• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEJ

And then during the final battle ultron flies over disneyworld, and when facing iron man during the final fight he says 'i will destroy you iron man' and then iron man says 'gosh, and i just preordered aladdin on blu ray for release this october'

Captain america then exclaims 'i can't die! I must cross star wars 7 off my to do list!'

curb

Banned
and then you zoom out through a TV screen to see Danny Pudi (In Stark Avengers Agent uniform) was watching them on a security camera just before switching back to a game of Galaga.

Gotta go a step further and then just have Abed be in the Dreamatorium having made the whole thing up.

jmood88

And then during the final battle ultron flies over disneyworld, and when facing iron man during the final fight he says 'i will destroy you iron man' and then iron man says 'gosh, and i just preordered aladdin on blu ray for release this october'

Captain america then exclaims 'i can't die! I must cross star wars 7 off my to do list!'
You ran the joke into the ground in record time. Congratulations!

The poster's much much better than the first one (goddamn, that was so bad), but this one's got problems too. Tony and Fury look so out of place, and Widow's so tiny.

Cap looks awesome, though.

The007JiM

Don't know it was posted.

x4OdOtZ.jpg

Lol the Iron Man in front.

Source

The poster's much much better than the first one (goddamn, that was so bad), but this one's got problems too. Tony and Fury look so out of place, and Widow's so tiny.

Cap looks awesome, though.

yeah cap and that vision tease are the best things about the poster.

I like hulk shaking his fist tho like "i'll get you next time ultron!!!"

LaNaranja

But that is Marvel's trojan horse advertisement for Agents of SHIELD and by extension, Agent Carter and all the Netflix shows planned.

Coulson pops up, The Avengers are shocked, Fury says he didn't share because it was Classified and they didn't need to know, Coulson says it's a long story (give that classic Coulson smug grin). They ask who those people he are with are (Skye, FItz, Simmons, etc etc) they respond that they are all "Agents of SHIELD".
Now everyone has been informed to the shows existence, and urged to go check it out.

maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it's just the type of quick humor filled throw away scene that Marvel might include in one of it's movies, so I could see something along those lines happening somewhere in AoU.

Giving Quake a single badass moment destroying some Ultrons would be so awesome. It will never happen. :(

Also what the hell is Pietro doing in that poster?

"You know, Avengers, we really are all the AGENTS OF SHIELD"

Also what is Fury's role in the movie now that he's no longer director and SHIELD no longer really exists?

I have a feeling his appearance will just be a brief exposition dump to explain where the idea of Ultron originated, or he'll be assisting with intelligence in regards to the avenger's mission against baron strucker's Hydra base.

It's funny that the three arguably more talented actors (Jackson, Renner and Johansson) were downsized... I wish we could have a more equal poster.. Avengers are supposed to be a team.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How much time do you spend looking at Blu-Ray covers?
When I spend 30€ on a Special Edition Blu-Ray, I would like to have a nice cover, too.

The Avengers Steelbook Blu-Ray with the stylized Avengers A was so much better than the ass-ugly official movie poster, on which Marvels trainees had their first photoshop lessons on. Seems they still let trainees make the covers.

jmood88

This is a silly retort. One would assume that people want their collection items (note, he said Steelbook) to look great, not bad.
It's not a retort, I'm asking a question. People are always complaining about covers around here and I'm curious about why it's such a big deal.

It's not a retort, I'm asking a question.
Fair enough. I apologize as I assumed it was a rhetorical question (being used as a retort).
People are always complaining about covers around here and I'm curious about why it's such a big deal.
I already told you why it's a "big deal" (note, all he said was "I hope they dont choose this for the Blu-Ray Steelbook." not "I will not buy the Blu-Ray if this is the cover"). Steelbook is a collector's item. Ideally more care than a sloppy designed/photoshopped cover goes into it. One wants its collector's items to look good on a stand/cabinet/etc.

edit: I see GAMEPROFF addressed the question.

When I spend 30€ on a Special Edition Blu-Ray, I would like to have a nice cover, too.

The Avengers Steelbook Blu-Ray with the stylized Avengers A was so much better than the ass-ugly official movie poster, on which Marvels trainees had their first photoshop lessons on. Seems they still let trainees make the covers.

I doubt they'll use for any kind of steelbook anyway. It'll probably be the standard Blu Ray cover.

Shame Renner's character is as boring as a pig among lions.

That... would actually be kind of exciting to see. Though a bit sad. :(

I think Hawkeye would have been a good fit for Winter Soldier (since it was filled with humans doing human-level stuff) than in an Avengers movie (even though he belongs there), mostly because of the power level of the rest of the team he has to share the screen with. Same goes for Black Widow, of course. She was good in Iron-Man 2 and Winter Soldier.

I wonder if they're going to start killing off the less powered members of the team to give the movies a bit more gravitas.

Shame Renner's character is as boring as a pig among lions.

I actually think that Hawkeye had some great action scenes in the first movie. Well, maybe because I am an archery enthusiast. But yeah, Clint didn't have good interactions within the group only with Black Widow. The others almost didn't recognised him.

I actually think that Hawkeye had some great action scenes in the first movie. Well, maybe because I am an archery enthusiast. But yeah, Clint didn't have good interactions within the group.

Am I right in thinking it's him throwing shade at Thor at the start of the party scene?

"Whatever man, it's a trick"

Sounded nothing like him, more like the snarky Hawkeye from the comics. I'd be more down for that.

I actually think that Hawkeye had some great action scenes in the first movie. Well, maybe because I am an archery enthusiast. But yeah, Clint didn't have good interactions within the group.

The fact he was possessed for the first half of the film didn't help with that. Hopefully we get more of the real Hawkguy in Ultron.

El Topo

Giving Quake a single badass moment destroying some Ultrons would be so awesome. It will never happen. :(

The second season hasn't even begun airing in certain territories, heck in some regions they've only just started airing the first season (on free TV). I think adding even more characters, in this case from some obscure TV show, would just make it a clusterfuck. I know it would be cool, but it's not gonna happen.

Am I right in thinking it's him throwing shade at Thor at the start of the party scene?

"Whatever man, it's a trick"

Sounded nothing like him, more like the snarky Hawkeye from the comics. I'd be more down for that.

The fact he was possessed for the first half of the film didn't help with that. Hopefully we get more of the real Hawkguy in Ultron.

Yeah, hope they could use him more like in the comics.

Hopefully we can see this soon:

hawkeyeiconic3.jpg

Not feeling that poster.

Was hoping we'd get one with just Ultron front and centre, perhaps sitting on a throne while the Avengers lay broken at his feet.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Not feeling that poster.

Was hoping we'd get one with just Ultron front and centre, perhaps sitting on a throne while the Avengers lay broken at his feet.

Every MCU film have also released character posters. I'm sure we'll see an Ultron centric poster very soon.

iron-man-3-mandarin-poster-kingsley-610x919.jpg

thor-the-dark-world-loki-poster.jpg

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-poster-bucky.jpg

guardians-of-the-galaxy-poster-ronan.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom