• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Here's the Empire cover of the team:

V0wlDU9.jpg

This is pretty fucking horrible.

Edit: Stark's face is laughable, Ultron Drones are making some sort of pre-game dance in the sky, as well as being copy and pasted. If the Hulk's face was any more scrunched up it would just be a giant scribble on a green circle. Widow is doing some Blue Steel shit, and has obviously been Photoshopped to the advantage of her body parts.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I'm sure the person who composited it is skilled, but man... You think by this time, marketing departments have people who can seamlessly stitch heads on bodies.

Pachimari

You know...as terrible as that looks, SW still managed to looks great.

Seriously, she even looks great in BTS pictures and videos.

I really think the Maximoff siblings looks great in everything. They're so interesting. Hopefully they'll turn up in one of the solo movies as well.

Dominator

Careful man, I started with two Iron Man figures and now I'm at 52 Marvel Hot Toys in total. And the are getting pretty expensive and they release a lot of figures in a single year.

That Thanos figure will probably be around 500 USD. Star Lord is about 250 now and Gamora is 200.
Ok so I just have to ask, how much do you think you've spent total on those 52 figures. You don't have to disclose if you don't want to but I'm highly curious.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I stopped by Forbidden Planet today and they had a bunch of Iron Man Hot Toys w/ a cool IM showcase.

I need to get something like this for my office desk...

2 things
why is there a shield logo on the helicarrier? i thought shield was gone?
yes i know coulson took over but i am pretty sure he doesn't have his own helicarrier?

and why did they bring the helicarriers back? after project insight i wouldn't want to be associated with a program that almost killed hundreds of thousands of people.

guek

Banned
2 things
yes i know coulson took over but i am pretty sure he doesn't have his own helicarrier?
Yet.

I really hope we get to watch Coulson slowly work himself up to Fury's global position at shield. It'd be nice to have him back in the films too. Clark Gregg really loves the character and his fans, I could see him playing Coulson for as long as he can.

Blader

2 things

and why did they bring the helicarriers back? after project insight i wouldn't want to be associated with a program that almost killed hundreds of thousands of people.

Where are helicarriers being brought back?

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Hulks face is that picture is the same one I have when I walk in the bathroom after someone just took a huge shit.

dankir

Ok so I just have to ask, how much do you think you've spent total on those 52 figures. You don't have to disclose if you don't want to but I'm highly curious.

Between 10 and 15k most likely. Lots of the earlier figures I started with were pretty cheap like 145 usd shipped to Canada. But quickly went up as the Dark Knight Movies and MCU movies were incredibly successful.

Now you'll have to drop at least 250 per figure. And the Canadian dollar is so hot compared against the US right now either.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
25 things we learned on the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron

Lots of good stuff in this article.

For example:

8. New recruits Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) initially join forces with James Spader's Ultron against the Avengers, creating a very different balance of power than solo villain Loki. "Instead of Ultron giving a lot of speeches so everybody knows what he's thinking, it'd be nice if he had some allies," Latcham explains.

"The story that Joss put together with these two kids is really sweet and poignant, and you really understand why they would start on this side of the line. It's a great journey that they go on, from being these rough and tumble kids in Eastern Europe who blame the West, and the Avengers for the plight, the power structure of the world that keeps kids like them down. Over the course of it they realize maybe the Avengers are here for good reason."

11. Much of the Avengers' problem boils down to their lack of a clear leader post-Winter Soldier. "SHIELD has fallen apart, so this movie becomes Tony Stark and Steve Rogers trying to put the Avengers together without a parental unit like Nick Fury hovering over them," explains Latcham. "What you realize is that these are guys who work best with rules, and probably do need some adult supervision."

And as anybody who watched the first film can guess, Tony and Cap aren't an ideal leadership pairing. "Tony has been paying for everything, designing stuff, building new toys, he's the benefactor of the whole thing. But Steve Rogers is very much in charge of operations and missions, he's the moral compass," Latcham goes on. "But how long can Tony Stark have someone else be in charge?" In other words, groundwork is being distinctly laid for the Stark vs Rogers core of Civil War.

-griffy-

Banned
2 things

Are you talking about that Lego set? Because that seems to specifically be a helicarrier set of the first Avengers movie.

obin_gam

I cant unsee Thors left arm being infront of Tonys arm in reality, but not in the picture.

And now you cant either mohahaha!

How do we know this scene is from after?

That could be the Ultron-bot before it gets up and messes up the party. I mean, nobody in this scene looks like they've just been through a tough fight with robots.

You're right, but I think the fact it doesn't look like they are having a fun party is a give away. It's a far cry away from the party scene in the trailers.

You're right, but I think the fact it doesn't look like they are having a fun party is a give away. It's a far cry away from the party scene in the trailers.

I'm thinking this would be before the party scene when everyone's still somber from the starting fight and Scarlet Witch stuff. Then the party scene itself is more fun because, presumably, there's been a lot of alcohol involved.

I dunno, that Ultron bot also only looks about as destroyed as it does when it crashes the party.

I'm thinking this would be before the party scene when everyone's still somber from the starting fight and Scarlet Witch stuff. Then the party scene itself is more fun because, presumably, there's been a lot of alcohol involved.

I dunno, that Ultron bot also only looks about as destroyed as it does when it crashes the party.

It's definitely possible. This movie can't come out soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom