• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Awesome" Fan Art |OT2| James can see everything

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The joke that human/pony offspring would be some patchwork monster isn't that necessary when anthro would be equally horrifying to some.

Of course, there are Persona ponies. :|

I know this is really old, but I actually personally know the man who draws this. He's actively creating our anime club's logo right now, and he showed us that very picture as one of his references. Though, checking his DA page, I never figured his was into MLP that much. Persona, yes.

Anyway, he's cool.

the chris

2JJ5DEC.jpg

Link Man

Banned
^Narcissism?

I know this is really old, but I actually personally know the man who draws this. He's actively creating our anime club's logo right now, and he showed us that very picture as one of his references. Though, checking his DA page, I never figured his was into MLP that much. Persona, yes.

Anyway, he's cool.

I'm actually not surprised by the overlap of interests, as MLP: FiM is quite comparable to a sugary slice-of-life anime (with fantasy elements).

And there are plenty of great people who enjoy ponies, and some very creative people who have been inspired by the show's universe.

I'm actually not surprised by the overlap of interests, as MLP: FiM is quite comparable to a sugary slice-of-life anime (with fantasy elements).

And there are plenty of great people who enjoy ponies, and some very creative people who have been inspired by the show's universe.

Yeah, I'm not surprised he's into it, it's just that he's never really expressed his taste for MLP. In fact, no one has. In fact, our anime club is kind of crap in that we don't talk about anime much at all. Including me. I joined for the vidyas. And I got it, because the club's just been awash with Pokemon for the past month. There's nary talk of Kill La Kill, even.

And it's not like the club lacks for people with outwardly weird taste, either. Liking MLP wouldn't make anyone a pariah there. So Iunno. Maybe he's scared of the associations and connotations. But we have several out furries, and they get along fine, so Iunno.

That sounds really sad.

Yeah, with the exception of Titan and Korra (and yes, there are jokey debates as to whether it counts), the range of anime discussed is limited. What do they talk about in its stead? Whether the point of Sonic is to go fast. So don't none of y'all think stupid Sonic thoughts are manifest only in bad fanart.

No, I love them to death, really. And it's not like they're unaware of how counter-intuitive their anime focus is.

DiscoJon

Banned
As someone who's actually seen Ryan Stiles a few times around Bellingham this is really, really creepy to imagine. Also, he's much taller in person. They totally got his height wrong in that last one.

I've been living in Bellingham for 5 years now, and I have yet to see Ryan Stiles. I've even heard he frequents the same grocery store I shop at. He's like my white whale... One day. One day.

CorvoSol

Now, the biological implications of MPREG are the sort you don't want to think about anyway, but when the father-mother is a snowman, there are almost an unending stream of questions to ask. Normally we wouldn't ever dare speak these, lest we give them power, but within this thread, we may perhaps hope to survive.

Let's do away with the basics like "how can two males have children" "how can a snowman be alive" and "how could so hilariously different species successfully interbreed given all of the above?" and move on to some things more specifically related to our current situation.

Namely, why is this operation at all life-threatening to a magically animated snowman? Even supposing that snowfolk give birth via a sexual system in SPITE of their explicitly magical reproduction cycle (Frosty and Olaf both, I assume, share this system as snow-golems ought), and therefore the child passes through some sort of canal upon birth, we know there is some complication preventing this natural processes which poses significant threat to the MAGICAL life of this snowman, but how? Consider: a C-section is required, fine, but how difficult can it be to stitch up a snowman who the movie previews demonstrate is perfectly capable of having his head severed from his entire body?

I mean, maybe inside Olaf is a delicate system of snow-organs made of thin layers of ice-crystal tissues, but then, we clearly see his nose dislodged and shoved through his brain at different points in the preview, so it simply cannot be that!

But fine, let's say that somehow a snowman's internal systems are damaged during childbirth, I mean we're already allowing EVERYTHING else. But why cannot these systems simply be repaired by adding additional snow? Oh, I know that sounds as crude as saying "Why not stuff someone full of meat and blood and see if they heal?", but then again, blood transfusions, organ donations, and grafts all work along basically those very inelegant principles, fundamentally speaking.

Is there, then, a bank of ice-organ and water donors? Or can one simply acquire more snow, water, and ice from the abundant supply in nature? Or must it be magically animated, do you think? For people like Olaf and Frosty, is a Winter Wonderland more like wandering forests coated in blood and flesh, or is raw, unmagicked snow to Snowmen what the dust of the Earth is to man, lacking the breath of life, from the lungs of God to the nostrils of man?

Is the magic that animates these snow-men akin to that breath of life? Are children all not Gods, then, because they raise up snow men? Or are they horrible scientists, creating freakish Frankenstein's monsters, not putting that missing Soul into the tabernacle of ice instead of clay that they have forged for their own amusement? Are men just snowmen to their God, of interest and amusement in the winter, but melted into the ether with the coming of the Celestial Summer?

And what does that say of this fan artist? Is this work then some divine capsule, a miniature world in which, in spite of the laws of reality and reason as we understand them, two creatures of the same sex from wildly different species have successfully procreated and, what's more, found love? Or is it a horrific mockery, made by a child only marginally aware themselves of what they have wrought? Is this a statue, a painting, a gilded likeness of a God or Man who strides the very cosmos, or is it just lumps of meat, pasted willy-nilly and arranged by happenstance and grim humor into the form of something that is real?

Don't you all see? This means something.

Top Bottom