• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

tumblr_nkacs0bVuu1rw6hzpo1_1280.jpg

Thank you.

dcelw540

Oh shit Silver Centurion was in IM3? Starboost came from IM3 too right? Hoping to see it in Infinity War.

all these suits not used :( I absolutely loved iron man 2 suit where he can throw it down and opens. Also what version is he using for avengers 2?

BLACKLAC

Save me watching this, what are the reasons?

Title suggests he is talking about box-office but he is really talking about which he thinks will be better. Was surprised to see him talk about it.

Whedon > Abrams
Prequel taint
Abrams Star Trek was meh
Whedon > Abrams
Whedon has an easier job.

Sheroking

I like JJ, I think he'll do a good job. The intrigue, nostalgia and unknown of Star Wars will properly propel it to a bigger box-office.

I can see Age of Ultron being the better movie, though.

Title suggests he is talking about box-office but he is really talking about which he thinks will be better. Was surprised to see him talk about it.

Whedon > Abrams
Prequel taint
Abrams Star Trek was meh
Whedon > Abrams
Whedon has an easier job.

Cheers.

I agree Whedon has an easier job this time round. Even though it's not a given it'll be better just he has a lot more good will after the first Avengers.

The others I don't really agree with at all. Glad I didn't watch it. :)

BLACKLAC

^^^^No problem :)

I like JJ, I think he'll do a good job. The intrigue, nostalgia and unknown of Star Wars will properly propel it to a bigger box-office.

I can see Age of Ultron being the better movie, though.

I've already made my case in 2 (or 3) box-office prediction threads but to sum it up, VII is not beating AoU at the box-office.

VIII is another matter.

Ein Bear

I remember he said it was a one-off thing in IM2.

It is. It almost completely drains the arc reactor. Tony was defenseless afterwards iirc.

The wrist lasers are a 'one-off' in the sense that Tony can only use them once each time he wears the suit. Using them drains a little chip in his wrists (you can see them ping out each time he uses the lasers), which presumably he can reload each time he takes the suit back to the lab.

Avixph

The wrist lasers are a 'one-off' in the sense that Tony can only use them once each time he wears the suit. Using them drains a little chip in his wrists (you can see them ping out each time he uses the lasers), which presumably he can reload each time he takes the suit back to the lab.
This is why he should have multiple arc reactors on his armors.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Yeah, you're right. I reviewed that clip this morning and I was going to post an update, but things came up.

Here's the clip

This is why he should have multiple arc reactors on his armors.

I dont think its the number of arc reactors that power those lasers. Its something different. Think of those things that clinks out of his hands as magazines and Tony can only fit 2 (1 in each hand). Probably some kind of gas that fuels the lasers.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I'm hoping the film makes me like Tony again. Stark hasn't really been likeable since the first Iron Man.

Isn't Tony a total arrogant douchenozzle that gets away with being an arrogant douchenozzle because he's so damn good at what he does best? For me, him being an unlikeable character is what makes me like him so much. He's got all this money, genius and he's fresh out of fucks to give about what people think about him.

In fact, isn't that where Iron Man 3 kicks off with? Killian approaching Tony, Tony brushing him off.

I dont think its the number of arc reactors that power those lasers. Its something different. Think of those things that clinks out of his hands as magazines and Tony can only fit 2 (1 in each hand). Probably some kind of gas that fuels the lasers.

I thought he originally had them use the suits power, but they drained the arc almost instantly, then he switched to those canister things. Maybe I'm making it up I dont know to be honest, its just something I vaguely remember.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm hoping the film makes me like Tony again. Stark hasn't really been likeable since the first Iron Man.

Tony is an unlikeable asshole in the comics, too. Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Yeah iron man was good then character became a bit obnoxious in avengers/IM2/IM3. Too much focus on him too, ok he's a leader but it's avengers, not iron man and friends.

Especially since Cap is the leader of the avengers (sometimes with Iron Man as co-leader), not Iron Man as leader with Cap doing useless backflips in the background.

With Winter Soldier setting the bar for how awesome Cap can be, I sincerely hope they don't make him useless again in Age of Ultron.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Tony is an unlikeable asshole in the comics, too. Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Especially since Cap is the leader of the avengers (sometimes with Iron Man as co-leader), not Iron Man as leader with Cap doing useless backflips in the background.

With Winter Soldier setting the bar for how awesome Cap can be, I sincerely hope they don't make him useless again in Age of Ultron.

According to Evans, Cap is more useful this time around. They've shown him use his superhuman powers in Winter Soldier, and in Age of Ultron they take it a step further. IIRC Cap is going to use his strength to go pinballing between enemies or something like that.

Cap in Avengers was pretty useless outside of streetlevel support for Hawkeye and Black Widow, but this sounds like he's going to up the ante and be an actual threat for Ultron and his drones.
I really hope Hulk is going to toss Cap into a pinball frenzy

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
According to Evans, Cap is more useful this time around. They've shown him use his superhuman powers in Winter Soldier, and in Age of Ultron they take it a step further. IIRC Cap is going to use his strength to go pinballing between enemies or something like that.

Cap in Avengers was pretty useless outside of streetlevel support for Hawkeye and Black Widow, but this sounds like he's going to up the ante and be an actual threat for Ultron and his drones.
I really hope Hulk is going to toss Cap into a pinball frenzy

I'm 100% okay with this. Being a huge Captain America fan, I'm glad to hear he's going to be more useful this time.

EDIT: Just read this article that put me at ease: http://marvel.com/news/movies/24183/chris_evans_leads_the_charge_into_the_age_of_ultron

That's only the Mk. VI; the lasers burn out after every use, and the cartridge is ejected. The Mk. VII has cartridges that don't burn out, so they can be used as much as they're needed.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Gonna be interesting to see which side people are on if they have to choose between Cap and Tony come Captain America: Civil War.

It's going to be great for marketing purposes. We'll start seeing people getting riled up about which side they're on as soon as AoU drops. We're going to be branding our avatars and all that shit. I am so ready for that ride.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Speak for yourself. I wanna know what twilight fans felt like when they did it.

Dip into the Batman V Superman production thread and wait for the cycle to reach the "Marvel vs DC"-point.

We'll need a love triangle with Stark and Rogers for that to happen.

You need a third person for that. I vote for Fury. He's crazy about Steve's strong sense of justice, but he's also hot for Tony's no fucks given attitude.

Dabanton

Not sure if anyone has posted this but if you're in the UK Odeon cinemas are now accepting bookings. If you want to guarantee a good seat you know what to do.

I'm waiting for Cineworld to put pre booking up. Much better cinemas especially for 3D films. Odeon always made the screen too dark.

Pachimari

It's going to be great for marketing purposes. We'll start seeing people getting riled up about which side they're on as soon as AoU drops. We're going to be branding our avatars and all that shit. I am so ready for that ride.
Yeah totally. It'll start right when Age of Ultron ends.

I don't think so.
What? Please explain.

Let's not forget that it's only a movie and you probably shouldn't think so much about these things.
It's for fun. You are taking this way too seriously.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Let's not forget that it's only a movie and you probably shouldn't think so much about these things.

I get a lot of enjoyment out of playing along. The largest movie franchise that currently exits is aimed exactly at my demographic and I probably won't get many more chances in my life to spend this much time and energy just appreciating entertainment that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom