• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The punch clearly looks like it connects.

Still not convinced on QS/SW' visual effects, however. Not even sure if I just don't like the effect or there is something off about the effect.

Prototype

I eat crow if they can make quicksilvers powers look better than they did in days of Future Past.

So far, from what we've seen, it doesn't look like it though.

I eat crow if they can make quicksilvers powers look better than they did in days of Future Past.

So far, from what we've seen, it doesn't look like it though.

it's hard to top god-level. it's no big deal if they don't either, as long as his action scenes are still entertaining.

it won't happen because i'm assuming this quicksilver is more serious but it would be cool if he gave captain-america a wedgie at super speed.

DeathyBoy

Banned
He will be present throughout the movie, and we've maybe seen 10 seconds combined of him using his powers. Calm down.

I think DOFP had a God-tier Quicksilver, but they'd established overpowered mutants already with Magneto lifting bridges with ease and Wolverine healing from being turned to Phoenix dust. The AOU version of Quicksilver is the MCU's first real attempt at full on superpowers... and yes, I see Captain America/Hulk, but 'punches things hard' is a little easier to do than 'LOL, SUPERSPEED.'

Replicant

EnragedMisguidedButterfly.gif

EDIT: Beat

Thank the Professionals, Cap's costume this time around actually looks good. His costume in Avengers 1 looks like it was made by a fanboy who wants to go to a convention. Fucking Coulson.

Pachimari

I want Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to officially join the Avengers and be part of the team, also in Infinity War, and pop up in some solo movies, maybe Dr. Strange?

benzy

That particular gif is sped up.

Normal speed. Looks like it connects square on the helmet just above the right eye. Caps spit flying is a nice touch.
kwatds1.gif

QS doesn't even look that fast when everything is normal speed, so it's kind of weird to make Caps seem like he couldn't even see QS's punch when you can clearly see his movements with the blue afterimage.

shira

Thank the Professionals, Cap's costume this time around actually looks good. His costume in Avengers 1 looks like it was made by a fanboy who wants to go to a convention. Fucking Coulson.

expand, what are your problems with the suit?

I like the Velcro open - makes sense from a utility perspective instead of a full on sweater top.

The helmet was awful though

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
A shot from the new trailer. Look what's inside the truck:

rIp3dSx.jpg

I'm guessing that Ultron is trying to steal the Vision.

Quick

Banned
And a miscellaneous addition: the part in the trailer with Ultron unplugging himself might be him inside the truck just before that scene.

XAL

A shot from the new trailer. Look what's inside the truck:

rIp3dSx.jpg

I'm guessing that Ultron is trying to steal the Vision.

Looks like a drone standing over a casket/pod of some kind.

Looks like they're in Korea as well...wonder how the Chos fit into this story.

Yeah it matches up with the Lego set. Guessing Vision is in that container in the truck.

adc9VFx.jpg
EDIT::

Yeah looks like I was right...

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Looks like a drone standing over a casket/pod of some kind.

Looks like they're in Korea as well...wonder how the Chos fit into this story.

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140330000359

Other than Evans and Korean actress Kim Soo-hyun, who plays “a substantial supporting role,” it is not known who from the cast will join the Seoul shoot.

According to local reports, Seoul will be featured as a high-tech city, from where the enemies steal a powerful new technology that the heroes try to reclaim.

The “Saebit Dungdungseom,” a city-owned, man-made island floating on the Han River and another location in Seoul where the film will be shot, will be used as the cutting-edge science lab where the technology is developed and where Soo-hyun works as a genius scientist, according to the reports.

I really wish they would quickly address this in the movie.

Also I didn't dig Jane too much but I really like Natalie Portman, yet she seemed to want out of Star Wars and now Thor. Does she have an image of having an ego? (not judging her, just curious).

I think she jumped into doing lighter movies like Thor and Your Highness after doing Black Swan since that was such a demanding film to make. Maybe she's ready to do some meatier roles or maybe she feels like her character barely does anything in the Thor movies aside from the 0 chemistry romance.

Regardless, if
Jane and Thor have broken up and Portman is out, all they really have to do is have Thor say "it was the best for both of us, it wasn't fair to her with me Thor'ing it up everywhere in the nine realms." I never disliked her performance or character but i'm not really going to miss it either. Maybe this will open up some interesting love interests for Thor in the future. Also, does this mean that Kat Dennings is out also since their characters were friends?

iosefe

Hmm.

Maybe Ultron creates the Vision as a new body, he steals phasing technology from the Koreans as a means to create an invulnerable body - Tony dumps Jarvis AI into the Vision body before Ultron can jump into it.

Then Ultron creates a Vibranium body as an alternative (getting the idea from Cap's shield getting smashed into his chest during the heist in Korea)

i like this

XAL

i like this

thaaaanks

I think she jumped into doing lighter movies like Thor and Your Highness after doing Black Swan since that was such a demanding film to make. Maybe she's ready to do some meatier roles or maybe she feels like her character barely does anything in the Thor movies aside from the 0 chemistry romance.

Regardless, if
Jane and Thor have broken up and Portman is out, all they really have to do is have Thor say "it was the best for both of us, it wasn't fair to her with me Thor'ing it up everywhere in the nine realms." I never disliked her performance or character but i'm not really going to miss it either. Maybe this will open up some interesting love interests for Thor in the future. Also, does this mean that Kat Dennings is out also since their characters were friends?

Kat could work with Selvig still. I don't know if they'll be in Ragnarok through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom