• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Veelk

Banned
I heard the MP is really good, but I'm an SP guy usually (which I heard was weak in 5) and I don't like MP's with Loadouts. So while Halo 5 seems to have found it's own audience, I couldn't be a part of it even if I did have an xbone.

Toa TAK

Banned
I heard the MP is really good, but I'm an SP guy usually (which I heard was weak in 5) and I don't like MP's with Loadouts. So while Halo 5 seems to have found it's own audience, I couldn't be a part of it even if I did have an xbone.
It only has loadouts for the Warzone modes (the player vs player+AI mode).

But yeah, the story was weak, which is what I'm mainly here for, too. Somehow had even LESS characterization/development than 4. :(

Not sure about the figure, but last I heard from an interview that the Korra comics were delayed. The artist isn't even showing the comics as a part of her website anymore. Something went down, unfortunately.

I don't know why they didn't just get the guy currently doing the Avatar comics to work on it.

Sad to hear, been waiting for it since it was announced and every time someone bumps the thread I think "Finally, it's probably new info on the comic" T_T.

Not sure about the figure, but last I heard from an interview that the Korra comics were delayed. The artist isn't even showing the comics as a part of her website anymore. Something went down, unfortunately.

I don't know why they didn't just get the guy currently doing the Avatar comics to work on it.

Good catch. That definitely raises some red flags. I guess the fact that they got another artist to do the Free Comic Book Day Korra comic should have been an indication that something was up.

Won't be too bummed if it turns out that they did switch artists. Wasn't super in love with Brittney Williams' style.

At least her lover wasn't a simp.

At least Kuvira didn't go out as weak as Lexa did either.

tumblr_o9q4srNiJR1qm8wf8o1_1280.jpg

Toa TAK

Banned
Veelk, get the heck out of the thread already. It's a bad movie that's not worth the time. lol

Let's talk about something else that's a storytelling failure, like Korra.

Veelk, get the heck out of the thread already. It's a bad movie that's not worth the time. lol

Let's talk about something else that's a storytelling failure, like Korra.
It's like that shitty ass movie killed a family member of his. I hate it too and you don't see me arguing about it.

Veelk

Banned
assuming its BvS iirc he's a big fan of both Batman and Superman so this movie is basically an affront

Yup. I'm so glad that Wonder Woman was in it for only a nanosecond, because she'd have been ruined too, and she doesn't have a handful of excellent movies to fall back on.

I'll turn Veelks attention away from that thread.

Kratos is the most well rounded character in video game history. His characterization is nothing short of amazing.

Veelk

Banned
I'll turn Veelks attention away from that thread.

Kratos is the most well rounded character in video game history. His characterization is nothing short of amazing.

aang_vs_ozai_gif_by_gagep931-d6hfhv0.gif

You know what sucks about that thread most? The people championing the film do so by trying to shit on other films.

I've said this before: A lot of people wanted this film to succeed. To the point where the mere fact that it is not a marvel movie is a point in it's favor. So now BvS can't simply be good on it's own, it has to specifically be better than Civil War or whatever Marvel movie they want to talk about. Or else even the audience might be in some way flawed. All this in addition to the VERY poor logic used to justify their arguments (Bleepey being the latest perp as of post 2006 that I've seen), there is just a lot of toxicity.

I'll stick around for a while longer, but that thread is starting to look less like discussions and more like a bunch of Gollum's stroking their preciouses.

First off no.

Secondly, there's a Baavira week going on once again in the world of Korra Tumblr. One of the artists complained that she was losing followers every time she put a new fan art up. Took two years, but people are finally seeing what Jaded and I said from day 1.

Fuckin simp.

All fan Kuvira ships suck. Bataar or no one.
No bruh, just no. I can pretty much find a linking thread to all the ones that actually make some damn sense. Now if they pair her up with either Mako or Bolin then it's stupid, but her with Korra, Su, Lin and Asami are all cool. Even her with Zhu Li is fine.

First off no.

Secondly, there's a Baavira week going on once again in the world of Korra Tumblr. One of the artists complained that she was losing followers every time she put a new fan art up. Took two years, but people are finally seeing what Jaded and I said from day 1.

Fuckin simp.
Baavira has no spice to it.

No bruh, just no. I can pretty much find a linking thread to all the ones that actually make some damn sense. Now if they pair her up with either Mako or Bolin then it's stupid, but her with Korra, Su, Lin and Asami are all cool. Even her with Zhu Li is fine.

All those are dumb fanfiction tier pairings.

I like Bataar and Kuvira just for the factor of his influence on Kuvira's agenda.

Veelk

Banned
It's been like half a year since actual avatar discussion happened, and what brings it back is Bataar Jr.

Say what you will about the guy, but he seems to hold more influence than any would have guessed.

It's been like half a year since actual avatar discussion happened, and what brings it back is Bataar Jr.

Say what you will about the guy, but he seems to hold more influence than any would have guessed.
The fool knows his science and has high standards in waifus.

That's not why I like Bataar & Kuvira tho.

Kuvira as is seems weird to me with anyone, but with some fan made up context it works I suppose.
Kuvira actually has a personality, they just derailed it to make her a Nazi. I like her in the fanfics cause she's written as slightly stoic but sarcastic as hell, which is actually believable for her and why she bounces off of Korra so well.

Veelk

Banned
Possibly the best avatar cosplay I've ever seen. Specifically because it's not a cosplay of anything in the show, but you can still recognize it as Azula

Top Bottom