• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

I really, really do not like the way this is going at all.

I figured, for sure, that Avengers 3 would be the big Thanos blow-off and what came after would be dependent on who they can bring back contractually. Now there's Civil War talk (blech) and weird rumors about people not appearing; every single thing that's said lately is bad.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I really, really do not like the way this is going at all.

I figured, for sure, that Avengers 3 would be the big Thanos blow-off and what came after would be dependent on who they can bring back contractually. Now there's Civil War talk (blech) and weird rumors about people not appearing; every single thing that's said lately is bad.

Agreed. People like trilogies. A3 needs to be the big payoff. Then we can stop, take a breath, and start rebuilding the MCU while phasing out some of the older heroes.

I'm thinking that maybe A3 is going to be focused on "B" tier stuff and characters, you know, Black Widow, Hawkguy, Falcon, War Machine Iron Patriot, Coulson and budgetS.H.I.E.L.D., the Netflix guys, Guardians, etc. Leaving the heavy tiers for A4

Avengers 3 = New Avengers
Avengers 4 = Mighty Avengers

BOOK IT

neorej

ERMYGERD!

ILM is doing Ultron and Warcraft?

tumblr_inline_mrmzp5QH9t1qz4rgp_large.gif

I'm thinking that maybe A3 is going to be focused on "B" tier stuff and characters, you know, Black Widow, Hawkguy, Falcon, War Machine Iron Patriot, Coulson and budgetS.H.I.E.L.D., the Netflix guys, Guardians, etc. Leaving the heavy tiers for A4

In one film Guardians are way bigger than any of those other characters. Even Black Widow, I would think.

OldRoutes

ILM is doing Ultron and Warcraft?

tumblr_inline_mrmzp5QH9t1qz4rgp_large.gif

Usually movies this big have multiple vendors, usually split by assets/shots. (ILM will undoubtedly get most of the Hulk shots according to this, but this doesn't mean that ILM will do ALL of the Hulk's shots.)

For example, MPC and Framestore both split work on Guardians of the Galaxy, including Rocket and Groot. ILM wasn't involved.

J10

Banned
3000 VFX Shots

"Victoria Alonso, an Executive Producer at Marvel & the studio’s Executive Vice President of Postproduction and Visual Effects, spoke at the VES Summit Saturday (VES = Visual Effects Society). She briefly alluded to the amount of effects work we can expect to see in next Summer’s AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, and the numbers are mighty impressive.

…she anticipates topping 3,000 VFX shots for the Avengers sequel, which would make it Marvel's largest VFX shot count to date. She previously exec produced Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which maxed out at 2,500, and Guardians on the Galaxy, which reached 2,750."

Guardians seemed super heavy on VFX. Ultron is gonna require more than that?

LaNaranja

We have to be less than a month away from the trailers debut at this point right? I really believed we would have had the trailer by now. :(

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
You think Marvel doesn't know it's movie heroes don't have secret identities?
Sometimes I have my doubts.
To be fair, Age of Ultron was garbage and the movie is apparently only using its name.

A talking racoon!? Say whhaaaat!??

Relax. They've proven more than once they know what they're doing. Enjoy yourself sir.
Not the same, GotG was based on Abnett/Lanning's awesome run so I wasn't scared on that but on the fact that it had a chance on not being successful.

Civil War storyline would be a good way for the cinematic universe to "clean house" and introduce new characters or remove certain actors and introduce new ones in specific roles. Im thinking mostly Captain America.
That's what Thanos is for.

Don't worry, that's simply being postponed until Avengers 4. Hopefully.

I'll admit, I'm not crazy about them doing the Civil War thing either. I'd rather they just skip it and go right into Avengers versus Thanos for Avengers 3. I simply don't want to see the team fighting each other like a bunch of X-men, and I don't think the Marvel audience that they have garnered will want to see it either. This could be Marvel's first big mistep in the movie universe they've created. Hopefully I'm wrong and it turns out great though.
This, they *really* don't need to do Civil War at all.

3000 VFX Shots

"Victoria Alonso, an Executive Producer at Marvel & the studio’s Executive Vice President of Postproduction and Visual Effects, spoke at the VES Summit Saturday (VES = Visual Effects Society). She briefly alluded to the amount of effects work we can expect to see in next Summer’s AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, and the numbers are mighty impressive.

…she anticipates topping 3,000 VFX shots for the Avengers sequel, which would make it Marvel's largest VFX shot count to date. She previously exec produced Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which maxed out at 2,500, and Guardians on the Galaxy, which reached 2,750."

Guardians seemed super heavy on VFX. Ultron is gonna require more than that?
Ultron army, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Iron Man, Hulk
, Wakanda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom