• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloomers

Tony's and Widow's lines of sight are way off, but otherwise I like the style.

Looking forward to an Ultron dedicated poster though

My favourite Mahvel poster and it was only for the crew.
1920x1920.jpg

Yeah noticed that too, must've a bad manager damn. Not liking the poster too much. Still hyped for Falcon and Thor spoilers/speculation
the Ragnarok setup that must be happening now, Enchantress?

yeah with heimdall and loki appearing I think it's pretty clear that the events of Ragnarok will be set into motion during AoU

Is Coulson going to be back for this? I don't watch AoS so I don't know if the Avengers know he's alive or what.

edit: feel free to use spoiler tags to answer just in case.

Is Coulson going to be back for this? I don't watch AoS so I don't know if the Avengers know he's alive or what.

edit: feel free to use spoiler tags to answer just in case.

The Avengers don't know he's alive. Sif (Thor's buddy), Maria Hill (Colbie Smulders), and Nick Fury are the only people from the movies who know he's alive. I don't think they have any plans of reintegrating Coulson back into the movies, mainly because I think they don't want to confuse the average movie-goer who doesn't watch the show.

Something along the lines of: "Hey, didn't that guy die in Avengers 1? Why is he back alive?!"

I wish he'd come back in the movies, though. More Coulson is always better.

obin_gam

They do appear to have nailed down their "style" for the posters, after some pretty uneven ones. It's not a remarkable style but at least its consistent.

Rather than the photoshop I'd prefer a drawn poster, but that's just me.

Ugh. so much blue.
Hope phase 3 goes with a livelier color.

The Avengers don't know he's alive. Sif (Thor's buddy), Maria Hill (Colbie Smulders), and Nick Fury are the only people from the movies who know he's alive. I don't think they have any plans of reintegrating Coulson back into the movies, mainly because I think they don't want to confuse the average movie-goer who doesn't watch the show.

Something along the lines of: "Hey, didn't that guy die in Avengers 1? Why is he back alive?!"

Ah, got it. Thanks for answering that. :D

curb

Banned
yeah but this takes a bit more time to explain to people who aren't watching AoS, than something like Loki showing up

It's true. I think he could certainly show up in one of the movies as I don't think the shows and movies are as separate at some people think but Coulson appearing in AoU would be too big of a moment to squeeze into an already busy movie.

It's true. I think he could certainly show up in one of the movies as I don't think the shows and movies are as separate at some people think but Coulson appearing in AoU would be too big of a moment to squeeze into an already busy movie.

honestly I think it's something that could happen in Civil War. they're just not ready yet narratively.

Neoxon

At least Falcon is confirmed for AoU judging by the poster.

And like Charlie in SFV, I slept through all the good shit.

jmood88

It always amazes me what art studios will pay for. There are fans who would happily make much better-looking posters for free but they'll pay for the laziest photoshop job possible. Oh well, it's just a poster.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/0...-additional-music-for-avengers-age-of-ultron/

Danny Elfman to Compose Additional Music for ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’

Oh well, so much for the Hulk or Spider-Man themes.

I dunno. Composing additional music doesn't necessarily mean he won't use old themes for it. It just means he won't exclusively be using old themes exactly the way they originally appeared.

He might very well be doing a Hulk theme that borrows from his original and expands on it to fit in with the music already composed. Technically, a new piece of music, but with a similar feel.

The more I look at this poster the more I dislike it. It's so poorly designed! Everybody's looking in a different direction and we're to assume it's because they're surrounded by Ultron's sentinels, I guess? I don't know.

What the hell are Quicksilver and Wanda doing up there? Hulk and Thor have the worst poses, it's like they're cursing at something (they remind me of grandpa Simpson). RDJ's head is badly shopped and he's about to fire a repulsor into Cap's back (is this how Civil War starts?).

SLJ is deadpan looking into the camera with a Jayden Smith look on his face. I don't know what the fuck.

Salsa

don't like the poster. it's not too stylized as for the photoshop to not throw you off, specially with RDJ/cap side by side. head sizes are all wrong

But that is Marvel's trojan horse advertisement for Agents of SHIELD and by extension, Agent Carter and all the Netflix shows planned.

Coulson pops up, The Avengers are shocked, Fury says he didn't share because it was Classified and they didn't need to know, Coulson says it's a long story (give that classic Coulson smug grin). They ask who those people he are with are (Skye, FItz, Simmons, etc etc) they respond that they are all "Agents of SHIELD".
Now everyone has been informed to the shows existence, and urged to go check it out.

maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it's just the type of quick humor filled throw away scene that Marvel might include in one of it's movies, so I could see something along those lines happening somewhere in AoU.

jmood88

But that is Marvel's trojan horse advertisement for Agents of SHIELD and by extension, Agent Carter and all the Netflix shows planned.

Coulson pops up, The Avengers are shocked, Fury says he didn't share because it was Classified and they didn't need to know, Coulson says it's a long story (give that classic Coulson smug grin). They ask who those people he are with are (Skye, FItz, Simmons, etc etc) they respond that they are all "Agents of SHIELD".
Now everyone has been informed to the shows existence, and urged to go check it out.

maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it's just the type of quick humor filled throw away scene that Marvel might include in one of it's movies, so I could see something along those lines happening somewhere in AoU.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if something like that happened.

curb

Banned

Okay, that I would want to see.

-griffy-

Banned

And then they turn to the camera and say "Tuesday nights on ABC. Check your local listings for times," as an actual animated advertisement banner appears on screen with the Agents of SHIELD and ABC logos.

Sounds completely natural.

curb

Banned
And then they turn to the camera and say "Tuesday nights on ABC. Check your local listings for times," as an actual animated advertisement banner appears on screen with the Agents of SHIELD and ABC logos.

All the characters look down at the logos and are puzzled

grizz-herz.gif

All the characters look down at the logos and are puzzled

grizz-herz.gif

and then you zoom out through a TV screen to see Danny Pudi (In Stark Avengers Agent uniform) was watching them on a security camera just before switching back to a game of Galaga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom