• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

God... I need to catch up and finish my favorite anime of last season...

...Rick & Morty. B)

Edit: Ah...crap... Top of the page... this should go over well...

Jintor

God... I need to catch up and finish my favorite anime of last season...

...Rick & Morty. B)

Edit: Ah...crap... Top of the page... this should go over well...

You mean リーク先生とモルチーくん

Food Wars 3 Episode 1
DLQU5yzV4AAozEB.jpg:small
DLQVN8QUIAAEQZz.jpg:small

TERUNORI KUGA IS ANIMATED and its like my second fav mini arc in the series, great starting point. And Yuuki Kaji does him so well. I love KUGA and his Yukihiri-chin.

Best laugh.
DLQWovXUIAYMNIi.jpg:small

Eusis

Osomatsu-san S2 01

I didn't think that anything would be able to top CG Jyushimatsu, until I saw that the next brother was live action. Fantastic!
I kinda wish I didn't see that picture earlier in the thread of them all. But then again,
I thought the realistic one on the far right was Osomatsu with the far left obviously being Jyushimatsu and the Haley Joel Osmont faced one would be Choromatsu, and figured the first two were both figurines or something. So Jyushimatsu being CGI was kind of impressive... and TODOMATSU being a guy with a Totty mask was an unexpected twist to it all.

zulux21

I’m glad. I really disliked the pacing of S2.

well season 2 was to fast yes...
but it was interesting content and should be slower.

this season is going to be pure shit after this arc... so I would rather it be as fast as possible this season :p

Quasar

well season 2 was to fast yes...
but it was interesting content and should be slower.

this season is going to be pure shit after this arc... so I would rather it be as fast as possible this season :p

No one is forcing you to watch if you don’t like it.

With S2, my issue was that it was just all cooking battles. Everything else got cut. That’s why my favourite bit was the work experience section which had a bit more time to breathe.

zulux21

No one is forcing you to watch if you don’t like it.

With S2, my issue was that it was just all cooking battles. Everything else got cut. That’s why my favourite bit was the work experience section which had a bit more time to breathe.

I'm going to watch it because I want to eventually watch season 4.
just not going to be happy going through the arc and will constantly complain about how horrible this arc is.

it's mostly a case of I really enjoy soma in general so it's really depressing to have to go through a horrible arc again... but I am going to do it regardless because I like watching soma even if I know I am going to hate it.

maybe I will see something to redeem it a bit this time, or it won't be as bad animated, but I hate pretty much every character the arc focuses on so yeah....

and by hate... I mean they make my top 25 list of all time most hated characters in anime/manga :p

caliph95

Right?

Yeah, that's my argument. Early Bleach sucked lmao. It feels like Noragami, but not as well written. Or without as likable a cast.

Isn't five seasons enough? I love Symphogear, but jeez. I read a spoiler suggesting next they're fighting
gods
. What's left to beat???
You mean YuYuHakuso

Chase17

JUNI TAISEN:ZODIAC WAR 01
This rabbit is too much lol.

Backstory segments felt unnecessarily edgy for a show with such a goofy take on the survivor/elimination premise.

Kvik

Oh, dear.

The most recent incarnation of "I hate anime" thread has reappeared for our pleasure/displeasure.

Edit: welp. I'm lttp, I guess. It's from this morning.

Symphogear AXZ 13 - end.

PEGASUS RYU SEI KEN!

So the the lodgemaster dude who turned into a guyver zoanoid gets bikki punched. bikki becomes Saint Seiya. Saitama super arena gets rekt. and the Illuminati gets shutdown. good stuff. Bikki gets her birthday party and rekts chris in a game of not-puyo puyo tetris.
but the big reveal this ep is the symphogear G call back and set up for season 5! We going full alex jones and the annunaki er custodians are decending! hopefully alex jones himself is the final boss for season 5 of symphogear, so Bikki can punch him in the face with the power of friendship.

Friendship/10

mankoto

Juuni Taisen 01

Seems like a good show so far. Not sure who I want to win. Too soon to say. Rabbit is a cool guy in my book though.

Ctlead

Banned
Hello AnimeGAF! I've been a lurker on the site for quite some time now, but I'm happy to finally become part of your community (though I'll probably rarely post regardless).

I enjoy quite a lot from this medium. My favorite from last season was Made in Abyss.

Hello AnimeGAF! I've been a lurker on the site for quite some time now, but I'm happy to finally become part of your community (though I'll probably rarely post regardless).

I enjoy quite a lot from this medium. My favorite from last season was Made in Abyss.

Nice to meet you.

Have you decided what to watch this season?

mankoto

The iDOLM@STER Side M - 00
No l@dies. Just m@les. There were quite a few ads for the 765 girls though. Completely forgot who these Jupiter dudes were until the flashback. It was fun though. Hopefully it'll keep it up the whole ride.

Hello new friend. Hope you like it here.

zulux21

Welcome.

and to help sort you we have a simple test.

Do you like Sword Art Online?

If yes you get to hang out with people like corn and myself.
Unless it was strictly because Kirito is a pretty boy, then you get to hang out with DTL.

If no you get to hang out with the rest of anime gaf :p

Ctlead

Banned
Nice to meet you.

Have you decided what to watch this season?

Girls' Last Tour seems interesting, so I'll give that a watch. I still need to finish season 1 of 3-gatsu no Lion.

Welcome.

Unless it was strictly because Kirito is a pretty boy, then you get to hang out with DTL.

The first half of SAO was decent, and I like the concept, but I'm not a big fan overall. :p

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Welcome.

You do have to supply your own torch and pitchfork though.

Ascheroth

Black Clover 01

Calling Asta's voice-acting annoying is being pretty generous.
Not sure if I'll stick around or not, the manga does take a while until it gets into its own and it never really is great, but it's a fun popcorn read, so I dunno.

Juuni Taisen 01

Team Psycho Rabbit did nothing wrong.
Very promising start and pretty nice action.

mankoto

Sengoku Night Blood - 01
Oh boy another isekai show - but with a twist: The main protag is a girl. Naturally the entourage surrounding her are nothing but cute boys...

Food Wars S3 - 01
It's been a while I read the manga. But I feel like something was skipped between the ending of S2 and now. Can't remember what though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Juuni Taisen going to be the sleeper animegaf anime of the season?

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War 1

I thought the premiere was fun, and it looked great. It has potential to be a good battle royale series. Trashy, but entertaining.

I read the first two chapters of manga on Viz.com (they're simulpubbing it for free), and Boar's backstory was a bit less gruesome there.
Her sister was more like her, and seemed to rub her face in the fact that she was passed over. Boar just kills her rather than mentally breaking her and goading her into suicide. Not sure which is closer to the source material.

Juuni Taisen 01

Might be fun. Since it's only 12 episodes, I guess it'll be 1 character per episode?

We're already down 2, so I don't think that'll be the case. I imagine a few battles will go over a couple episodes.

Juuni Taisen Episode 1

Good first episode. Boar’s backstory was pretty fucked up, all leading up to her just getting fucked up by the rabbit dude lmao. Maybe now she’ll wish she would of let her sister participate eh?

Rabbit guy seems like my kinda dude tho, he should be fun to watch, hopefully he doesn’t get killed off early.

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara Episode 1

Cute episode, always enjoy watching a short anime or two every season.

Qurupeke

If Pingu introduced anime girls, it could cannibalize Kemono Friends' success after the whole controversy with Kadokawa.

ibyea

Banned
Danganronpa V3 Chapter 2

That may be the most hilariously absurd post-case twist ever, and the best blackened execution at the same time.

Danganronpa V3 Chapter 3

Why this

Danganronpa V3 Chapter 4

Yeah I can already feel the largest troll ending of all time coming down the pipe, hit me Kodaka

I am in trial 4 intermission, but at this point, I think the game has broadcast enough hints to know the exact nature of the troll it is setting up. Can't wait to see if I am right. :p

DiGiKerot

I am in trial 4 intermission, but at this point, I think the game has broadcast enough hints to know the exact nature of the troll it is setting up. Can't wait to see if I am right. :p

I don't want to be that guy, but... can we not talk about the Dangan Ronpa game in the anime thread? There's like a whole forum for taking about games, and I kind of want to be able to talk about cartoons without knowing anything about the tempo of a game that only came out last week I've not had time to look at for more than an hour yet.

At least spoiler tag the heck out of your posts if you have to talk about not-anime here.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The problem with the tournament arc in Food Wars is that it was missing anime versions of John Torode and Gregg Wallace.

ibyea

Banned
I don't want to be that guy, but... can we not talk about the Dangan Ronpa game in the anime thread? There's like a whole forum for taking about games, and I kind of want to be able to talk about cartoons without knowing anything about the tempo of a game that only came out last week I've not had time to look at for more than an hour yet.

At least spoiler tag the heck out of your posts if you have to talk about not-anime here.

Ah sorry. I will refrain in the future.

MSMrRound

Yea I prefer not to be reading about Danganronpa V3 game stuff in the anime thread...or at least people can try to label their impressions a bit.

Symhpogear AXZ 13

After the somewhat disappointing episode 12, this episode delivered, and the Season 5 hook at the end was so good. Oh my god. I have so many questions. If that's the direction they are gonna go for in season 5, sure why not?

Osomatsu S2 episode 1

meta-commentary, "he's doing it properly!" part was too great.

Fantastic opening.

Negima UQ Holder episode 1

As a Negima fan, it's great to see a lot of the cast once again, but Negima adaptations are usually known for their shit quality. Have to see how it goes.

casiopao

Digimon Adventure Tri Dub Ep 1

Cool to hear alot of the familiar dub voices again like Tai, Izzy and Kari.
Not sure how I feel about the dub opening song.

Stop watching the show lol. Tri ruined any single love i had for old Digimon anime here.

Top Bottom