• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'd prefer if it they didn't reduce Hulk to speaking only in catchphrases. I'd rather not have him talk at all if they're gonna go that route. They put an actor in there; let him act.
Allegedly,
hulk is out of control due to the shit Wanda has shown him. Being a mindless brute makes perfect sense.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
From last night's Marvel 75 anniversary special:

jU8zB5WYIfA23.PNG

Is that Vision behind Scarlet Witch?

one is hawkeye, the other..looks like a guy wearing IM gear so they can add effects later....maybe it is vision then...

Raptor

That little black make up around her eyes make her looks so beautifull in the trailer, is a split second but god damn she looks fine.

Could not disagree with you more.

HATE smart Hulk. It ruins the the Jekyll/Hyde dichotomy between Banner and Hulk and kills most of the charm of the character.

Really? Normally I hate Hulk, but found his talking rendition on EMH to be the most I've ever liked the character. I hope they do all or nothing as well, with 1 non-catchphrase line or make him intelligent enough to stay Hulk for a while and communicate better as in that show.

Not a fan of supersmart scientist Hulk though.

BLACKLAC

So it seems obvious that
Hawkeye is the one that turns the twins towards the good side, like he did with Widow. Vision turns good because of that SW thirst.

Could not disagree with you more.

HATE smart Hulk. It ruins the the Jekyll/Hyde dichotomy between Banner and Hulk and kills most of the charm of the character.

I wouldn't say it ruins it at all. It just changes the story around.

Peter David's run (which largely featured the super smart scientist Merged Hulk) is one of the best Hulk stories around. Instead of being basic Jekyll/Hyde stories, it went super psychological and gave Banner what he always wanted: power and genius at the same time. But even in his most ideal version of himself, he's still a broken person and ends up causing far more harm than he ever did when he was two people, including accidentally killing Betty. And the crux of the story gives Banner a snapshot view of the future if he continues on that path, where he's killed everyone he ever loved and taken out his anger by becoming a despotic ruler of a future dystopia he created.

At first, I felt the same way you do about the merger, but after reading this run, I completely changed my mind. It's kinda like what I think they wanted to do with Sentry, but given Banner's history, it works waaay better with him.

They really need to Reprint Davids Hulk, this Dystopic Ruler Stuff sounds great.

David's run on Hulk was like 17 years or something. It is massive.

If you want the dystopian Hulk, then hunt down Hulk: Future Imperfect. It is only 96 pages, and is fantastic. It features some of George Perez's finest work.

That story is also in Hulk: The End. That has The End and Future Imperfect together.

Fixed that for you. For legal reasons.

I hear people use "miracles" all the time now with reference to the MCU. I know they can't use mutant, but is miracle really the new term? It seems to me like it's just a word one character said one time and people latched on to it. But it's weird because they didn't latch on because they liked it. They latched on because they hate it. But as far as I know, it's never been officially confirmed to be the new name.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hear people use "miracles" all the time now with reference to the MCU. I know they can't use mutant, but is miracle really the new term? It seems to me like it's just a word one character said one time and people latched on to it. But it's weird because they didn't latch on because they liked it. They latched on because they hate it. But as far as I know, it's never been officially confirmed to be the new name.
I think people use this term in lack of a official one, since Baron von Struckers speech about the age of micracles in the Winter Soldier After Creditscene

David's run on Hulk was like 17 years or something. It is massive.

If you want the dystopian Hulk, then hunt down Hulk: Future Imperfect. It is only 96 pages, and is fantastic. It features some of George Perez's finest work.

That story is also in Hulk: The End. That has The End and Future Imperfect together.
Hulk: The End isnt avaiable here, too :/ Will keep an eye on it.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

Well the Inhumans are going to be introduced in the MCU soon, so I'm sure 'Inhumans' will replace 'miracles'

neoanarch

Agents of SHIELD has already been using Gifted to describe people with powers. I really don't understand why people latched onto miracles.

They really need to Reprint Davids Hulk, this Dystopic Ruler Stuff sounds great.

There was an attempt to do it in the Hulk Visionaries series, which was unfortunately canceled after eight volumes because it was way longer than they were expecting. However, it's a great look at the early part of his run.

Also, his entire run is on Marvel Unlimited, if you have a subscription.

And yeah, Future Imperfect is probably my absolute favorite storyline. The follow up to it in Rick Jones' wedding story really hammers home the impact, and I think the lead into it was also pretty important in establishing the Merged Hulk character.

eastx

Really? Normally I hate Hulk, but found his talking rendition on EMH to be the most I've ever liked the character. I hope they do all or nothing as well, with 1 non-catchphrase line or make him intelligent enough to stay Hulk for a while and communicate better as in that show.

Agreed. Hulk is really likable and great in Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I think he'd catch on more in the movies if we got that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom