• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
I think it's good he got a costume change so he can stand out more but those colours are so boring. They need to make it more blue and change the shade of red to something more pink.

He still needs some sort of mask if you ask me, maybe just like tactical goggles/headset (with minor influence from the Ultimate line of comics). Then for everything else he can take it off so you can see Jeremy Renner's face.

Whatever you think about him (I think he's awesome), USB arrow isn't his style. He's good at endings.

I like Whedon, too. I was just highlighting the absurdity of the USB arrow notion.\

Though, I also kinda love the idea of them setting up a typical Marvel third act and then find out Ultron is invincible, leading to bringing in a random terrified psychologist to try and fix him instead.

Wazzy

Banned
That's pretty cool. I hope they'll give me more of reason to like Renner Hawkeye, starting with AOU.
He still needs some sort of mask if you ask me, maybe just like tactical goggles/headset (with minor influence from the Ultimate line of comics). Then for everything else he can take it off so you can see Jeremy Renner's face.

I agree. While I would love the goofy comic mask(Cap already has his so I see no reason why they can't update it to fit the movie verse) I would be fine with goggles or something else to add to the costume.

Yeah he's done TV before too. He was great on Louie last season.

louie's an amazing drama-comedy series. with plenty of big guest actors. i don't see him coming on agents of shield willingly.

considering the huge turnaround they did on captain and black widow in winter soldier i think they could make haweye interesting in the third film. i think they'd finally give us the hawkguy we've been asking for.

benzy

Should we expect anymore Iron Man films after AoU or is the third film for each established solo character going to be it and then Marvel introduces new character solo films?

Wazzy

Banned
Should we expect anymore Iron Man films after AoU or is the third film for each established solo character going to be it and then Marvel introduces new character solo films?

There might be one more since RDJ said he would be fine doing another and they're pretty damn popular but at the moment there's no confirmation and if they decide to do one, I hope it's after phase 3.

There might be one more since RDJ said he would be fine doing another and they're pretty damn popular but at the moment there's no confirmation and if they decide to do one, I hope it's after phase 3.

Nah. I want it during Phase 3. I am still clinging to the hope that Tony dies saving Caps life during Avengers 3 (or whenever they fight Thanos). I am trying to will it into existence.
Tony sacrifices himself to save Cap. Then Cap lifts Mjolnir and beats Thanos's ass into the ground. Audience goes nuts. PhoneyBone has a joygasm from seeing Cap wield Mjolnir.

Nah. I want it during Phase 3. I am still clinging to the hope that Tony dies saving Caps life during Avengers 3 (or whenever they fight Thanos). I am trying to will it into existence.
Tony sacrifices himself to save Cap. Then Cap lifts Mjolnir and beats Thanos's ass into the ground. Audience goes nuts. PhoneyBone has a joygasm from seeing Cap wield Mjolnir.

This would be amazing and also make me cry.

But then we can't see Tony take on the Mandarin.

JdFoX187

Banned
I never understood the need for Hawkeye to have a mask in the MCU. Their identities aren't secret and there's no real reason to hide his face. Plus I would imagine it might hinder his line of sight. The uniform could use a bit more sprucing up, though. Even Widow's has more character than that.

That's why you have Iron Man 4, or whatever it'd theoretically be called, in Phase 3. Tony has the badass confrontation with the real Mandarin and is then sacrificed in Avengers.

That's why Iron Man 4 should be in phase 3 right before they fight Thanos. Give us Mandarin proper. Then make the battle with Thanos a bloodbath. Just kill tons of beloved characters, and don't do the shitty retcon of undoing the events like the Infinity Gauntlet comic did.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
just consider the Lucy movie a black widow movie in a different universe

Wazzy

Banned

I'm confused, what does that have to do with him being in avengers 3? Why would he need another IM movie in order for that to happen? I don't want him wasting a slot when he's already gotten his trilogy.

Unless you're saying it should happen before he dies so we get both instances which I still think is a waste. I want Blackpanther, Captain Marvel and whoever else they can fit into phase 3 before Thanos. It will make Avengers 3 even better.

I'm confused, what does that have to do with him being in avengers 3? Why would he need another IM movie in order for that to happen? I don't want him wasting a slot when he's already gotten his trilogy.

Unless you're saying it should happen before he dies so we get both instances which I still think is a waste. I want Blackpanther, Captain Marvel and whoever else they can fit into phase 3 before Thanos. It will make Avengers 3 even better.

I am operating under the assumption that RDJ is talking about there maybe being an Iron Man 4. And I am assuming that Phase 3 ends with Avengers 3 which is everyone versus Thanos. Again, this is all assumptions, and thinking they wont drag out the battle versus Thanos into Phase 4, and that currently RDJ's last contracted film is Avengers 3.

I am also assuming that if RDJ is going to finish off his contract as Iron Man, he needs to go out in a blaze of glory. He needs to die a hero, and what better way to do it than to finally be the one that lays down on the wire for someone else, meaning he dies saving Cap's life. Then combine that noble sacrifice with finally seeing Cap wield Mjolnir. And when I see Cap wield it, it better be in the time of ultimate need. It better be a moment to make the Hulk stuff in Avengers seem like kiddie stuff. And what moment could be more dire than in the final battle against Thanos?

Again, all my wishes are just assumptions that Avengers 3 is the final appearance of both RDJ as Tony and Evans as Cap.

Good that this is fake, cause ehhhhhhh

Oh Jesus, so fake.

Half of that is taken straight from shit we already know, and the other half is based on deductive reasoning.

The other shit is just fanboy shit.

Yeah, I have a suspicion and I really hope they kill both Rogers and Stark for realsies.

Blader

Thanos kills Iron Man in Avengers 3.

And then in the post-credits scene, we see Tony and Pepper chilling in the Bahamas, revealing it was a remote-controlled suit all along.

There's no way that bait and switch from IM3 doesn't get used again. The foreshadowing is too perfect.

I am operating under the assumption that RDJ is talking about there maybe being an Iron Man 4. And I am assuming that Phase 3 ends with Avengers 3 which is everyone versus Thanos. Again, this is all assumptions, and thinking they wont drag out the battle versus Thanos into Phase 4, and that currently RDJ's last contracted film is Avengers 3.

I am also assuming that if RDJ is going to finish off his contract as Iron Man, he needs to go out in a blaze of glory. He needs to die a hero, and what better way to do it than to finally be the one that lays down on the wire for someone else, meaning he dies saving Cap's life. Then combine that noble sacrifice with finally seeing Cap wield Mjolnir. And when I see Cap wield it, it better be in the time of ultimate need. It better be a moment to make the Hulk stuff in Avengers seem like kiddie stuff. And what moment could be more dire than in the final battle against Thanos?

Again, all my wishes are just assumptions that Avengers 3 is the final appearance of both RDJ as Tony and Evans as Cap.

I like you.

Thanos kills Iron Man in Avengers 3.

And then in the post-credits scene, we see Tony and Pepper chilling in the Bahamas, revealing it was a remote-controlled suit all along.

There's no way that bait and switch from IM3 doesn't get used again. The foreshadowing is too perfect.

No. If Tony dies in Avengers 3, it needs to be permanent. Something for the ages.

Dram

I'm sure Captain America will die in Avengers 3, since Evans' contract will be over and he wants to direct movies.

Can't imagine that RDJ leaving means the last of Iron Man. The cheapest and hokiest outcome is Tony becoming JARVIS with a new guy in the suit. Getting RDJ to record lines can't be too expensive or too much work given how Paul Bettany describes the gig.

Can't imagine that RDJ leaving means the last of Iron Man. The cheapest and hokiest outcome is Tony becoming JARVIS with a new guy in the suit. Getting RDJ to record lines can't be too expensive or too much work given how Paul Bettany describes the gig.

The box office receipts of Iron Man and RDJ's supposed income from playing the role say otherwise. Even recording lines, his name is the main draw of the films.

JdFoX187

Banned

They'll recast, as they have talked about numerous times. These movies are too big for any one actor, even RDJ.

Wazzy

Banned

Eh. Isn't the entire point of Thanos that he ends up killing everyone? I don't think it will be as fun if he only kills Tony, I want Thanos to kill everyone and Cap be the one to save them and bring them all back.

As I said, IM got his trilogy. I really don't think they'll make an IM4 in phase 3 and there's other characters to focus on now.

Renekton

That's purple, not red. Hawkeye's colors have always been blue and purple, though it was a much lighter (pinkish) purple back in the day. Nowadays, it's usually black and purple, as seen in the movie costumes.
Ultimate version had red, and I thought MCU Hawkeye is based on Ultimate.

Eh. Isn't the entire point of Thanos that he ends up killing everyone? I don't think it will be as fun if he only kills Tony, I want Thanos to kill everyone and Cap be the one to save them and bring them all back.

As I said, IM got his trilogy. I really don't think they'll make an IM4 in phase 3 and there's other characters to focus on now.

Oh, I want a damn bloodbath when Thanos shows up. Iron Man, Cap, a bunch of people. But bringing them all back would just negate the sacrifice that everyone made trying to stop him. The reset is the only thing from Infinity Gauntlet I want them to toss out. It would just feel cheap in a movie to reset everything at the end. I want long lasting ramifications after Thanos rolls in.

Wazzy

Banned
Ultimate version had red, and I thought MCU Hawkeye is based on Ultimate.

I'm pretty sure Ultimate also had the goggles and purple outfit with it covering his mouth.

Oh, I want a damn bloodbath when Thanos shows up. Iron Man, Cap, a bunch of people. But bringing them all back would just negate the sacrifice that everyone made trying to stop him. The reset is the only thing from Infinity Gauntlet I want them to toss out. It would just feel cheap in a movie to reset everything at the end. I want long lasting ramifications after Thanos rolls in.

I can't see them tossing that idea out since killing off too many characters could be a bad thing for the movies. No one would want to see IM and GOTG cast killed along with everyone else they decide to get rid of.

I don't know. I just don't see where they could go if half the favourites are killed off.

PsychBat!

Banned
Alien 3 proves that killing off heroes doesn't work.

rexor0717

I can see one hero dying before Thanos shows up to really pull a Ned Stark and let you know that they aren't messing around anymore. Thanos will definitely help them transition into whatever their plans are for the next decade of movies by taking out some major characters.

Alien 3 proves that killing off heroes doesn't work.

Alien 3 had more problems than that. Besides, Alien Resurrection was the real turd of the series.

And now I´m thinking about Alien 3....thank you :mad:

If you haven't yet, watch the documentary about the making of Alien 3 on the Alien Anthology set, then watch the Alien 3 Assembly cut. It doesn't fix all the numerous problems with the film, but it gives you a greater appreciation of it.

With Johannson unavailable in the short term, I'm more than ok with subbing Hawkeye in for her in CA3.

Hawkguy and Cap hitting bars together, trying to play wingman to each other.

I hope both are in tbh. They're supposed to be such great friends and yet we've only got Avengers to show that.

I want a movie of Hawkeye telling Cap he ain't shit for two hours straight.

All great ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom