• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't the phase 2 movies happen over a single week, called Fury's Long Week or something like that?

So everyone was just and embroiled in their own things.

Tony's ego is too large to actually go ask Shield for help. It was personal for him too. Thor had things under control in Asgard. Theres not a lot anyone could have done that Asgardians hadn't done a hundred times before. They wouldn't want outsiders there anyways. Then Shield fell apart in TWS and Cap and Widow were fugitives and couldn't exactly call Stark Tower without being discovered. So it all makes sense why they wouldn't light up the Avengers signal and team up.

Prototype

Tony's ego is too large to actually go ask Shield for help. It was personal for him too. Thor had things under control in Asgard. Theres not a lot anyone could have done that Asgardians hadn't done a hundred times before. They wouldn't want outsiders there anyways. Then Shield fell apart in TWS and Cap and Widow were fugitives and couldn't exactly call Stark Tower without being discovered. So it all makes sense why they wouldn't light up the Avengers signal and team up.
Ya, I mean, it makes sense to me. Not sure why people have issues with it

Don't the phase 2 movies happen over a single week, called Fury's Long Week or something like that?

So everyone was just busy and embroiled in their own things.

Agents of SHIELD throws a wrench in that theory.

They do all take place in very short "don't think. Just react" time periods with huge distances between their home bases.

squadr0n

Who is this guy in the trailer at .59 seconds. Hes super grungy, wearing a neckless with what looks to be a tooth, and has longer hair swept over to the side. Looks to be a secondary hero/villian but I just cant put my finger on who he is.

Here is the link to the trailer in question:

AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron Trailer #2 (2015) Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB3_qL1-ExI

GrizzNKev

Banned
Who is this guy in the trailer at .59 seconds. Hes super grungy, wearing a neckless with what looks to be a tooth, and has longer hair swept over to the side. Looks to be a secondary hero/villian but I just cant put my finger on who he is.

Here is the link to the trailer in question:

AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron Trailer #2 (2015) Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB3_qL1-ExI

damn I thought we were just naming characters

I get it now

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Some more promo art. http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=114726

PSYF7jX.png
2eWshAz.png
qhR62xz.png
9Rq3XA0.png

Vision
looking awesome too.

DeathyBoy

Banned
But it is the reason why they didn't contact them. May not be good enough for you but it is the reason. So what exactly are you arguing about? That they didn't try hard enough?

That's 'a' reason why Cap doesn't contact them.

But why doesn't Tony go all 'uh, Cap, da fuq?' From his perspective, the US government is declaring war on one of his friends. And Tony loves fucking with the government.

J10

Banned
TONY: Cap, are you okay?
CAP: It's personal, Tony.
TONY: I understand.

So you think this is how the conversation goes. Really? Really? You don't think that Tony understands that Steve contacting him while being hunted by SHIELD who was actually HYDRA would have likely given away his location because he was probably under surveillance himself.

Really?

guek

Banned
So, if you were a betting man, who's going to be a bigger badass on screen for the MCU: BP under the Russos or Vision under Godwhedon?
It's hard to say how big of a role BP will have in general. Vision is probably going to show up in the last act and save the day

So you think this is how the conversation goes. Really? Really? You don't think that Tony understands that Steve contacting him while being hunted by SHIELD who was actually HYDRA would have likely given away his location because he was probably under surveillance himself.

Really?

Steve and black widow have no problem giving away their location to hydra at least three times during the course of the film, when they're compeltely aware it will do so.
Once in the apple store where they plug the magical USB thing in, and again in the underground hydra complex, then again a third time when they kidnap and assault a high ranking hydra member in public.

The first one is the worst. They take actions that KNOW are going to alert hydra to where they are, yet don't use the same moment to ask for help from Tony. Or at least send him a warning. Tony was on Hydras list of people targetted by the helicarriers, after all. He must have suspected that the other avengers would be high priority targets for hydra to take out.

They don't even try and justify it in film, and for good reason. You just have to accept things have to go this way to make a good movie. Trying to justify it in universe is probably the worst thing they could do.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Really?

You said 'Tony'd understand' and I did a jokey reply. Besides, Tony gives his OWN location away every other week.

guek

Banned
I'd be down for more tie in comics like we saw with Avengers that help clarify where other heroes are during certain movies. Although, that might be a slippery slope allowing for plot holes to be filled in off screen.

TEJ

For shits and giggles i am going to complain about the guardians of the galaxy not helping the avengers fight ultron because it isn't like they were doing anything at the moment.

Okay not really.

Pachimari

Made one with Ant Man. Seems out of place. Dunno where to place him. Didn't look good on Hawkeye's bow.

[edit]
Oops, I made Ant Man look blurry..

Also working on incorporating this image in the Avengers one I'm doing:

I know there's dirt everywhere and that the foot looks weird at this moment.
Or maybe I'll drop it, and just put in Hulk.

Eggbok

Made one with Ant Man. Seems out of place. Dunno where to place him. Didn't look good on Hawkeye's bow.

[edit]
Oops, I made Ant Man look blurry..

Also working on incorporating this image in the Avengers one I'm doing:

I know there's dirt everywhere and that the foot looks weird at this moment.

What about under Cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom