• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably cause Cap was set up as the hero in that storyline, and Stark the villain.

I would have thought they would Put Cap vs Iron Man in there then. Iron Man currently is the bigger name.

I bet they're going to change that name closer to the movie because that's how it's going to go down.

untitled-2xyceq.gif

"I spent centuries trying to lift thy damnable hammer and this mortal's about to make me make me look like a goat's ass"

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man, I really hope Cap raises his shield and shouts "Avengers Assemble!" in AoE. I live for that kind of shit.

Alienous

Man, I really hope Cap raises his shield and shouts "Avengers Assemble!" in AoE. I live for that kind of shit.

I'll die of happiness if Cap has the shield in one hand, the hammer in the other, and clangs them together.

But it looks like his shield might be broken before I get to see that happen...

I'll die of happiness if Cap has the shield in one hand, the hammer in the other, and clangs them together.

But it looks like his shield might be broken before I get to see that happen...

They'll have access to more Vibranium after Black Panther hops aboard. It's heavily tied into Wakanda if I remember correctly.

Alienous

Avengers Iron Man Captain Footage from today's event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Dcj09MIuY

So Wanda really does "bring out the worst" in everyone.
It seems like she makes Banner 'Hulk out', causes Stark to "do something stupid" (maybe try to take on Hulk in the Hulkbuster? He doesn't seem too bothered by what he did). The only person who is unscathed seems to be Captain America, who doesn't have a 'dark side'.

Very interesting.

FeD.nL

I know most people probably don't care, but will Coulson ever return to the movie universe?

Civil War cast:

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Panther
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Hawkeye
Falcon
Black Widow
Phil Coulson
Mockingbird
Vision
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Ant-Man
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
War Machine
Winter Soldier

Believe, and that are just the 'good' guys

Hollycat

They'll have access to more Vibranium after Black Panther hops aboard. It's heavily tied into Wakanda if I remember correctly.

Black panther has entire buildings made out of vibranium randomly buried around in case he needs one in the comics, it makes the earlier claims of how rare the stuff is look absolutely retarded.

Pachimari

Civil War cast:

Captain America
Iron Man
Black Panther
Nick Fury
Maria Hill
Hawkeye
Falcon
Black Widow
Phil Coulson
Mockingbird
Vision
Daredevil
Luke Cage
Ant-Man
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
War Machine
Winter Soldier

Believe, and that are just the 'good' guys
I seriously doubt we'll see most of these. The Netflix guys won't be there for Cap 3. Ant-Man also seem to be somewhat contained but I would love for him to turn up.

How many films is the Ant-Man actor contracted to?

number11

He's not in Age of Ultron?

He could obviously be lying, but Whedon confirmed he's not.

“He could [return]. Right now it’s not something I’m pursuing because I have so much going on in ‘Avengers 2′. Finding out that Coulson is alive would be an entire B story. And I already have too much movie.”

deleted

They can just do it like they do in the comics.

Have GOTG fight Thanos in space, fail, Quill or someone lands on Earth to warn them. Thanos comes to Earth. He's the villain of Avengers 3, but sends his forces to AOS/Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Jessica Jones/Defenders TV shows. So there's a threat across the Marvel spectrum.

Heck, maybe if they do an Agent Carter S2 you can have a warning of Thanos invading be the reason Hydra infiltrates Shield/Shield starts prepping Phase 1/Howard tries creating the new element etc.

I mean Shield has that Infinity Stone for a LONG time.

And then you can launch Black Panther after Avengers 3 (Wakanda was attacked, blames America for being greedy) and Captain Marvel (powered by Infinity Stone explosion or some shit) as 'A3: Epilogue.)

Marvel comics events take in everything, eventually the films will too.

I hope it will be a personal story between both ideologies and not an 0.5 Avengers with all sorts of heroes clashing. Keep it small, it will get big enough with the following few movies.

FeD.nL

I seriously doubt we'll see most of these. The Netflix guys won't be there for Cap 3. Ant-Man also seem to be somewhat contained but I would love for him to turn up.

How many films is the Ant-Man actor contracted to?

Yeah probably not, but I got my fingers crossed.

I really think Ant-Man might be a bit bigger than assumed. With the writer saying he got to add an additional action sequence:

We added some new action beats. I grew up on Marvel Comics so the geek in me was in heaven that I got to add a giant action sequence to the movie; I was so excited. So we did, we added some cool new action. There’s a lot that’s already in there from what Edgar did, there’s a lot of dialogue and character still in there.

And with the synopsis stating that:

Using the suit, the two plan to pull off a heist that will save the world.

My guess it's going to set a lot of things in motion for phase 3.

Slayven

That trailer showing Capt being able to move Mjolnir just a little bit and seeing Thor's reaction was such a tease by Whedon, very well done.

So anybody being worthy can just lift Mjolnir anytime then even though Thor is still the current wielder of the hammer or alive at the time?

Yes, they get powers like Thor, not Thor's power.

NotLiquid

So Wanda really does "bring out the worst" in everyone.
It seems like she makes Banner 'Hulk out', causes Stark to "do something stupid" (maybe try to take on Hulk in the Hulkbuster? He doesn't seem too bothered by what he did). The only person who is unscathed seems to be Captain America, who doesn't have a 'dark side'.

Very interesting.

I'm starting to think that the scene takes place after the Avengers Tower party/Ultron is created. That's probably the "something stupid" that Steve is referring to. Ultron is only a prototype in that scene and chances are he's immobilized shortly after, but not truly dead.

guek

Banned
I'm starting to think that the scene takes place after the Avengers Tower party/Ultron is created. That's probably the "something stupid" that Steve is referring to. Ultron is only a prototype in that scene and chances are he's immobilized shortly after, but not truly dead.

My plot theory
Movie opens somewhere in Eastern Europe, Cap leading a mission to take down Strucker with Hawkeye and Widow, Tony makes a surprise appearance at the end

They dismantle Hydra, take Pietro and Wanda captive without knowing about their abilities, meets up with Bruce who is at base camp

Wanda messes with everyone's mind, Banner loses his shit, Tony calls in the Hulkbuster which Bruce helped develop in case of emergency. It doesn't work.

Thor shows up, Thor vs. Hulk round 2, Thor detects magic, confronts Witch who zaps his mind as well and then flees, effects fade and Hulk calms down

Tony reactivates the dormant Ultron program. Some time passes, throws a party wanting to show them what he's been working on. Shit goes down, Ultron attacks the team.

They destroy the prototype and assume Ultron's gone for good. Meanwhile he's uploaded himself to the net, starts building drones, makes contact with Wanda and Pietro.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
After re-watching that video, I have just noticed that Steve was able to wiggle Mjolnir, in which it surprised Thor.

Yep, great foreshadowing!
Can't wait for that moment to actually happen, we all know it is coming.

eastx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom