the crop shows then no matter how good the production Black Clover will never win you over.

phaze

It did ?

Black Clover 01

About as painful, generic and bad as I expected which is to say, a lot. Still, Omigaawaaaaa is/waaas woorseeeee.

Angry Grimace

Hayama rematch maybe?

It would be very weird if they even got up to
the Winter Exam section since they don't actually finish and still aren't finished. Like, it still hasn't ended and isn't anywhere close to ending.

I think some people will end up rioting when they realize Megumi gets hugely demoted and Erina gets hugely promoted this season.

Top Bottom