• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

Went to a midnight showing for the first Avengers, only film I've ever done that for, so Age of Ultron will definitely be my second. If it's nearly 3 hours, that's going to be tough, but I don't care. Movie looks like it needs that sort of length.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I think the 160 minute runtime on EventCinemas appeared about the same time that the Spiderman news hit, or a day afterwards.

ff7.gif

HeySeuss

I think the 160 minute runtime on EventCinemas appeared about the same time that the Spiderman news hit, or a day afterwards.

I seriously doubt that Spiderman would add @15-20 minutes to the film. That would make him more than a cameo and that's not going to happen this time. If anything he'll get a post credit scene. Do those get added to the runtime?

glaurung

I seriously doubt that Spiderman would add @15-20 minutes to the film. That would make him more than a cameo and that's not going to happen this time. If anything he'll get a post credit scene. Do those get added to the runtime?
Yeah that sounds kind of far-fetched.

But imagine a 12 minute Spiderman scene following the credits? People would lose their minds.

Pachimari

I really don't think that there will even be a bit of a hint towards Spidey in Age of Ultron. They'll start incorporating him in Civil War for sure.

It would be cool though, if we saw Dylan O'Brien wash his Spidey suit in the basement of Aunt May's house in the post-credits scene though heh.

Yrael

Nah I don't think a Spiderman cameo would significantly add to the runtime either (a minute, tops - if he's even in it at all). It's probably coincidental that the runtime was updated at EventCinemas around the same time as the Spiderman announcement.

I'm pretty sure the runtime does include the credits though.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Nah I don't think a Spiderman cameo would significantly add to the runtime either (a minute, tops - if he's even in it at all). It's probably coincidental that the runtime was updated at EventCinemas around the same time as the Spiderman announcement.

Unless they 'borrow' from Ultimates and have Spider-Man pull a Quicksilver, and show how he was helping The Avengers all along.

Pachimari

So Avengers: Age of Ultron will premiere in China on May 12. Gonna be interesting seeing if it can beat the more than $84 million The Avengers earned.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Description of the Hulk vs Hulkbuster fight.

The scene opens with an armored police vehicle arriving on the scene. An incredibly angry and destructive Hulk is witnessed tearing up the streets, destroying cars and spreading all-out panic. Police, heavily armed with machine guns, openly fire on the Hulk to no avail. In the distance comes Iron Man, flying at super speed to the scene. ‘Hold your fire,’ he commands to the responding teams below. He is flanked by large metal objects that speed along through the air with him, keeping up every step of the way. We cut back to the menacing Hulk and all of a sudden, a large steel (?) surfboard-shaped object slams itself down in the pavement in front of him. Then another. And another. Before you know it, Hulk is trapped inside a giant, solid metallic ‘box.’ At least, that is, until Hulk smashes free and then continues his rampage. And then, it assembles — piece by piece — the Hulkbuster, almost in Mark 42 fashion. ‘The witch is messing with your brain,’ Stark tells Hulk. ‘You’re smarter than her, you’re Bruce Banner.’ This yields an even angrier response from Hulk and it’s on. Hulkbuster vs. Hulk. The Hulkbuster usually seems to have the upper-hand, as they drag each other through the streets, tearing up the pavement. At least until Hulk ends up on the Hulkbuster’s back, impaling the shoulder with a traffic light pole. ‘Dick move, Banner’ responds Stark as they continue to fight. Then the damaged pieces of the Hulkbuster fall off and are quickly replaced with new parts. Different parts. And now Hulkbuster is atop Hulk, Stark treating Hulk’s head as a punching bag, literally pounding Hulk’s head into the pavement over and over and over (much to the amusement of the audience). ‘Sleep, go to sleep’ chants Stark, but spoiler alert: it doesn’t work. Then, one of the replaced parts of the Hulkbuster, the arm missing a hand, wraps itself around Hulk’s arm and sucks him in and Iron Man takes flight, toting Hulk by the arm.

that final quote by Tony is making me all funny in the pants

hype rising

I keep hearing that some of the guys at Marvel think we hate the Twins, but it's more likely that they're waiting to see how they're received before releasing merchandise for them.
They seem to play an important roll in the movie which makes this whole thing more weird. Even Vision has gotten more promotional material than the twins and all we've seen of him was his head.

I tried.
cZcvHUe.png

It's pretty much impossible to make a good Wanda avatar with that poster.
Edit: OK, a good floating head avatar. Madridsta made a good avatar.

Edit 2: Bonus Vision avatars:
L8nK6iK.png
tWIVhw4.png

Edit 3: And here's a Black Widow avatar:
2EAWsDk.png

Pachimari

Dunno if I should go with this avatar or my Daredevil kingpin one.
No matter, I'm excited for both the movie and the TV show next month.

[edit] Yeah, it's impossible to make a floating head avatar as you wanted.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I keep hearing that some of the guys at Marvel think we hate the Twins, but it's more likely that they're waiting to see how they're received before releasing merchandise for them.

I'm wondering if the reason Marvel is putting the kibosh on merchandise for the twins because Fox will get a cut of the profits.

Neoxon

I'm wondering if the reason Marvel is putting the kibosh on merchandise for the twins because Fox will get a cut of the profits.
Fox only gets money if the characters are based on their incarnations from the X-Men movies. Otherwise, Fox doesn't see a dime.

The Twins are getting Lego mini-figures, so at least there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom