• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dankir

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Blues1990

Well, folks. It's time to suit up! (Seriously, this bit of news is pretty awesome.)

iron-man-briefcase-gif.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
One of the best Iron Man Suit up scenes :D

I love that scene so much that I ignore the fact that Whiplash has a perfect opportunity to beat on Tony Stark while it suits up, and doesn't. Obviously he's not going to kill him ("make God bleed), but he can work the gut with a few whips ya know?

Anyway, the scene is utter boss. And people say Favreau can't direct...

.GqueB.

Banned
I love that scene so much that I ignore the fact that Whiplash has a perfect opportunity to beat on Tony Stark while it suits up, and doesn't. Obviously he's not going to kill him ("make God bleed), but he can work the gut with a few whips ya know?

Anyway, the scene is utter boss. And people say Favreau can't direct...

I agreed but I think the idea was the actually beat him whilst suited up to prove a point. Even when he was chasing him around a bit he was toying around with him.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I agreed but I think the idea was the actually beat him whilst suited up to prove a point. Even when he was chasing him around a bit he was toying around with him.

It's a minor quibble of mine, and I haven't watched it in ages. That's such a great scene in general. Bit like Cap's first fight with Winter Soldier in that 'bigger' battle at the end lacks that street fight feel. When Iron Man grabs that whip you just know he's going to beat the shit out of Whiplash.

raphier

Banned
To be fair, there was an Interstellar trailer in front of GotG.

I don't remember it debuting with GotG? Usually the studios do a trailer debut with one of their own movie productions. After that period is over, the cinema owners will put the trailer on a theater-wide rotation.

People talk so much shit about Iron Man 2 but it has some really great moments. That scene on the raceway, the drunken brawl, and the scene with Iron Man & War Machine blowing the shit out of the drones were flashes of brilliance in an otherwise middling film. That final confrontation with Whiplash was so underwhelming in comparison :(

People talk so much shit about Iron Man 2 but it has some really great moments. That scene on the raceway, the drunken brawl, and the scene with Iron Man & War Machine blowing the shit out of the drones were flashes of brilliance in an otherwise middling film. That final confrontation with Whiplash was so underwhelming in comparison :(

They kinda got messed up with shoehorning in Avengers stuff, but the raceway stuff is top notch, as is War Machine suiting up. That moment probably rivals House Party Protocol to me in terms of top Iron Man moments. The briefcase suit is also fucking awesome.

And yo fuck Whiplash

DeathyBoy

Banned

It also had best Nick Fury ('SIR, I'M GOING HAVE TO ASK YOU TO EXIT THE DOUGHNUT") He was legitimately hilarious in Iron Man 2, and fun, and competent. Like Iron Man is dying, and Fury's all 'you got this, right?'

I also love 'wait, you're Tony Stark and he just TOOK your suit?'

It also had best Nick Fury ('SIR, I'M GOING HAVE TO ASK YOU TO EXIT THE DOUGHNUT") He was legitimately hilarious in Iron Man 2, and fun, and competent. Like Iron Man is dying, and Fury's all 'you got this, right?'

I also love 'wait, you're Tony Stark and he just TOOK your suit?'

That was like Prime Fury to me. Where he basically doesn't give a fuck about Stark and leaves Coulson to deal with it. Though I do like his characterization in later movies too; just feels like he has less teeth.

DeathyBoy

Banned
That was like Prime Fury to me. Where he basically doesn't give a fuck about Stark and leaves Coulson to deal with it. Though I do like his characterization in later movies too; just feels like he has less teeth.

I like him in CA: TWS. But Avengers... For me I like SLJ as Fury when he's so completely exasperated it's hilarious.

I like him in CA: TWS. But Avengers... For me I like SLJ as Fury when he's so completely exasperated it's hilarious.

His writing in Avengers was weird, but kind of necessary. He couldn't really do that stuff he did in IM2, it would've felt out of place.

I liked him a lot in Winter Soldier too; a lot more serious. Avengers felt like a middleground, which I didn't like. Play it one way or the other.

The only reason I'm not excited for Spader voicing Ultron is that it's kind of a waste of his acting chops.

There are no strings to his performance tho :p

Yeah Fury and Coulson were great in the movie too.

"If you attempt to leave the premises I will tase you and watch Supernanny while you drool into the carpet."

Based Coulson. Rockwell was also on-point in the movie too. I really can't hate it like some people seem to, the deus ex machine scene + most of the Whiplash stuff does bring it down a notch but overall it's still an enjoyable film to watch.

DeathyBoy

Banned
His writing in Avengers was weird, but kind of necessary. He couldn't really do that stuff he did in IM2, it would've felt out of place.

I liked him a lot in Winter Soldier too; a lot more serious. Avengers felt like a middleground, which I didn't like. Play it one way or the other.

There are no strings to his performance tho :p

Aye. Iron Man 2 was blatantly SLJ/RDJ just ad-libbing shit at each other. The Avengers can't really have that. Then CA: TWS was the exasperation but with an actually good script.

Yeah Fury and Coulson were great in the movie too.

Coulson trolling Stark was also good. I really hope they bring back Rockwell.

Aye. Iron Man 2 was blatantly SLJ/RDJ just ad-libbing shit at each other. The Avengers can't really have that. Then CA: TWS was the exasperation but with an actually good script.

The car trolling Fury was good, as was Cap basically having none of Fury's bullshit

DeathyBoy

Banned
"Communications array damaged"
"Well what's not damaged?"
"Air conditioning is fully functional"

That got a huge laugh in the theatre.

Russo Brothers are God-tier at mixing comedy/action. The slow set-up through that scene for the pay-off with the gun was perfection.

Yessss. As low as IM2 is on my overall list of MCU films, that scene in particular made it worth watching again for me. It was like something I imagined while playing with my action figures as a kid come to life. The second they let loose and are just mowing down the drones with all their firepower... comic's come to life man. It's what these films do so well.

Elrond Hubbard

Neo Member
The suit itself is huge.

How tall is Thor supposed to be in the comics? He towers over Iron Man and everyone else, makes him seem Shaq size.

Yessss. As low as IM2 is on my overall list of MCU films, that scene in particular made it worth watching again for me. It was like something I imagined while playing with my action figures as a kid come to life. The second they let loose and are just mowing down the drones with all their firepower... comic's come to life man. It's what these films do so well.

I loved how Iron Man used literally none of the firepower he displayed in that movie in Iron Man 3. Or against Thor, for that matter. The beam he used at the end to cut all the drones in half might have done Thor some serious damage.

How tall is Thor supposed to be in the comics? He towers over Iron Man and everyone else, makes him seem Shaq size.

Asgardians, particularly Thor, should be larger than normal humans. But it's probably just not worth the camera/effects mumbo jumbo you need to pull off in order to make that happen on screen. It's effective enough that Hemsworth is pretty tall compared to the others.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I loved how Iron Man used literally none of the firepower he displayed in that movie in Iron Man 3. Or against Thor, for that matter. The beam he used at the end to cut all the drones in half might have done Thor some serious damage.

Well, Mark XXXXVII was heavily damaged and in The Avengers he still weared Mark VI when he fighted Thor, in which the lasers were still one time use only.
Maybe thats why he didnt used it, he wanted to be able to use it when it really were needed.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs

He used that beam while repairing the Helicarrier in Avengers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom