• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Not to sound like a downer, but did people really think Elfman's Spidey theme would show up in Age of Ultron? If anything, maybe a new theme for Spidey, but no way would pre-MCU movie content seep through into the MCU. Sorry Maguire/Raimi webheads.

Pie on my face, though, if it does happen and that's Elfman pulling some smoke and mirrors trickery.

AMUSIX

If you've seen iron man, you can get away with watching the first avengers movie, and captain America winter soldier.

But if you really don't want to, you can go to this cold, you just won't follow some of the motivations, so the movie will feel a lot shallower

So this film looks cool, can I watch it without having seen the first Avengers?

You'll be able to understand a good 85% of what's going on - these films don't have particularly deep or complex stories - but you'd definitely have a much stronger understanding of it if you watch the rest of the MCU films beforehand.

I'm a manager at a Regal Cinemas, and I can confirm that the current runtime is 150 minutes. Thats the runtime that we have gotten from Disney ATM. I believe the 160 minute runtime is the theatre adding in the 10 minutes of trailers before the show.

You hiring? haha

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Have you seen any of the other MCU movies? As I think you'll be pretty lost with what's going on.

Joss said that he directed both Avengers films for people who haven't seen previous MCU films in mind as well as fans. It would still help to watch them though.

Caboose

I'm a manager at a Regal Cinemas, and I can confirm that the current runtime is 150 minutes. Thats the runtime that we have gotten from Disney ATM. I believe the 160 minute runtime is the theatre adding in the 10 minutes of trailers before the show.

Don't screw up the pacing, Whedon.

More:
lTBKEpn.png
tCwruWu.png

I just thought, whilst Spideman's theme is not being used, it could be the theme from the Ang Lee Hulk.

Although I 100% doubt it, its fun to speculate lol

Photoshop contouring gone wrong. Also, her eye colour is really off.

Edit: Unless those are supposed to be her eyes when using magic. Still looks off, as they look more brown than red.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Yeah a ton of people still do, it's like they don't even know. It's so surprising.

It's not even a Marvel exclusive thing either, loads of films do them all the time. Some people want to just get up and go, avoid traffic and such, which is fair enough.

JustinBB7

Still can't order tickets for it in Holland, and the standard promo crap is already going up! I just want to secure my premiere seats already dammit.

HeySeuss

I don't understand the "why no twins" on the promo stuff. The trailers show them as villians. Most casual people may not know they become avengers at some point in the movie. So it makes sense they wouldn't be put in the spotlight.

Avixph

Do you peeps think that there's a possibility for Simon Williams to be one of the people being experimented on alone withe the twins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom