• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Veelk

Banned
I'd read it

The reworking of the Uchiha mythology is something I was particularly proud of. I had managed to give a history to how Kekkei Genkai were made, distinct from familial jutsu's like the Inuzuka clans, give it mythological connections that would link it to the supernatural forces that move the Shinobi world (like the tailed beasts, but also others) while also being scientifically minded about it, and having it be connected to the jinchuriki, but not to the point where Naruto and Sasuke's rivalry overshadow all over themes like it happened in the show. But the best thing was that it explained why actions like murdering your kinsmen were connected to unlocking more power for the Uchiha's, all while still keeping the emotional core of the conflict sasuke had within him. My Hyuga clan history is pretty rad too.

I kinda ignored giving Sakura a place within that story though. This was WAY back when I was really young, like 15 or 16, so women getting the appropriate representation wasn't on my priorities list. I would have to make sure Sakura had her own story within this revision, if I were to still write it.

Wait are you watching the actual show and/or reading the manga?

Since he's become the first person that comes to mind when defending anything Naruto related on this forum. Was doing it when the Naruto discussion was in the main manga thread long ago lol

Also i took a look in the thread afterward to confirm my guess :p

And for the second point PLEASE post some impressions in here (or a link to your post in that thread) as i want to see the pain (what comes after is fucking rough imo) :D
I have dropped some serious heat in that thread, Mantis...I don't think he/she/it likes me too much at times. I'll see what posts I can link you to to describe just how badly I flip out on there.
Shitting on Sakura
More shitting on Sakura
More Sakura discussion
Me screaming about Hinata
Everybody hand in your job applications
I lose patience at Hidan vs Shikamaru
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193742174&postcount=6329Poor Shizune
I lose my shit over Hinata getting beat up by Pain protecting Naruto
Naruto's a blockhead
Fuck Konoha
Hinata keeps getting her ass beat for Naruto
Kishis' a hack
Sakura: God tier white mage, trash tier everything else

YESSSS

this will sustain me for some time :D

also i see you noticed the Hinata issue that i mentioned before which is kinda bullshit (mainly because of how it was hardly brought up again or Naruto not saying much, iirc there wasn't even a "hey we have some things to discuss after this other situation that is coming up is over" mention either).

plus as much as i liked the The Last (aka that movie) due to what happens its whole premise is kinda fucked because of that stuff imo.

Finally i think the next arcs are gonna be really painful due to more bullshit and it kinda character assassinates a few fan favorites in my honest opinion but we'll see if you end up at the same conclusion or i'm looking into things way too much.

YESSSS

this will sustain me for some time :D

also i see you noticed the Hinata issue that i mentioned before which is kinda bullshit (mainly because of how it was hardly brought up again or Naruto not saying much, iirc there wasn't even a "hey we have some things to discuss after this other situation that is coming up is over" mention either).

plus as much as i liked the The Last (aka that movie) due to what happens its whole premise is kinda fucked because of that stuff imo.

Finally i think the next arc is gonna be really painful since it kinda character assassinates a few characters that were favorites in my honest opinion but we'll see if you end up at the same conclusion or i'm looking into things way too much.
If you witness a woman declare her love for you like the way Hinata does and then she gets her shit kicked in with a smile on her face for you then you better take that woman out to get some fucking pizza or some shit. That whole shit makes no god damn sense and considering that goes unresolved for years is fucking stupid. Hinata should be like, "Naruto get the fuck out here, now! We're going to discuss what I said and don't you dare mention that bitch Sakura!!" As I said Naruto should've made that woman a cake and let her eat that shit off his body she loves his ass that god damn much. Sakura has never recited Naruto's nindo way like Hinata has and she did that shit twice. That would've been her dying words to him you don't just ignore that. I can only how much fail goes on with that 5 Kage summit thing.

Also this:
fb9RBj.gif

You just goddamn wait until they meet you with Sasuke again post the kage summit.
I can only imagine how bad that shit gets, I've glanced some shit, but glancing is a lot differently than watching the shit unfurl before your very eyes. It like takes on a life of it's own. It's like even being warned about a natural disaster and seeing the damage estimates doesn't condition you to seeing buildings catch on fire, the ground opening up and swallowing up people never to be seen again. The show is entertaining at a base level, but god fucking help you when you sit down and analyze it cause it's going to take some years off your god damn life.
Shizune: "written to be a job ass jobber, barely mourned when she dies."

Wait is that where
he fights Danzo?

if so then OH MAN :D

also dat Naruto moment LOLoLoLOL

the reaction to those should be fun
Are there only a small handful of people that are still positive about that show? I'm barely at the half way mark and that shit just made me well...jaded. Pain's motivations just boil down to "they killed our fucking dog!!"
Korra has officially died.
Would you prefer we go back to shitting on Korra?
Just to keep it Avatar related:
tumblr_nhf17ge1vN1rumy7mo1_500.png

Veelk

Banned
Wait is that where
he fights Danzo?

if so then OH MAN :D

also dat Naruto moment LOLoLoLOL

the reaction to those should be fun
I'm struggling to remember my exact breaking point. It was some time after that, but not too long after. A little ways into the shinobi war arc.
Are there only a small handful of people that are still positive about that show? I'm barely at the half way mark and that shit just made me well...jaded. Pain's motivations just boil down to "they killed our fucking dog!!

I can't imagine how low your standards would have to be to still champion Naruto after the shit it's pulled.

I'm struggling to remember my exact breaking point. It was some time after that, but not too long after. A little ways into the shinobi war arc.

I can't imagine how low your standards would have to be to still champion Naruto after the shit it's pulled.
I've honestly never seen any of the more defensive posters in anything but the Naruto arc so I have no idea what they watch. The only one that isn't exactly new to me is DTL and well DTL is DTL and he doesn't even bother arguing with me.

What's your favorite fight so far Jaded? I always loved Sasuke vs Deidara, aside from the ending.
Fucking Great Snake Escape, lol. Monda did not like being used as a bomb shelter. I've liked let's see:
Sasuke vs Naruto at the end of Part 1
Sasuke vs Orochimaru in Part 1
Sasuke vs Orochimaru in Part 2 (Sasuke dropping all that ether on Orochimaru was hilarious)
Sasuke vs Itachi
Shikamaru and Team 10 with Kakashi vs Hidan and Kakuzu
Shikamaru vs Kakuzu (Them feels)
Naruto in 4 Tails mode vs Orochimaru
Jiraya vs Pain
Kabuto vs Shizune was kind of cool
The Three Sannins vs each other
Rock Lee vs Kimmimaru
Neji vs that arrow dude wasn't too bad at all actually
The first few parts of Sage mode Naruto vs Pain were cool
Rock Lee vs Gaara this was before Gaara went hard on "This isn't even my final form," seeing Rock Lee unlock the gates was pretty cool as well.
I actually did like the fight Temari had with that female Sound Village Ninja to save Shikamaru.
Shikamaru vs the woman he fought before Temari cause I like how much he thought during it.

I'm probably missing a few though.

Bolded are mine

Fucking Great Snake Escape, lol. Monda did not like being used as a bomb shelter. I've liked let's see:
Sasuke vs Naruto at the end of Part 1
Sasuke vs Orochimaru in Part 1
Sasuke vs Orochimaru in Part 2 (Sasuke dropping all that ether on Orochimaru was hilarious)
Sasuke vs Itachi
Shikamaru and Team 10 with Kakashi vs Hidan and Kakuzu
Shikamaru vs Kakuzu (Them feels)
Naruto in 4 Tails mode vs Orochimaru (the anime version was like poison due to how glacial that entire encounter was so i avoid like the plague)
Jiraya vs Pain
Kabuto vs Shizune was kind of cool
The Three Sannins vs each other
Rock Lee vs Kimmimaru
Neji vs that arrow dude wasn't too bad at all actually
The first few parts of Sage mode Naruto vs Pain were cool
Rock Lee vs Gaara
I actually did like the fight Temari had with that female Sound Village Ninja to save Shikamaru.
Shikamaru vs the woman he fought before Temari cause I like how much he thought during it.

I'm probably missing a few though.

Yea you are missing Shikimaru vs Temari, that fight is one of the GOATs *shakes fist*

also The Sauce vs nu-Team 7 at the beginning of Part 2 was a cool one and showed how badass he became after the Timeskip.

honourable mention to The Sauce vs all those nameless ninjas even though we only saw the aftermath.

Man thinking about it some more Korra was no where near renegade/asshole Sasuke as much as she tried lol

Yea you are missing Shikimaru vs Temari

that fight is one of the GOATs
I love me some Temari, but I didn't remember what happened during it...wait it's definitely coming to me now. They were practically playing chess with each other and he let her have the victory. Only Temari gives Shikamaru them hard truths though, but I like that ship. There was barely a fight between barbecue Sauce and Team 7 though. That's the fight where Yamato earned his elite Jobber status, he's never going to live down getting impaled out of the blue by fucking Sauce. Anbu jobbing bastard, if he still had that mask on he'd be dead already. Korra has nothing on Sasuke when it comes to being a prick:
Orochimaru "Go make me a sandwich bitch."

I still can't believe there's a Sakura defense force. I'll stan Bolin before I stick up for Sakura. The only character I dislike more than Sakura is Karin.

I still can't believe there's a Sakura defense force. I'll stan Bolin before I stick up for Sakura. The only character I dislike more than Sakura is Karin.

I never understood that Sakura defense force either, like everyone I personally know hates her guts but somehow that pink haired woman can do no wrong in their eyes.

She can light Naruto on fire and they be all like "she was just protecting him"

Get all the way the fuck outta here.

I'll throw Mako a birthday party before you catch me defending Sakura.

Veelk

Banned
I liked Sakura better than Hinata because atleast she was a presence. She always had the potential to be good, but like most potential in Naruto, it's never realized into anything more than "Angry tsundere hits idiot hero"

I liked Sakura better than Hinata because atleast she was a presence. She always had the potential to be good, but like most potential in Naruto, it's never realized into anything more than "Angry tsundere hits idiot hero"
Woman deface herself for Sasuke. We lost my respect at the end of part one. She got some of it back in part 2 but managed to lose it again and I'm not even at her infamous low yet.

I officially clocked out aka didn't read the chapters (although i absorbed impressions in the main manga thread when it was ongoing) during the shinobi war arc. IIRC its sometime before
Neji dies or whatever it was

I love me some Temari, but I didn't remember what happened during it...wait it's definitely coming to me now. They were practically playing chess with each other and he let her have the victory. Only Temari gives Shikamaru them hard truths though, but I like that ship. There was barely a fight between barbecue Sauce and Team 7 though. That's the fight where Yamato earned his elite Jobber status, he's never going to live down getting impaled out of the blue by fucking Sauce. Anbu jobbing bastard, if he still had that mask on he'd be dead already. Korra has nothing on Sasuke when it comes to being a prick:

That was fight so good since it wasn't all physical/super powers shit but instead mind games and it was a great palette cleanser after all of that physical stuff happened in the last fight (which i dug actually) .

Also while The Sauce vs Team 7 wasn't much of a fight it kinda set the table in regards to where these characters were now with their relationship after the skip, in which The Sauce doesn't give a fuck and the other 2 are too caught up to hurt him. Plus his sword use was badass.

i preferred Hinata but she got jacked due to the lack of screen time so it didn't flow too well at all. She worked with what she had *shrug*

I'll stan Bolin before I stick up for Sakura.

I'll throw Mako a birthday party before you catch me defending Sakura.

These 2 posts are pretty damning lol

Bolded are mine

Yea you are missing Shikimaru vs Temari, that fight is one of the GOATs *shakes fist*

also The Sauce vs nu-Team 7 at the beginning of Part 2 was a cool one and showed how badass he became after the Timeskip.

honourable mention to The Sauce vs all those nameless ninjas even though we only saw the aftermath.

Man thinking about it some more Korra was no where near renegade/asshole Sasuke as much as she tried lol

Korra was just being stupid. It ain't like she left Republic City and joined Team Z and Asami was all like "I'm gonna get her back, believe it!"... though that would've been interesting.

And my favorite Naruto fight is Guy vs Kisame on the sea turtle island thing.

Korra was just being stupid. It ain't like she left Republic City and joined Team Z and Asami was all like "I'm gonna get her back, believe it!"... though that would've been interesting.

And my favorite Naruto fight is Guy vs Kisame on the sea turtle island thing.
My favorite part about the Kisame fight was the fact that Kisame held this long ass grudge against Guy because Guy kicked that motherfucker in his chest. That's like some Dave Chapelle shit right there.
I officially clocked out aka didn't read the chapters (although i absorbed impressions in the main manga thread when it was ongoing) during the shinobi war arc. IIRC its sometime before
Neji dies or whatever it was

That was fight so good since it wasn't all physical/super powers shit but instead mind games and it was a great palette cleanser after all of that physical stuff happened in the last fight (which i dug actually) .

Also while The Sauce vs Team 7 wasn't much of a fight it kinda set the table in regards to where these characters were now with their relationship after the skip, in which The Sauce doesn't give a fuck and the other 2 are too caught up to hurt him. Plus his sword use was badass.

i preferred Hinata but she got jacked due to the lack of screen time so it didn't flow too well at all. She worked with what she had *shrug*

These 2 posts are pretty damning lol
I've been calling the show out on them handing Hinata table scraps for plot since Neji beat her ass while using Naruto's words as a power source. Woman stepped up and they just left her hanging. I love that Sasuke fight just because you get a glimpse at just how much of a douche he became. "I'm Sasuke Uchiha, fuck you people. Orochimaru go make me a fucking sandwich. Naruto you don't mean shit to me.Sakura I said your name now freeze in place and cream your panties for me." Best part about Shikamaru fights is that they're not about power level nonsense, he uses his brain and thinks them through, that's why I find them the most interesting. Does Hinata like ever successfully fight someone?

My favorite part about the Kisame fight was the fact that Kisame held this long ass grudge against Guy because Guy kicked that motherfucker in his chest. That's like some Dave Chapelle shit right there.

Does Hinata like ever successfully fight someone?

Guy kept forgetting his name, and that made him mad. I don't blame him, I don't remember everyone I fought xD

I think Hinata won.... something in a filler... maybe, iunno. I skip them.

Guy kept forgetting his name, and that made him mad. I don't blame him, I don't remember everyone I fought xD

I think Hinata won.... something in a filler... maybe, iunno. I skip them.
Guy be like, "Who the fuck is this guy? I kick people in their chests all the time." She beat up some people in some Part 1 filler that I liked, also beat up a giant wasp, she rescued herself, it was filler so it technically didn't even happen, which pissed me off cause she even came up with her own jutsu that I'm probably never going to see again cause it was filler and how dare Hinata actually shine, she's just a glorified punching bag to spur on Naruto. She's a nice sweet girl that's there to be a fucking punching bag. Does Kishi hate nice women? Shizune gets Tsang Tsunged and Hinata's a punching bag and they're like the two nicest women on the show.

Guy be like, "Who the fuck is this guy? I kick people in their chests all the time." She beat up some people in some Part 1 filler that I liked, also beat up a giant wasp, she rescued herself, it was filler so it technically didn't even happen, which pissed me off cause she even came up with her own jutsu that I'm probably never going to see again cause it was filler and how dare Hinata actually shine, she's just a glorified punching bag to spur on Naruto. She's a nice sweet girl that's there to be a fucking punching bag. Does Kishi hate nice women? Shizune gets Tsang Tsunged and Hinata's a punching bag and they're like the two nicest women on the show.

Good thing Kishi didn't write Korra.... I don't know how much worse it can get.

They'll all have detailed visualized backstories only to job to like an evil Meelo later.

Good thing Kishi didn't write Korra.... I don't know how much worse it can get.

They'll all have detailed visualized backstories only to job to like an evil Meelo later.
An evil Meelo that they once thought was stillborn, but no he's still fucking alive some how. Lin probably takes Kakashi's role with Tenzin being ultimate jobber Yamato.

Ahh the salty tears LOL

but yet there's more :trollface
I was only this mad at Korra once and that was how badly they mishandled Kuvira, but the way they just fuck over Hinata is fucking crazy. Naruto take that woman out to get some fucking ramen you fucking bastard. She gets her ass kicked constantly for you, she loves you, Sakura is all up on that Uchiha dick, use your fucking head bruh!!! And yeah them tears were salty. I laughed so hard tears were running down my eyes. I went to sleep shaking my head and that shit and even woke up and took a shower shaking my head at it, the shows a narrative clusterfuck. That man got paid good money to write that shit.

Veelk

Banned
I'd read it

OMG, I just remembered I also has a separate fanfiction idea that I went back and forth in deciding to implement it into the rewrite. I had Orochimaru clone Sasuke in case he ever did what he ended up doing in the original series, so Orochimaru would have a plan B. Except the permanent cloning process was faulty, so it could only do female clones. I got the idea from Wolverine and X-23.

This was one of my dumber ideas. I love the implications of a new Uchiha coming back into world, with the conflict that Sasuke would feel over an artificial Uchiha. But if I'm being honest, I just made her so Naruto would have a waifu because the bromance he has with Sasuke is so intene that they'd be fucking in the manga if homosexuality wasn't frowned upon, so I was like "why not make a girl Sasuke and be done with it." As with all ideas, it has the potential to work, but NOT the way I was writing it.

That said, with how jaded is currently feeling about Sakura and Hinata, even my dumb high school idea might be an improvement. Edit: haha, called it.

OMG, I just remembered I also has a separate fanfiction idea that I went back and forth in deciding to implement it into the rewrite. I had Orochimaru clone Sasuke in case he ever did what he ended up doing in the original series, so Orochimaru would have a plan B. Except the permanent cloning process was faulty, so it could only do female clones. I got the idea from Wolverine and X-23.

This was one of my dumber ideas. I love the implications of a new Uchiha coming back into world, with the conflict that Sasuke would feel over an artificial Uchiha. But if I'm being honest, I just made her so Naruto would have a waifu because the bromance he has with Sasuke is so intene that they'd be fucking in the manga if homosexuality wasn't frowned upon. As with all ideas, it has the potential to work, but NOT the way I was writing it.
That's actually not too bad of an idea considering that Naruto has horrible chemistry with pretty much every female in that god damn show that's of legal age for him. He'd probably go after that female uchiha booty so damn fast. "I wanna fight you!" Six minutes later they're fucking cause it awakens all of his urges that he has for Sasuke.

Veelk

Banned
That's actually not too bad of an idea considering that Naruto has horrible chemistry with pretty much every female in that god damn show that's of legal age for him. He'd probably go after that female uchiha booty so damn fast. "I wanna fight you!" Six minutes later they're fucking cause it awakens all of his urges that he has for Sasuke.

I appreciate that, but I shouldn't half ass things just because Kishi 1/160000 asses it. I would have to develop her far more than I did if I were to implement it today. But it is an interesting element to introduce. It puts forth the possibility of an Uchiha revival, which Sasuke is after, the danger of a sharingan disperse, and a character that has to deal all the standard clone issues.

If she is a clone of Sasuke in personality though, they'd be going at it so fast though. So damn fast.

I appreciate that, but I shouldn't half ass things just because Kishi 1/160000 asses it. I would have to develop her far more than I did if I were to implement it today.
You're still giving Kishi far too much credit. Dude hasn't even watched anime from the early 80's that pulled off the love triangle trope a trillion times better in less episodes. It's like he scribbles his ideas on a napkin, wipes his mouth with it and then rewrites the fucking plot using food crumbs. There's no way any character with any sense of intellect or integrity would act the way they do in Naruto.

Veelk

Banned
Please binge watch, atleast up until you get to the Sakura moment. The sooner I get to your reaction to that, the better.

This was one of my dumber ideas. I love the implications of a new Uchiha coming back into world, with the conflict that Sasuke would feel over an artificial Uchiha. But if I'm being honest, I just made her so Naruto would have a waifu because the bromance he has with Sasuke is so intene that they'd be fucking in the manga if homosexuality wasn't frowned upon, so I was like "why not make a girl Sasuke and be done with it." As with all ideas, it has the potential to work, but NOT the way I was writing it.

That said, with how jaded is currently feeling about Sakura and Hinata, even my dumb high school idea might be an improvement. Edit: haha, called it.

This is the Veelk we all need

Please binge watch, atleast up until you get to the Sakura moment. The sooner I get to your reaction to that, the better.
I'm going as fast as I can truthfully. If I could watch this shit at work I would, I wonder how far I have left to get to that Sakura moment. Danzo's the Hokage and he just whooped some mook ass.

Top Bottom