• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade's opening and Spiderman 2 train sequence remain the best action sequences in any super hero movie ever.
Just auper hero movies or comic book movies in general? I really liked a few of the scenes from Wanted. Wesley's final assualt on the Fraternity, the whole train sequence

But if we're talking just super hero movies, the Nice Fury chase and the whole highway assault scene in Winter Soldier are fantastic IMO

DeathyBoy

Banned
Man, I forgot how fucking good that scene was. Christ on sale, Nightcrawler!

EASILY the best.

I saw that film opening day, with a beer. Absolutely phenomenal on every conceivable level. And a friggin' revelation given how subdued the first X-Men was fight wise. At the time, that was a game-changer for how creative and inventive superhero film action scenes could be.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Who is Heimdall and Elba is in the MCU aready?

Heimdall_02.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Was he? I thought it was just Thor 3 and IW movies.

I am pretty sure that I heard it the first time early after the movie was announced.

I am pretty sure we will only get some Ragnarok foreshadowing... Maybe Heimdall notices that Odin/Loki is not the person he pretends to be...

richiek

I am pretty sure that I heard it the first time early after the movie was announced.

I am pretty sure we will only get some Ragnarok foreshadowing... Maybe Heimdall notices that Odin/Loki is not the person he pretends to be...

According to the Cap/Iron Man conversation, Thor leaves the Avengers to investigate something. It's a pretty good bet he returns to Asgard.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
According to the Cap/Iron Man conversation, Thor leaves the Avengers to investigate something. It's a pretty good bet he returns to Asgard.

I dont know, since Loki is still considered, dead, it means that we have to see Odin, but Anthony Hopkins seems still not to be involved in the movie?

DieH@rd

Banned
Oh wow he should have had a bigger role.

IMO, he will probably appear for a small scene in which he will
send Asgard army to Earth in the last battle of the film, probably in the similar fashion like in Ultimates comics :D
. Either that, or some random small scene.

richiek

From the article:

“Ironically, yesterday I had to…” Elba chuckles. He’s not meant to talk about this, but he clearly enjoys doing things he’s not meant to do. “I’m in Avengers,” he reveals.

Uh, oh, the Marvel assassins are coming for him.

Stark

Banned
I dont know, since Loki is still considered, dead, it means that we have to see Odin, but Anthony Hopkins seems still not to be involved in the movie?

He probably heads to Asgard after whatever SW showed him and maybe even learns of Loki. Given Ragnarok's importance in the MCU, I guess it's not surprising how big the links are to it from AoU.

That might even be the scene in the trailer where Thor emerges from the water screaming.

IHaveIce

Banned
EASILY the best.

I saw that film opening day, with a beer. Absolutely phenomenal on every conceivable level. And a friggin' revelation given how subdued the first X-Men was fight wise. At the time, that was a game-changer for how creative and inventive superhero film action scenes could be.

Ew beer in cinemas is so disgusting, the smell is so obnoxious for everyone else.

Though the Nightcrawler scene is fantastic, easily the best of the movie, shame they never followed something with Nightcrawler up

eastx

Ew beer in cinemas is so disgusting, the smell is so obnoxious for everyone else.

Maybe if you're a kid or overly religious... Many of the best theaters serve beer, such as The Alamo Drafthouse. It can make the movie-going experience more laid-back and enjoyable. I don't find that it bothers the other movie watchers, but they're all grownups who know what kind of theater they are visiting.

IHaveIce

Banned
Maybe if you're a kid or overly religious... Many of the best theaters serve beer, such as The Alamo Drafthouse. It can make the movie-going experience more laid-back and enjoyable. I don't find that it bothers the other movie watchers, but they're all grownups who know what kind of theater they are visiting.

Nope, none of the both. Though I am still bothered if the one next to me smells like beer.
Maybe an american thing? Do you have to clap after you take a sip ? I'm joking of course

Thanks! That scene is so good! I wonder what Tony means by telling Cap "he'd like to see the team pulled apart" (if I'm hearing it right). Also confirms Scarlet Witch does something to everyone's head and Tony "does something stupid".

He's saying that Scarlet Witch tore the team apart like cotton candy.

But but after that he DOES say he wants to 'end the team', and he means that he wanted to create a world so safe the Avengers were no longer needed(probably through his ultron plan).

So what's the likelihood that Thor gets "killed" in this move, leading to scenes in Asgard, that trailer scene with a shirtless Thor coming out of the water, and opening the doors for the events of Thor: Ragnarok?

jmood88

So what's the likelihood that Thor gets "killed" in this move, leading to scenes in Asgard, that trailer scene with a shirtless Thor coming out of the water, and opening the doors for the events of Thor: Ragnarok?

If he gets killed, it would be in the next Thor movie, not this. The scene with him yelling is probably just an illusion from Wanda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom