• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akahige

Guess official poster for the film

B-n_VvxUYAA2qah.jpg
Looks alright, reminds me of the Iron Man 3 poster combined with Thor 2 poster.
Additional music by Danny Elfman muthafuckas.
Need this guy back on Spiderman.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
So hyped Anthony Mackie is appearing as Falcon.

So does Danny Elfman mean we will hear the Spider Man theme in the film?

kunonabi

whoa, he should just do all of it. bless up. please bring back your hulk theme elfman.

The Hulk theme was excellent. I loved the entire score to that film. It still boggles my mind that he got Batman and Hulk so perfect but then completely botched Spider-Man.

Dalek

Anthony Mackie confirmed is awesome-I see Idris Elba in there too, but no mention of Tom. They must be saving that as a surprise.

The lighting in that poster is just awful though.

The Hulk theme was excellent. I loved the entire score to that film. It still boggles my mind that he got Batman and Hulk so perfect but then completely botched Spider-Man.

botched spiderman? that's one of the GOAT superhero themes

Williams Superman > Elfman Spiderman > Elfman Batman > Elfman Hulk > Zimmer Batman > Zimmer Superman

FTF

Better quality:

tumblr_nkacs0bVuu1rw6hzpo1_1280.jpg

Cool poster, just wish they would have Iron Man with helmet on...I mean it'll be the 5th time RDJ as IM is in a movie - we get it by now, RDJ is IM. And yeah yeah it's for the causal movie fans, etc.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Cool poster, just wish they would have Iron Man with helmet on...I mean it'll be the 5th time RDJ as IM is in a movie - we get it by now, RDJ is IM. And yeah yeah it's for the causal movie fans, etc.
I agree, but that's probably all contractual on his part – top billing, prominent position on the poster, unobscured face, etc.

Didn't he say he was surprised he made it into the trailer? He may have the smallest of small parts and only be there to introduce his character before throwing him into BP or Civil War.

Huh I had no idea. I just thought that him being in two trailers now meant his part was at least somewhat substantial.

kunonabi

botched spiderman? that's one of the GOAT superhero themes

Williams Superman > Elfman Spiderman > Elfman Batman > Elfman Hulk > Zimmer Batman > Zimmer Superman

eh, it was generic for me. It sound like a bunch of other themes and it never really captured the essence of Spider-Man either. Those other themes aside from the Zimmer crap instantly make me think of those characters. I always have to sit and think about the Spider-man theme before I can remember where it's from.

Williams Superman > Elfman Batman > Elfman Hulk

After those three it's Horner's Rocketeer, Newman's Phantom, and Siliotto's Punisher themes. They don't really come close to the top three but they're certainly better than anything else.

FeD.nL

Chris Evans still gets fourth billing though, which is kind of weird.

Yeah noticed that too, must've a bad manager damn. Not liking the poster too much. Still hyped for Falcon and Thor spoilers/speculation
the Ragnarok setup that must be happening now, Enchantress?

LaNaranja

Don Cheadle got first row billing, above the twins. They really couldn't have put him on the poster? I'll just pretend one of the specs in the background is him. :(

I never got the love for Danny Elfman. Not my thing I suppose.

Which is kind of weird 'cause Grant Kirkhope is my favourite game music composer and I feel like they have a lot in common.

EDIT: Oh goddamnit why did this have to be top of the page I'm gonna have so many people calling me out on it :C

Ithil

They do appear to have nailed down their "style" for the posters, after some pretty uneven ones. It's not a remarkable style but at least its consistent.

Rather than the photoshop I'd prefer a drawn poster, but that's just me.

Bizazedo

Don Cheadle got first row billing, above the twins. They really couldn't have put him on the poster? I'll just pretend one of the specs in the background is him. :(

By this point in the movie that it's depicting, he has probably already been killed. Can't break kayfabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom