• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015: Speedrunning For Charity - January 4th - 10th

KarmaCow

The only Retro folks who would do dev commentary were former employees (like in this Metroid Prime run). I'm sure current employees are on a tight leash.

Yea I figured. I'll check out the Prime run later, though it would have been funny to hear a dev during a MP2 run since about 90% is spent out of bounds.

Nope, no dev commentary but it's a damn good run so if you haven't seen it you definitely should go and watch it when you can.

I haven't beaten TF yet so I don't want to ruin it in the sense I'll always have the little speed tricks in my mind while trying to play it for the first time.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Missed half of the Shovel Knight run. Gotta catch up on the archive. He killed the shit out of the swag king.
g8c7Jsg.png

Yeah, then one commentator said something like "I'm pretty sure every player did this the first time during their casual run because why wouldn't you?" I definitely didn't! I mean I saw it, of course, ha ha ha I just uh I just chose not to take that path, you know

Yep, I just kinda: "But I di...I um... oh... :( "

Anything good between Super Monkey Ball Deluxe and now? Aside from the assuredly awesome SK run, of course.

Tetris, as everyone is saying.

Speevy

Banned
As talented as this guy is, I don't really feel compelled to watch things without a story behind them.

Learning more about gaming history and the ins and outs of these games is part of the fun.

daydream

Banned
Alright, the Tetris segment really is fucking crazy. Co-op Tetris seems fun as heck.

Also, congrats to the couple getting married, haha. Sweet moment.

Unlimited is...interesting. Its primary shortcoming is that like most fanmade games, it has a very unhealthy fixation on instant death traps. It has a lot of very creative stage mechanics and enemy types, but you don't get much of a chance to enjoy them due to the constant fear / frustration of death.

It's worth a shot to try since it is free after all and I had no idea it was made easier since the initial release. I played it when it first came out so it might not be so overbearing or obnoxious now.

This run is incredibly impressive but I can't help but roll my eyes at the excessive reliance on spikes and pits to compensate for the simple stage designs.

Top Bottom