• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spookyfish

Resurrection is an unmitigated clusterfuck, but is at least a somewhat interesting clusterfuck in terms of its visual flair. Alien 3 is just drab and boring to the core.

I ... I thought I was the only one.

I rarely agree with your Cameron-blindness, Sculli, but I totally agree with this. Resurrection borrowed a lot from Dark Horse comics, which is probably why Avengers did/is doing so well: Whedon has a lot of source material to pull from.

High quality image of Hawkguyeye.

YKG2Op3.jpg
Hawkeye got bald. Who is the guy in the rubber suit?

Now that I think about it, have any ever called him Hawkeye?

I was actually thinking about this recently. They also don't call Natasha Black Widow. They never actually call Tony's suit the Iron Man suit. Danced around Hulk until the very end.

It's kinda funny how everyone just gravitates to using those names anyways, though.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was actually thinking about this recently. They also don't call Natasha Black Widow. They never actually call Tony's suit the Iron Man suit. Danced around Hulk until the very end.

It's kinda funny how everyone just gravitates to using those names anyways, though.

Of course they did. Multiple times. Everyone of the characters you listened.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

The Russian general calls her Black Widow (in Russian).

Sheroking

They've called Tony 'Iron Man' since the first movie, and the armor the "Iron Man armor" since Iron Man 2. Hulk called himself Hulk in The Incredible Hulk.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yeah it was kind of disappointing to hear. He obviously never was going to wear the full costume since it doesn't translate well on screen but just full on dismissing the idea was lame when everyone else is so much better about it. I really wanted the mask to fit in somehow and see how they make it work on screen.

I do still think they should try and give him something that makes him stand out more. Goggles or glasses, anything really.

Eh, I blame Whedon and Hollywood.

They seem to want Renner to be UBER SERIOUS MAN. When in real life he's a quick-witted, funny guy. You'd think they'd use that in The Avengers, but they just make him so dour. Not that the snark in the film was good, rather that if you HAVE to treat the tension like a joke don't make the guy with the arrow a monotone idiot.

The Russian general calls her Black Widow (in Russian).

Oh, that would explain why I forgot that one. Not much of a visual person.

They've called Tony 'Iron Man' since the first movie, and the armor the "Iron Man armor" since Iron Man 2. Hulk called himself Hulk in The Incredible Hulk.

I was speaking strictly about the Avengers. They just refer to it as the suit and Hulk is "The Other Guy" until Cap does the "Hulk smash" bit.

Though technically, Selvig calls Clint "The Hawk" at the very beginning, if we're being particular.

I would actually love a scene where Hawkguy is trying to get Cap to date and acts as his wing man.

Or Cap is trying to be Hawkguy's wingman and the women keep flocking to him instead, thus making Hawkguy's life even shittier.

I just find the thought of the two of them hitting bars to be funny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hawkeye's costume looks dumb. Not particularly threatening, not particularly eye catching, not particularly form-fitting, not particularly stylish, nothing.

Gartooth

Didn't hawkeye got killed by scarlet witch in the comic?

I think your referring to Avengers: Disassembled. Never read the story myself, but from what I remember hearing, the Scarlet Witch went insane and her powers manifested continuous threats to the Avengers. In one such instance, Hawkeye dies saving the team.

anaron

Eh, I blame Whedon and Hollywood.

They seem to want Renner to be UBER SERIOUS MAN. When in real life he's a quick-witted, funny guy. You'd think they'd use that in The Avengers, but they just make him so dour. Not that the snark in the film was good, rather that if you HAVE to treat the tension like a joke don't make the guy with the arrow a monotone idiot.

He wasn't that dour.

He was mind controlled for 90% of the film and was appropriately fucked up from it and pissed off for the rest.

I really hope captain america's costume doesn't look like ass as it did in Avengers!

Keep the Winter Soldier costume!

I don't feel like looking it up, but it's basically the TWS outfit with very minor changes. Like an Avengers logo on the shoulders.

edit: Beaten
like an unarmed black man in the streets trying to surrender to the cops.

Gartooth

He wasn't that dour.

He was mind controlled for 90% of the film and was appropriately fucked up from it and pissed off for the rest.

This. We barely got a good enough assessment of Hawkeye in Avengers, and aside from a cameo in Thor he has yet to show up anywhere else unlike Widow, Fury, Coulson, and Hill who branched out. The decision to focus more on Hawkeye's character in AoU as well as him potentially being a co-star in Cap 3 shows at the very least that Marvel wants to make more of an effort to utilize the character than they have currently.

Aaron

Renner hosted Saturday Night Live, and he was funny in his sketches, but also he was totally Hawkguy in the Avengers send up. He can play that style if he's given the material, but they probably think it'll make him too much like Iron Man.

Renner hosted Saturday Night Live, and he was funny in his sketches, but also he was totally Hawkguy in the Avengers send up. He can play that style if he's given the material, but they probably think it'll make him too much like Iron Man.
Hawkguy seems cynical snarky whereas Tony is egotistical snarky.

Wazzy

Banned
Anyone else feel this looks just a bit too loose and desaturated? Kind of liked the brighter blues (aside from the Super Soldier outfit).
I'm definitely hoping for a brighter blue. I love Avengers Cap but the flaw was the helmet, not the outfit. I wish they would bring the red boots and gloves back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom