• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2017 |OT| Makes us all rotten

Let me expand a little

Gintama 329: there's a joke about how having tanned skin makes you more of a douche. I mean this can be a joke along the lines of making fun of jersey shore stereotypes. But still, it's iffy.

Gintama 330: there's a joke about a prince becoming gay after accidentally kissing a priest. They also make a joke about this being a threat to his kingdom as no children will be born etc.

I dunno, maybe bad translation helps make this more offensive than it actually is. But maybe that's me making excuses...

Isn't that more making fun of Ganguros though?

Gundam SEED Destiny - 39

DMOH1SxWkAALLeI.jpg:large
DMOH1S0X4AAnzsT.jpg:large
DMOH1SyWAAcQ1k7.jpg:large

IT'S HERE AND IT'S GLORIOUS.

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

Cornbread78

3-gatsu S2 ep.1
It's been too damn long since this show last aired. OP isn't as good as S1, but you can immediately notice that it's the group that did the OP for Honey & Clover.

Either way, tbis was a great reintroduction into Rei's current disposition. I really hope things continue looking up for him!

Kenstar

3-gatsu S2 ep.1

It's been too damn long since this show last aired. OP isn't as good as S1, but you can immediately notice that it's the group that did the OP for Honey & Clover.

Either way, tbis was a great reintroduction into Rei's current disposition. I really hope things continue looking up for him!
Her name is YUKI and she did OP2 from last season as well, Honey and Clover is by the same author

NeonZ

Let me expand a little

Gintama 329: there's a joke about how having tanned skin makes you more of a douche. I mean this can be a joke along the lines of making fun of jersey shore stereotypes. But still, it's iffy.

The first one is a reference to "Ganguro", a 90s fashion style. Even dyed hair is associated with rebel attitudes and gangs in Japan, so tanning and heavy make up ends up with similar associations.

DNAbro

Food Wars S2 9-10

Great ending to the tournament. The second they said that the dish worthy of being a specialty would be the winner I knew Hayama won. Also Soma is a fun character to watch grow.

PBalfredo

Help me out Anime-GAF, I'm trying to remember the name of a show I once saw on Crunchyroll.

It was about a highschooler who started a paranormal club with a couple of other students, but then starts seeing a ghost for real. The series follows him interacting with the ghost, who was a girl who used to go to the school. They eventually solve the mystery of her murder, which ends up being bittersweet because just as they realize they have feelings for each other, she begins to fade away because her unfinished business in the mortal world has been solved.

Help me out Anime-GAF, I'm trying to remember the name of a show I once saw on Crunchyroll.

It was about a highschooler who started a paranormal club with a couple of other students, but then starts seeing a ghost for real. The series follows him interacting with the ghost, who was a girl who used to go to the school. They eventually solve the mystery of her murder, which ends up being bittersweet because just as they realize they have feelings for each other, she begins to fade away because her unfinished business in the mortal world has been solved.

Could be Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

Pac Man 2: The New Adventures

This game may as well be RE:Zero before RE:Zero exists, granted of course, there's no waifus to speak of, and Pac Man's intelligence is lacking, so you (The witch) must guide Pac Man with your powers, and make him suffer, like in Re:Zero. Whereas RZ tried to make things as horrifying as possible to convey how much Subaru fucks up, Pac Man's is done in a far more humorous tone, partly because you must manage his mood to accurately make the right decisions to progress for your goals, or to see how Pac Man miserably fails.

While far more humorous, it does have a dark undertone still in its light-heartedness, which requires you to put thought into how much Pac Man is suffering, to the point that he might be suicidal, even though all he's suppose to do is get some milk for his kid, or picking a flower for your kid's sweetheart (who is a human, I don't know why), or retrieving Pac Jr's guitar he uses to please his sweet heart (who is a human, I still don't know why). Whether it's cheery music, or this track that sounds mundane and yet feels like it was used in a different show, it makes you think think what in the world was Namco on at the time they made this critical think piece, something that could really make people think about the troubles in the world with Pac Man.

And then you see smug Pac Man

tumblr_inline_n1wlxcYGlm1r2b7a1.gif

7TBcSDx.gif

"It's free real estate"

And you forget the troubles you had in your mind. There is some great animations in this, and it forces you to pay attention to/
Narag
Pac Man just to see the different ways he reacts to the environment.

I recommend checking this out.

Body pillows don't count. :p

Why do you have your body pillow next to your bed? I thought you need to have that on your bed.

Jesus Christ, it's horrifying...

The ghosts are right to brutally murder Pac Man...

They don't even do that, they just stretch their faces to freak him out while he's begging you to pop him a Power Pill, and then he faints after like 2 minutes.

Pac-Man 2 is a hilarious underrated game.

It's my guilty pleasure on the SNES. I remember renting this a while back, so I could recall it whenever I got the chance to play again.

DNAbro

Food Wars S2 End

Hey look at that I'm almost all caught up. This was all pretty great, even more enjoyable than the first season.

Made in Abyss Episode 8-9

They made it out of Survival Training easily. I figured they would be challenged a bit more. It was also nice to see Ozen and Lyza's backstories a bit. She's rough around the edges but she's a caring grandma figure.

Gotta say, I was kind of taken aback by the brutality of using adorable ass creatures as distractions to get away from monsters. No fucks given by Riko. Then again, this isn't the place to hold hands and sing songs and get through problems using the power of friendship.

Made in Abyss Episode 10

DUDE.

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK.

FUCK THIS FUCKING SHOW OH MY GOD

Holy fucking shit goddamnit son of a bitch fuck

zulux21

Made in Abyss Episode 8-9

They made it out of Survival Training easily. I figured they would be challenged a bit more. It was also nice to see Ozen and Lyza's backstories a bit. She's rough around the edges but she's a caring grandma figure.

Gotta say, I was kind of taken aback by the brutality of using adorable ass creatures as distractions to get away from monsters. No fucks given by Riko. Then again, this isn't the place to hold hands and sing songs and get through problems using the power of friendship.

Made in Abyss Episode 10

DUDE.

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK.

FUCK THIS FUCKING SHOW OH MY GOD

Holy fucking shit goddamnit son of a bitch fuck

see see. it never takes itself to seriously >.>

*adds made in abyss to the 'probably should watch this' list*
don't let the chibiness or some questionable choices keep you from watching it, it's a legit contender for AOTY.

That was straight up
gruesome. I couldn't stomach it. I had to cover my face because fuck that.

I..I just dont get it.
These poor kids. Why do authors feel the need to put little children through such torture.
F...fuuuuuuck.

Bunny girl did nothing to make me feel better. NOTHING.

LotusHD

Banned
*adds made in abyss to the 'probably should watch this' list*

If nothing else, the anime will surely stick with you. Now that reminds me, I should get to reading the manga already, which is apparently even darker...

That was straight up

I..I just dont get it.
These poor kids. Why do authors feel the need to put little children through such torture.
F...fuuuuuuck.

:(

zulux21

That was straight up

I..I just dont get it.
F...fuuuuuuck.

:3

hmm the baby steps manga is ending in 3 chapters.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-15/baby-steps-tennis-manga-ends-in-3-chapters/.122751

means I might be able to read it all in the next 20 years or so.
I wonder if it will get one last anime series to adapt the rest of it.... doubtful but i can dream.

Quasar

Anime-Gataris 2 - Well that squabbling sounds very familiar to me. Though more online than offline. Book haters always ruin things.

I guess this is where the show really starts, huh? Kind of worried as theres only 3 episodes left. I hope this season has a satisfying conclusion (and less
loli sufffering
)

Just Because ep.2

Interesting love triangle already showing up, but I more realistic approach and I'll look forward to checking it out each week to see where it goes

This show also has awesome OP and ED songs. I really love the ED.

That’s because those monsters were animated by idiosyncratic genius Kou Yoshinari (elder brother of Yoh Yoshinari, director of Little Witch Academia). Kou also designed the monsters for the show. His animation is very distinctive, partially because he actually colors, paints, and finishes his animation himself, unlike most animators. Thus he gets very eye-catching results, that can often be mistaken for CG.

Oh thats awesome. Any other works by him? His style is really cool.

zulux21

I guess this is where the show really starts, huh? Kind of worried as theres only 3 episodes left. I hope this season has a satisfying conclusion (and less
loli sufffering
)

if you have the time you should just burn through it.
I won't say more than that :p

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
If you guys had to recommend one show from the past year or two what would it be? The last thing I watched was Mob Psycho, and that seems like ages ago already. Feels like I'm outta the loop lately.

LotusHD

Banned
If you guys had to recommend one show from the past year or two what would it be? The last thing I watched was Mob Psycho, and that seems like ages ago already. Feels like I'm outta the loop lately.

Hard to decide on just one, so Re:Zero, Shirobako, and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu.

EDIT: Oh yea, Konosuba was hilarious

zulux21

re:zero
made in abyss
yuri on ice
My hero acedamia

are the first couple that come to mind for me.

edit: konosuba was an animegaf favorite.
Youjo Senki was surprisingly enjoyable but not above the others I listed
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan was a decent comedy
and relife was surprisingly enjoyable for the plot.

if you have the time you should just burn through it.
I won't say more than that :p

Definitely gonna binge the remaining episodes after work tomorrow. I cant wait

You can look through the collection of his work on sakugabooru. His most recent cut was on the last episode of Garo: Vanishing Line.

Sweet, thanks!

Haikyuu S2 + 3 if sports is up your alley. Also S2 of Euphonium if you haven't already.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

All 3 seasons of Haikyuu if you're into sports anime.

Both seasons of Konosuba if you're sick of isekai shows and want some comedy making fun of it.

My Hero Academia if want a plain ol shounen-ass shounen.

Shirobako for slice of life.

Both seasons of Sound Euphonium if you're a band nerd.

Voltron Season 3

Yesssh, that is a pretty sharp drop from season 2.

Also, what the fuck at that last episode. That backstory should have been like half the season. It's only the entire summary of everything important that's ever happened in this universe.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watched season one of Voltron and could not understand how any one would find it appealing at all.

It's not up to the pedigree of the people who made it, it looks awful, the jokes are flat.

It's not even a particularly good remake of Voltron. Nowhere near as interesting as the original series.

zulux21

Definitely gonna binge the remaining episodes after work tomorrow. I cant wait

Sweet, thanks!

Haikyuu S2 + 3 if sports is up your alley. Also S2 of Euphonium if you haven't already.

All 3 seasons of Haikyuu if you're into sports anime.
I will never understand people's obsession with the mediocre volley ball anime when so many other great sports anime exist :/

go watch/read a real sports anime like Ippo :p

I
will forever be bitter towards Haikyuu for getting a decent budget to have really nice animation, while the series I felt had the far superior cast Baby Steps got completely shafted animation wise and thus didn't gain any popularity.

Top Bottom