• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine, I don't hate you. I don't expect this QS to have a better sequence than DOPF's. I expect him to be more than a plot device that disappears once his sequence is done tho. And that's fine with me.
My sentiments exactly. I'm looking forward to a more accurate look and personality. There's also the relationship he has with his twin sister... which is a really, really important aspect of both Pietro and Wanda.

One of the reasons I love Thor so goddamn much is because he's so freaking old. The guy has been fighting in wars with all sorts of aliens and magical creatures and now he's part of a wayward band of mortal heroes. I see him jumping into the frey and love thinking this is just normal Tuesday for him, same as it's ever been for the last few thousand years.

You know, I've never actually thought about that. That does change my perspective of him quite a bit. Thanks!

Maybe I just haven't seen it, because i'm sure there had to have been at least some.. but has there been discussion about how people feel about Whedon leaving? I don't know for sure but i'd imagine they would keep him around the MCU as a sort of consultant since he's had such a huge part in building key pieces. Remembering how great an experience Avengers was and seeing how promising and in the same vein AoU is looking, i'm kind of bummed he isn't doing Infinity War. I know working on the same material can get stale but I figure he would at least put a cap on it by finishing the trilogy of phases, or the "Thanos" arc i guess. The Russo Bros are probably one of the better choices since Winter Soldier was my favorite Phase 2 film by a wide margin, but going from a solo film to a very effects heavy/action setpiece laden team-up film is an entirely different beast.

Also, if i remember right, it was Whedon's idea to introduce Thanos so it would have been cool to see him have fun with the character on film.

From the commentary on Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-Ray, it sounds like the Russo Brothers were heavily involved in creating the story beats and scenes with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely. The elevator fight was the Russo Brothers' idea, if I'm not mistaken. I love Joss Whedon's writing, but if the Russo Brothers are paired with competent screenwriters then Infinity War may be the best Avengers yet.

Calcium

Banned
AZ0Tj97.gif

That is cool as hell. I am now sufficiently hyped.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Thor should fucking handle things by himself lol, dude is a fucking God.

Is my fav Avenger though.

Thor handles quite a few things in his own comics his feats are some of the most legendary of all time. Ultron and Thor have gone back to back over time though neither is a slouch and though thor is a god he isn't like heimdall or odin and isn't overly aware of all things like they are.

I love that shot. I don't even think Hawkguy looks as bad as some are making him out to be. Probably looks a bit more natural than Thor does tbh.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Found another gif of this:

tumblr_inline_nkprdqqsP91r3hlbx.gif

It actually makes me laugh, lol, although I'm not entirely certain why. xD I think Hulk in the corner might have something to do with it.

I just noticed; there's a soldier (SHIELD agent) comes into the frame from the right,standing behind a tree, shooting at the uncoming forces like he's making a difference while the goddamn Avengers are about to wreck shit up.

black widow got the coolest moment of the jump, going for the flying kick like that.

that snow-fight probably gonna be the best action scene of the film, i like the setting.

They're just fighting humans in it though, so not a very "challenging" fight it looks like

Also who the fuck was driving the car in this shot ?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The first time I watched the trailer I thought Hulk had just smiled at the camera and I almost lol'd. I love that shot though.

I just noticed; there's a soldier (SHIELD agent) comes into the frame from the right,standing behind a tree, shooting at the uncoming forces like he's making a difference while the goddamn Avengers are about to wreck shit up.

That guy's HYDRA, they're attacking Von Strucker's base of operations.

I really hope Loki isn't in this. Like not at all. Not even his name.

well fuck his sceptre's in it. well say his name whatever.

GAF loves reading too much into things, right? Well this article has a few lines that gave me goosebumps all over when I read them.

http://screencrush.com/comic-strip-avengers-2-posters/

...what is Danny Elfman’s name doing there? And why is the acclaimed composer credited with “additional material by”? This credit may imply that Elfman has contributed something new to the score, but it’s far more likely that the film repurposes something he has previously written.

Option three. That brings us to the Wacky Idea of the Week. What if the sample is from the music Elfman recorded for Sam Raimi’s original Spider-Man movies? And what if Avengers 2 will feature an appearance not just from Spider-Man, but from the original Spider-Man, played by Tobey Maguire? What if Marvel Studios is planning to ignore The Amazing Spider-Man completely so it could bring the first three Spider-Man movies into continuity with the MCU?

And then they can dramatically kill off Maguire in a future movie to give his version of the character a proper ending before they introduce Miles Morales as the new young Spidey. This is not our original idea, but it’s waaay too good to ignore. It’s never going to happen, but how great would that be?

I one hundred percent agree with that last line, "It's never going to happen", but I think that would be SO cool.

If this movie is produced by Sony, this will be the ending shot.

I hope this isn't the ending shot.

I'm guessing this entire sequence will be the "opening" scene, kinda like how Bond movies always start with an elaborate action sequence.

My guess is they complete this mission and then go back to the Avengers tower to celebrate, which is the scene when Ultron stumbles in

I'm guessing this entire sequence will be the "opening" scene, kinda like how Bond movies always start with an elaborate action sequence.

My guess is they complete this mission and then go back to the Avengers tower to celebrate, which is the scene when Ultron stumbles in

that's exactly what other articles have indicated, that the movie has an explosive action sequence before the opening credits and we know that the movie begins with The Avengers assaulting Baron von Strucker's base that we saw at the end of The Winter Soldier

Yep, that's pretty much what I'm expecting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom