• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really love to see that. Psychiatrist/doctor/scientist sees all the cool heroes flying and punching things and the little kid inside wants desperately to join them. He decides to recreate the banner experiment and becomes a middle ground between Captain America and the Hulk. BUT! Can he learn what truly makes you a HERO?! Stay Tunes!

I like Doc Samson. He's the only guy who manages to figure out a longer lasting Hulk cure than normal by realizing that Banner's transformations are more based off the fact that he's crazy than the precise dose of radiation he got. And then he decides to fix Banner by creating the Merged Hulk, the greatest of all Hulks.

It's hard not to like him after that.

I'm not a massive fan of Black Panther, but it's always good to expand the world outside of New York! Which Avengers 2 looks like it'll do anyway from filming locales.

Doc Samson had my favorite comic book ponytail. Suck it, Warblade.
609399-incrediblehulk4xzkz.jpg

Just watched that Thanos vid. Damn some of the marvel stuff just seems so overcomplicated and goes on forever. I've been reading comics pretty much my entire life and I just never read or collected those comics. I guess I just stuck with basic xmen and iron man stuff.

Blader

I'm not a massive fan of Black Panther, but it's always good to expand the world outside of New York! Which Avengers 2 looks like it'll do anyway from filming locales.

The MCU movies have been pretty good about that anyway. Iron Man has been in LA and Miami, Thor in New Mexico and London, Cap in Europe and DC, Hulk in Brazil. Avengers and the end of Hulk are the only movies to majorly feature New York.

kirblar

The MCU movies have been pretty good about that anyway. Iron Man has been in LA and Miami, Thor in New Mexico and London, Cap in Europe and DC, Hulk in Brazil. Avengers and the end of Hulk are the only movies to majorly feature New York.
Yeah, SHIELD HQ actually being where SHIELD HQ should be was nice.

Alright lesson time:

Gamma radiation in comics brings out what your inner self is.

Bruce had pent up rage and became the raging Hulk.

Jennifer Walters was a shy mousey girl who desired attention from guys and to be the it girl.

Samson was a normal psychiatrist who wanted to be a hero and help people thus gamma radiation turned him into his ideal superhero look.
Bolded is why I don't think that the Hulk has a huge Green dick or anything. Hulk = Child Hood Trauma personified and that doesn't seem like it's something that would beef up your genitals at all.

Also, Doc Samson took all the data he could from Banner and Jennifer to make sure he got the perfect dose of radiation to turn him into a superhero and not a monster.

Also, fun fact, I think they were planning on introducing him in the MCU, because the non-radiation version of him shows up in TIH as Betty's new boyfriend.

Wouldn't Jennifer have the best combination though? She's not a raging mindless beast, she can become "normal again" and she has strength comparable to the Hulks which I assume is much stronger than Samson's.

Bolded is why I don't think that the Hulk has a huge Green dick or anything. Hulk = Child Hood Trauma personified and that doesn't seem like it's something that would beef up your genitals at all.

Actually, there are two points in the comics where it's more or less confirmed that Hulk has a big dick. One is during the Peter David run with the Merged Hulk after he gets his clothes and most of his skin blasted off by Vector. The rest of the Pantheon complain and make him put some pants on because he makes them feel inadequate. (I will grant that the Merged Hulk is basically Banner's ideal version of himself, so it would make sense that the ideal version has a big dick.)

The other is kinda a two parter during a slightly creepy part of a recent Defenders comic, where Urda decides she has to have sex with the savage Hulk, presumably because he's well endowed (the creepiness is because this is basically the mind of four year old Banner... don't think the writers were really thinking of this at the time). He doesn't have enough "endurance" apparently because she tries again with the Worldbreaker Hulk later on.

Wouldn't Jennifer have the best combination though? She's not a raging mindless beast, she can become "normal again" and she has strength comparable to the Hulks which I assume is much stronger than Samson's.

Jennifer probably would, but her version of the Hulk requires getting Banner's blood... something Banner is really insanely protective of. I think Samson was trying to approximate her control but with only radiation and also without turning green.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Guys what if the Hulk has a massive mammoth willy it's just invisible as a side effect of the gamma radiation and Sue Storm is the only one who can see it?

Actually, there are two points in the comics where it's more or less confirmed that Hulk has a big dick. One is during the Peter David run with the Merged Hulk after he gets his clothes and most of his skin blasted off by Vector. The rest of the Pantheon complain and make him put some pants on because he makes them feel inadequate. (I will grant that the Merged Hulk is basically Banner's ideal version of himself, so it would make sense that the ideal version has a big dick.)

The other is kinda a two parter during a slightly creepy part of a recent Defenders comic, where Urda decides she has to have sex with the savage Hulk, presumably because he's well endowed (the creepiness is because this is basically the mind of four year old Banner... don't think the writers were really thinking of this at the time). He doesn't have enough "endurance" apparently because she tries again with the Worldbreaker Hulk later on.
Ehh, I'm willing to toss that up to artistic license. I mean, whose gonna be the one to point out how small the Hulk's dick is compared to the rest of his body? And given how those pants are holding on for dear life yet we don't see a bulge of any kind I'm inclined to think he's not packing a 2 foot long viper.

Jennifer probably would, but her version of the Hulk requires getting Banner's blood... something Banner is really insanely protective of. I think Samson was trying to approximate her control but with only radiation and also without turning green.
Not sure what's bad about turning green but OK. Think it's bull that such a traumatic and over-whelming reaction to the radiation would only appear in some tiny fraction of people but again, ehhh ... comic logic.

I think in actual terms of proportion Hulk's got to be pretty well hung.
That's the thing ... Hulk's not in anyway "proportional". His body just exaggerates the parts that could be used for violence from the PoV of a Traumatized child. If you look at the Hulk, he's not proportioned like a person. He's shaped like a Golem.

Plus, we have Gorillas who are known for being wildly beefy but without that proportion resulting in a "proportioned dick". That's pretty much how I think of the Hulk ...which is kinda mirrored with Shulk seeing as the place her Hulk comes from is a desire for attention and confidence and beauty which is why she's a sexy looking amazon instead of some golem looking thing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty significant chunk of IM3 is in Tennessee too, which potentially sets up well for a relaunch of Stark Industries to somewhere like North Carolina (where it was reborn recently IIRC) as well.

Ehh, I'm willing to toss that up to artistic license. I mean, whose gonna be the one to point out how small the Hulk's dick is compared to the rest of his body? And given how those pants are holding on for dear life yet we don't see a bulge of any kind I'm inclined to think he's not packing a 2 foot long viper.

Well, that would be crazy. I mean, he's only around eight or nine feet tall at his biggest. My gut feeling is that it would be bigger than most, but not superhuman by any standard. And it's not like they can exactly show a bulge or anything for any of the heroes. I mean, if you went by that logic, Spider-Man is a eunuch.

Of course... Ang Lee is reported as wanting a naked Hulk in his Hulk film and Nick Nolte (I believe) was reported as having seen the concept art. His opinion was that it could have been used as a weapon.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
Pretty significant chunk of IM3 is in Tennessee too, which potentially sets up well for a relaunch of Stark Industries to somewhere like North Carolina (where it was reborn recently IIRC) as well.

Sort of off topic, but this was one of my favorite aspects of IM3. Tennessee is probably the last place you'd expect to a superhero movie to take place, especially with someone as rich and glamorous as Tony Stark. I feel like the whole point of that movie was to turn your expectations of what an Iron Man movie was like on its head. Even the color scheme on his suit was reversed.

kirblar

Had a thought (and I hope I didn't have it earlier and posted it/forgot it) - you know what would be a great reveal? Pepper in the Hulkbuster armor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sort of off topic, but this was one of my favorite aspects of IM3. Tennessee is probably the last place you'd expect to a superhero movie to take place, especially with someone as rich and glamorous as Tony Stark. I feel like the whole point of that movie was to turn your expectations of what an Iron Man movie was like on its head. Even the color scheme on his suit was reversed.
Agreed. This is part of the reason I can't bring myself to dislike IM3. It did a lot of clever things with respect to taking a different perspective on Tony. Cap 2 and IM3 both really set the stage for those characters having better footholds in their lives and maturing as characters.

If they could have tied up the anxiety stuff better and had a bit more satisfying of an ending I think I'd be able to say it was a great film instead of having all these ambivalent feelings towards it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom