• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

This is my first GDQ, after noticing the thread last night I've constantly been on my laptop watching the stream or watching runs that I missed. I had no idea that speed running could be so addicting to watch.

fleck0

Wait what? Alex is there?

And his donation incentive is going nuts, jumped something like $1000 since the Mega Man Unlimited run ended. I think the Infinite Speed glitch run is a go. (People can see a preview of the glitch/feature in the Gamespot video PsychoSoldier linked)

Tight race in the beginning.

Yeeeeep.

XhEiTue.jpg

They usually don't last long, so let's enjoy it while we're here : p

Chuck

Still without luck
The schedule for the marathon is determined by what the runners offer.
So if you have nobody offering game X, then game X can't even be considered being in the schedule.

that makes me sad. it's a wonderful game and it's made for speedrunning :c

I am a bit surprised at no Mega Man 2 on the schedule despite how popular that game is in general.

Is it just bad for speedrunning or just super broken?

It also helps if you're a well known runner or hold one of the top records of a well known speedrunning game.

Well, yeah, being known helps, but the GDQ people usually always try to pick some lesser known runners as well, not only the big names.

I am a bit surprised at no Mega Man 2 on the schedule despite how popular that game is in general.

Is it just bad for speedrunning or just super broken?

Mega Man 2 has been in a lot of GDQs, including AGDQ 2014. Granted, so has Mega Man 1, but I believe that in this case they picked it because it's a 3-way race between top players.

G-Bus

Banned
Holy crap at the amount of money raised...insanity.

Only my second year checking these out. Do they normally raise this much?

Ianan

Holy crap at the amount of money raised...insanity.

Only my second year checking these out. Do they normally raise this much?

AGDQ itself started in 2011 and raised about 50k in total. So its much bigger these days.
Though it started off as Classic Games Done Quick in 2010, raised like 10k I think.

Vorpal

I know it's been said several times already, but the song choices during setups have been consistently stellar. I mean god damn!

Top Bottom