• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Could just be that South Korean actress they cast a while back though.

That's who I figured -- probably as equally "prominent" as Hill.

I think if someone was going to play Carol Danvers in a role substantially similar to those other three, we'd know it by now. She may be in the movie, but I'd guess a cameo at most.

fake edit: oh I forgot Peggy was in this too, maybe it's her then.

Joss Whedon was walking with a cane at the premiere.

All part of a Willy Wonka act for Comic Con.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I think if someone was going to play Carol Danvers in a role substantially similar to those other three, we'd know it by now. She may be in the movie, but I'd guess a cameo at most.

Maybe Rhodey introduces Carol to the gang at that party at Avengers Tower.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Composer Bryan Tyler will use Star Wars, Superman, Raiders of the Lost Ark as influences for Age of Ultron score.

Composer Brian Tyler’s score for Marvel’s “The Avengers: Age of Ultron” will try to pay homage to the music of films like “Star Wars,” “Superman” and “Raiders of the Lost Ark.”

Those films “changed the game,” the composer said during the Musical Anatomy of a Superhero panel at Comic-Con on Thursday in San Diego. “It’s the template for ‘The Avengers’ coming up.”

That’s good news for fans of superhero movie music who have seen a bi-polar split between the serious sound of more recent Batman and Superman movies at DC and the triumphant and bombastic sounds of Marvel’s films.

“Marvel’s vibe is more old school, more heroic,” said Tyler Bates (“Guardians of the Galaxy”). “DC seems darker, post-apocalyptic.”

So basically, Tyler is going to channel John Williams for the score. Cool.

Toa TAK

Banned
But I really like the DC stuff though...

Nah, it wouldn't fit with Marvel, either. But I don't want the score to be as forgettable as The Avengers, minus the theme.

Dai101

Banned
I'm expecting a "Pepper still has powers" reveal, simply because it's too much fun not to do.

Tony "fixed her" at the end of iron man 3, or at least he said that.

Also, oh my yes!!!

BhOO4Cy.jpg

The DC music is great. None of them are touching Williams but zimmers doing a good job

Marvel needs to hire a legit great composer like desplat or Giachinno if they want their music to compete

That dude clearly don't know what he's talking about. Tdk's batman theme and man of steel theme are triumphant as fuck. "Post-apocalyptic"...wut?

In fact the zimmer superman theme owes a lot to Williams with it's use of strings

jackdoe

The DC music is great. None of them are touching Williams but zimmers doing a good job

Marvel needs to hire a legit great composer like desplat or Giachinno if they want their music to compete

That dude clearly don't know what he's talking about. Tdk's batman theme and man of steel theme are triumphant as fuck. "Post-apocalyptic"...wut?
Yeah, it is strange. Especially since The Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel have tracks that are the very definition of "Hero Tracks". Memorable, heroic, and utterly bombastic tracks.

And honestly they should have kept Silvestri. I'm not a big fan of his Avengers theme, but it was at the very least memorable. Nothing in Iron Man 3, Thor Dark World, or Winter Soldier stood out like it.

Quick

Banned

Alan Silvestri's theme for both Captain America and The Avengers were good. I'd have wanted him back for Cap 2 and/or Age of Ultron for consistency, but Henry Jackman did fine with Cap 2.

It looks like they're keeping some consistency with Brian Tyler doing Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dakr World, and Age of Ultron. He also did the Marvel fanfare.

Giachinno doing Marvel movie themes would be great, though. He did a great job blending in the original Star Trek theme with his own.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Tony "fixed her" at the end of iron man 3, or at least he said that.

Also, oh my yes!!!
Maybe he only removed the exploding part?

Yeah, it is strange. Especially since The Dark Knight trilogy and Man of Steel have tracks that are the very definition of "Hero Tracks". Memorable, heroic, and utterly bombastic tracks.

And honestly they should have kept Silvestri. I'm not a big fan of his Avengers theme, but it was at the very least memorable. Nothing in Iron Man 3, Thor Dark World, or Winter Soldier stood out like it.
The Iron Man theme in IM3, despite being notably different from the one in IM1 and 2, was pretty nice and memorable. Let's not forget the credits variant!

farisr

I thought Winter Soldier's theme (his track, not the movie's) was freaking awesome and possibly the strongest piece of music in a marvel movie yet. I actually find the Avengers theme to be a little on the cheesy side (but still was memorable).

farisr

Exactly. I'm surprised anybody really likes those scores. But I've only seen Winter Soldier once, sadly, so maybe its music will resonate more for me on the next viewing.

Honestly, pretty much all the music in the movie, I can't remember, but the way they handled The Winter Soldier himself, and used his theme during his scenes, it made that track memorable to me.

jph139

Let's not forget the credits variant!

Easily my favorite Marvel theme song (though I'm not sure if it really counts as a "theme song" per se). Perfectly fits the tone of the movie, super catchy.

I'm expecting a "Pepper still has powers" reveal, simply because it's too much fun not to do.

That's be great. At the end of Iron Man 3 he says he "got Pepper sorted out" - nothing that specifically says "got rid of all of her powers," and I wouldn't be surprised to find that that was intentional.

jmood88

I thought Winter Soldier's theme (his track, not the movie's) was freaking awesome and possibly the strongest piece of music in a marvel movie yet. I actually find the Avengers theme to be a little on the cheesy side (but still was memorable).

The Winter Soldier easily had the best and some of the most memorable music out of all the Marvel movies.

Hope they keep The Avengers theme. Captain America and The Avengers are the identifiable themes of the MCU and Cap had his tossed out.

Seriously, it was catchy as hell. No reason why it couldn't catch on like Batman and Superman's themes, it's definitely up there for me. In fairness I can't think of a way Cap's 1940's fanfare propoganda theme, cool as it was, would have gelled with Winter Soldier.

Hope they keep The Avengers theme. Captain America and The Avengers are the identifiable themes of the MCU and Cap had his tossed out.

Cap's theme was not tossed out, you hear it in the opening scene of TWS and a variant on it later on when he gets his old costume back.

I think they just wanted to put more focus on the Winter Soldier theme to play up the "man out of time" theme, Cap's classic theme doesn't really fit in with the movie tonally.

Is BW fighting with shockgloves of some kind?

She had some close range "stingers" or whatever on her gloves in Avengers but in Age of Ultron, Tony has supposedly personally redesigned all of the Avengers' costumes and given Widow's suit a bit of a power boost, sounds like she can fire blasters or something.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Great collage, although placing the two least augmented members of the group within 5 ft of the Hulk seems like a recipe for disaster.

Looks like two different artists for different panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom